Pure price action trading setups

Thank you, I’m glad you are able to see the picture. It looks even better right now :slight_smile:

Slipp,

Drope your guess works my friend :slight_smile: Guessing and predicting prices is no use in Price Ation trading system. Do what you see, Not what you think.

The trading is all about probabilities. Nothing sure. Market will do what it want. If you see a signal that comes to your critiria trade it. Thinking and guessing always harm for profitability.

About USD/JPY range, between the bottom and top there were 200 pips to be banked. It’s very difficult to get a 200 pips IMO :smiley:

Happy pipping.

[B]I just thought of sharing this great article on breakouts[/B]

I was asked to remove the link, if you still would like to read about it just pm me

I like his points of where to place your stop loss.

ecerejo, I have seen a method like that trade by someone I follow although he uses a different MA from you. He calls it the “bouncer” strategy and makes some pretty crazy claims about how many pips he has made on JPY crosses

Hello Satunya,

We can call it whatever we want but I just call this what this really is and that is riding the trend, there are some people that like use emas, others use smas I personally like to use the 10 ema and use sma for the 20 and 50. I have seen other using the 8 or 13 plus 21 and 55 just because these numbers are fibonacci so it’s really up to the trader what he feels most comfortable with. In regarding to the crazy number pips that he claims I have no reason as to not believe it since I have had some “crazy” pips specially on the GJ, this one is a very volatile pair and it’s not uncommon to be able to make 600 pips in 2 days, some of the daily candles on this pair have a range of over 300 pips but because this pair is so volatile I am a little more careful in entering the trade because your stop loss could also very big, anywhere from 120 pips to 200 pips using my techniques in entering while the pair is retracing. My last trade on this pair resulted on a loss of 80 pips because I didn’t follow my own rules of putting the stop loss where it should be, and I wanted to enter with 20K and If I followed my own rules of putting the stop loss where it should be I would only be able to enter with 1/3 of that and I paid the price for being dumb. So on these pairs the GJ is by far the most volatile and the one that you have to be more careful with, but if the trade goes in your favor do not be surprised of getting 600 pips or more. The guy that I took some of these ideas of trading likes to stay in as long as the candles stay above the 10ema and exits only when price closes below the 10ema, it’s whatever fits your style. In my opinion this is by far the most profitable system that I used and like I said before I use different systems for different markets, this system is very powerful on strong trends like this and I don’t think you can find a better one for this type of market. As of now I would not use this system on the EU for example, because it really doesn’t have a “clean” trend so for that market I use regular price action with support and resistance and I also look for other patterns like ascending triangles which I consider to be very powerful patterns. And so my advice is not stick with just one system and price action is little more than just pinbars.

Happy trading,
Ed

Hi ecerejo ,
I was wondering if you could tell us about ascending triangles. Which time frame work better with this pattern? How to place stop lose? I apologize if my question is an old one but I am a newbie and interested with patterns.
Thanks

Hi Gehadeg,

You can download this free ebook from 101forexebook.com, it is compressed in rar format so you will need software like 7-zip to uncompressed it. It’s a really good ebook on price action, to learn about triangles just go to page 35.

I trade mainly in the daily charts but I also trade the 4H charts, because some of these patterns take many candles to form I usually look for these patterns on the 4H charts. I find these very reliable. Just read that ebook you will find it very valuable to your trading.

Happy Trading
Ed

Hi ecerejo,
Thank you for this book and information. Hope you good weekend. :slight_smile:

Going long on the USD/CAD if it breaks 20 pips above that resistance level with a tight stop of 10 pips below the resistance, target is next key level.

sorry guys I’ve tried to make the shots a little more crispier but I can’t, they just get reduced automatically, there’s a resistance line in blue barely noticeable.

I think your entry didn’t trigger. From yesterdays Price action the pair will go down for while.

Nope, instead we’ve a pin but I’m not trading it because there’s no room, not until it breaks that resistance area any way.

Hello Guys, How is trading treating you? Long time no updates here. :smiley:

From this month I’m putting some extra work in trading. Will post 4H chart setups also. For next week watch posting some charts.

EUR/USD

Last week EU went north from the monday inside bar break to 1.3700 area. Friday it retrace a little to NY close. Next week we could see a rotation lower up to 1.3485-1.3500 area for a Buy entry. If it break above then looking for buy to retest of 1.3700 area early /later next week. Target seeing at 1.4000.

EUR/CAD

Similar to EU, we have same price action on EUR/CAD. But weekly chart showing a Pin bar on this pair so it might retrace to lower. Next support showing at 1.3450. Looking for buy signal this area. Break of the resistance which is holding now below 1.3650 will lead a large move to upside target of 1.4000.

GBP/USD

Recent price action on this pair showing weakening of GU. There is no support until 1.5480 area. Can’t say what will happen this pair. This pair is out of correlation with EU. Looking for short this pair until it reach the support area.

AUD/USD

The pair is in a serious consolidation. Not going into deep analysis on daily chart. Daily chart suggesting a short move to upside but the larger time frame showing Short Bias. Above monthly chart showing two consecutive pin bars. A break of 1.0350 lead to a large move south upto 0.9700. (I’m crazy lol :smiley: atleast it might hit 1.0150. Let’s see how the pair move.

Will update charts on a daily basis if God wish.

Happy Pipping.

EUR/NZD

EUR/NZD showing a pin bar at resistance on weekly chart. The pair is in LONG term down trend. Will it go south? I’m seeing a possible downward move up to 1.5450. OR will it go up? Evidently daily chart showing a HH HL pattern. Any thoughts?

Thanks for pulling in this pair, right now I’m desperately looking where to short it again, though I’ve shorted it on the high of the Friday candle, as a retracement. but this is the case when I’d like to add positions and I still must learn it how professionals do this. I have one little order at the 50ish area but it doesn’t seem to retrace that much.

Hi Kores,

This is the current chart. 4H. The chart showing a support at the moment at 1.6000 level. It need to break this level and close below the level. You can add position below the level as a BPC. Do what you see there. Can’t recommend anything. But for me it’s easy to give recommendations as far as my money not at stake :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy pipping

Thank you so much Salimvp! Other’s chart is always clearer than mine :smiley: I needed to look up what is BPC, but I concluded Breakout,Pullback,Continuation :slight_smile: Thank you so much about the teaching in your lines! these are the things I still like to come here to babypips.
happy pippin and a nice day to you!

Anyone Buying EUR/USD, EUR/CAD or JPY Pairs?

Yeah, it’s interesting, cause yesterday I felt I should buy Usd, maybe UC or UChf. it’s so strange I feel this hiding strength of it. yet, there’s the obvious move of the continuation we should be in. so yeah, I try the Yen pair, maybe both on U and E.

Any comments on jpy pairs this week??

Good.

Kores, On a said note the EUR/NZD failed to break 1.6000 level. So it might go up from here. Your favorite indicator :stuck_out_tongue: trend line working here very strongly on 4H chart. Do you seeing the line?

Happy pippin