Pure price action trading setups

What happened to the OP? :slight_smile:

Hi Kevin I noticed youā€™re all over the PA threads today, I donā€™t know if youā€™re aware that Jonathan, Chris and Nigal all have a ton of utube video where they go into PA. I canā€™t speak for Chris or Nigal, but when I was looking at PA after going through all Jonathanā€™s free stuff, I took his course. The course itself was mostly an expansion of his free stuff, which I found no matter who offers the free stuff, PA or other wise, the pay for courses are mostly an extension of the free stuff.
In my opinion, the real value of Jonathanā€™s course is in the private members forum, where he and other PA traders post and answer questions about PA. Of course to get the forum you have to buy the course first, which is pretty much the deal with all the different methods of training. I know for sure thatā€™s how Chrisā€™s works as well. Nigal Iā€™m not familiar with after the free stuff. Like I said I donā€™t know if this is what youā€™re looking for so hope this helps
Gp

Hello Guys,

This is a reply I posted recently in another thread. I thought Itā€™s good to post here too. :wink:

Here is My chart of GBP/USD. Iā€™m not explaining a lot about the chart analysis. The charts speak itself.

The monthly resistance as per my chart is at 1.6700 and 1.7000. Letā€™s look another chart of FXCM. I draw a trend line for a clear view. Both chart shows a breakout to upside.

Further more Fundamentaly the GBP is strong now for various reason. Iā€™m not favour to short at current price. But I will wait to price comeback to my support level to go long. Better wait until next week. Tomorrow has the rate decision and friday we have Non-farm.

Hope itā€™s useful :smiley:

Happy Trading

Iā€™m here mate. I was away from the forum due to various reasons. I will be back soon with lot of charts. he he he. :slight_smile:

Ok so this is a trade idea which is definitively long-term! On the monthly chart, cross-pair AUDNZD has been range-bound as far as my charts can scroll back to (1994) and the Aussie Dollar is rapidly approaching its 25 year low.

As this level (1.0500) has held for 25+ years and has not even been penetrated with any real conviction, we could certainly rationalise with probability that the bounce off of it is infinitely more likely than the breakout.

As the Aussie Dollar is losing ground in what is essentially a two-horse race with the Kiwi Dollar ever since March 2011 we have not really been interested in trying to catch a falling knife by taking it longā€¦until now.

We are waiting for price to get down to this 25 year low and we will look for a price action-based reason to take it long on either the monthly or weekly timeframe.

It looks set to be a simple ā€œbuy the bottomā€ of the range trade. Until then, it really is a waiting game!

Nice post Lazytrader. I agreed with your analysis. We could see a reaction in 1.0500 level. Your chart giving a broader look.

Itā€™s important to wait until the pair reach 1.0500 to get in LONG trades but we can short this pair upto 1.0500 level with a long or short term trading perspective. Recently it broke the 1.0200 rangebound support (it held three times since august) and moving it nicely to the south with a pullback to the previous support.

Happy trading.

Letā€™s see what happen after 500 Postsā€¦ :smiley:

Iā€™ve developed a strategy that focuses entering at the beginning and exiting at a complete trend cycle using price action

Since that screen shot I have added in a 13 sma for precision entry

After additions to original

No offense but you would have to explain this to me I dont even see what price is in that chart

Hey guys, I am new here but I have been trading for a while. So I thought to provide some of my own analysis. Feel free to give feedback. I have some charts but I cannot post it or give links since I am new member. So if you want to see it, then give me a message.

USDCHF
USDCHF continues hovering around the 200-day SMA in an attempt to clear 0.9000 psychological mark resistance. A decisive break above 0.9000 has the potential to provide further lift to the pair till 0.9140 horizontal resistance area.

However, rejection of 0.9000 mark and subsequent break below last weekā€™s low of 0.8935 could weaken the pair to re-test 100-day SMA support near 0.8890 level.

NZDUSD
The pair reversed from an important support turned resistance zone near 0.8520-0.8500 zone. Moreover, it has also dropped below 100-day SMA support, suggesting continuation of the weakening trend towards 0.8400 mark. Traders could utilize any pull-back to initiate fresh short positions.

GOLD

Gold prices seems to continue to be compressed by 20-EMA on H1 chart. A pullback from $1240.86 (near to the 23.6% Fibonacci Retracement level of its Aug. 2013 to December 2013 down leg on Daily Chart) may lead it towards $1248 (current 20-EMA) and then the downside pressure can continue to force the yellow metal towards $1240 again. Should it break $1240, it is vulnerable to test $1235 and $1230 on the immediate basis.

AUDUSD

Having breached the 0.9300 level, the pair fell to its next support of 0.9255. The MACD and a cross of 20-EMA to 40-EMA signals the short term downtrend towards 0.9230 and 0.9200. However, a pullback 0.9270 and 0.9300 can be expected concerning the current recovery from lows.

Hope it helps!

Hey guys, I am new here but I have been trading for a while. So I thought to provide some of my own analysis. Feel free to give feedback.

USD/CAD
Having breached 1.0855, USD/CAD becomes vulnerable to run towards 1.0880, but if that level is also broken then 1.0910 can become the next resistance for the pair. The downside supports of 1.0855 and 1.0840 become important for the pair to trade southwards.

Hope it helps!

The charts are not included as I am new member still, You can write to me for the charts.

GBPUSD
23.6% fibo level of 1.6995 to 1.6692, near 1.6765, restricts the up move by the Cable. A sustained trading above can lead it towards 1.6785 and 38.2% Fibo level of near 1.6800 zone, which becomes decisive for the near term movement of the pair. On the downside, 1.6720 and 1.6700 becomes important supports for the pair.

Hope it helps!

The charts are not included as I am new member still, you can write to me for the charts.

USD/JPY crossed descending trend line resistance near 102. A sustained trading above can lead the pair towards 61.8% Fibo. Level of its 102.86 to 100.82 downturn near 102.20, breaking which 102.35 can become important for the pair to rally towards 102.60 and 102.90 levels. On the downside, 50% Fibo level near 101.90 and 101.70 becomes supports for the pair.

Hope it helps!

Ok this is the last post before before I can post pictures. So from next posts, you will be able to see the nice charts that I have :slight_smile:

The recent EUR/USD sell-off seems to have paused for time being near 1.3600, but still seems questionable. The pair has dropped below 200-day SMA for the first time in 2014. Moreover, with the prospects of ECB announcing some sort of stimulus measure to fight against the risk of deflation, every bounce towards 200-day SMA or 1.3700 would be utilized by traders as an opportunity to initiate fresh shorts. In the near-term, the pair seems vulnerable to drop below 1.3500 mark.

Hope it helps!

Ok guys here is the EUR/AUD analysis. Woohoo I can even post my charts now. Enjoy!

Even though EUR/AUD decisively broke below 200-day SMA, it has managed to bounce from a medium-term ascending trend-line support near 1.4600 mark. Near-term outlook seems range-bound between 1.4770 - 1.4600. You should ideally wait for a break above or below the trading range before initiating a fresh buy or sell position respectively. A move back above 1.4770 would confirm a re-test of 200-day SMA, currently near 1.4870.

A decisive break below the ascending trend-line support would open up the room for a serious decline to sub-1.4400 levels.

Hope it helps!

Excellent Analysis, TlinFX. Keep up the work.

hi i did not understand 5 candle weekly what its mean will u explain thanks

Abdur, its unlikely youā€™ll get a reply from the OP, this thread has been dormant almost 2 years.
Suggest you spend some time working thru the free school here.
Good luck