Pure Price Action For Dummies

Hi brinkfx, ok as you can see from the chart yesterday was bullish on GU. So I was waiting to go long only today. If you see from the chart above it is 1 HR time frame, I was looking for 1 HR candle to touch the support which is Red line on the chart. And it was far from opening price and time of the day was perfect.

Hi sharebazar, thanks for explanation…the mistake i made was on my chart my support line was quite a bit lower than yours.
if you look at your support line it goes straight through the body of the candles on which my trend line was placed.

my support line on your diagram would have been about an inch lower …
thank you for your explanation…i will be more careful with support and resistance lines in future …especially those close to the action…(the really important ones)
in this case i missed that line completely.

thank you for clarifying…i learned something today.

by the way…that would have been an absolutely amazing trade…i mean …the pullback candle hit the support to the PIP.
and then rallied on about 250 pips…real nice perfect trade that was.

Hi brinkfx yes it was a very nice setup, but I was not in front of my computer and I had to go out for work, I put trailing stop but almost every time my trailing stop hit before my initial TP. So it hit my trailing stop but manage to get 25 pips.

Honestly I am getting used to it, but I am happy that at least got out with 25 pips.

I am trying really hard to fix my trailing stop problem. Hopefully very soon I will fix it.

Market is soooo dead…

very nice entry

Hello All
Can I please ask for some assistance in this area.
What is an “Inside Bar” and an “Outside Bar”?
How to read and understand it & where to use it?
On the daily TF in EU, will yesterday’s candle be considered as an Inside Bar?
and in GU, will yesterday’s candle be an Outside Bar
Thank you

i think the first one the eu is an inside bar.
the second one the gu is a bullish engulfing candle.
both are quite risky to use.

dont do this…but the technique is around a swing point if an inside bar shows up…it is taken as a period of consolidation of profits…and can be a reveresal or a continuation.

the bullish engulfing bar …the price should close within the last third of the candle and ideally above the previous bars open…the candle can be both continuation or trend reversal.

great tips thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

I dont trade Inside or outside bars but to be honest if I did on the first one I would rather see the body of the candle smaller than to other one not just the whole candle being smaller overall. Like the second one your outside bar only reversed. With that said your outside bar is a bullish engulfing pattern or outside bar. Either works for me

Thank you for the explanations.

What happened to all these pairs… AU EU GU
They all dropped so fast

Does anyone have any comments on the price action of previous and current week?
How does it look to you, unpredictable, choppy etc?

The FED’s interest rate announcement.

They crashed because of this guy, I told him not to do this.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/45253-starting-zero.html

Read post No. 3 - Clearly this fault happens on each third day of the month, including Thursdays

LOL

hahahhah hahah haha

Hello Nikita. I was going through the whole thread and i just realised that you were using the luminous eye method at times, when there are no perfect pullbacks or when price has stalled at some point and couldn’t break higher or lower and you sell accordingly. Are you still using this method in your trading ?

None of the methods I am using or that I have shared here are my very own gs8888.

They were all built on what others thought have personally thought me or from what I synthesised, reading other peoples work.

There might be slight variations to suit the market condition or my trading psychology but the fundamentals are not mine.

Hi all.

Im new in price action. I really like the way it work and try to understand it. I have some questions : i heard we wanna analysis price action. And price have action in all time frames. Can we use price action in all time frames like M1 or M5? Or these time frames need different type of price action analysis? (Maybe depend on trading plan) or we can use the same technic on small time frames? And which time frame is most used by successful price action traders?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using BabyPips

Price action works the same way on all TF.

Only difference is the number of entries you get on smaller TF is much more than what you get on higher TF and the number of false entries are bigger on smaller TFs.

Thirdly the SL and TP is smaller on a smaller TF, compared to higher TF.