"Quotes" worth quoting

Here is another one on Johann’s night:

[I]Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one’s thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.[/I]

Plus one for dessert:

[I]Thinking is the greatest torture in the world for most people.[/I]

Here is another one, contradicting the other Johann’s quote from my yesterdays post:

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

Here now it seems it is easy in contradiction to difficult to act, because it is natural that thinking becomes action.

So, watch out! Even while reading quotes. :smiley:

It needs this stuff between ears to find out what is the truth and what is a myth. And, nobody else can help to find that out other than YOU! :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Our glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall.

Confucius

[B]The day Microsoft makes a product that does not suck will be the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

[/B]Unknown

“you can not have one thing without the other. A thing can not exist without it’s opposite. You can not have cold without hot. you can not have positive without negative. you can not have good without evil. You can not have God without Satan”

-W.M.C.

[I]“There is no good and evil, there is only [B]power[/B]… and those too weak to seek it.”[/I]

Joanne Kathleen Rowling

“It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.”

Niccolo Machiavelli

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is the victory over self.

Aristotle

“We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.”

Nancy Pelosi

The Witch of the West

Hell, that’s the political quote of the decade!

That sounds like something Yogi Berra might have said… :smiley:

yeah except he makes more sense

Dollars & cents…:smiley:

Not trying is the same as failing.

“A government big enough to give you everything you want,
is big enough to take away everything you have.”

Thomas Jefferson

“Greed is often a prelude to disaster” - a Chinese proverb quoted by Daryl Guppy in his book “Trend Trading.”

I have to paraphrase this as I cannot remember the thread or quoter over on FF: “A professional trader measures his risk; the amateur looks for profit.” Or something like that!

Je ne parle pas au cons, ça les instruit…which, translated into English means “I don’t talk to imbeciles, it educates them!”

My BPs signature…when they used to display them…said…
[I]
[B]Success is getting what you want…Happiness is wanting what you get![/B][/I]

:slight_smile:

A successful man is one that can make more money than his wife can spend;
A successful woman is one that can find such a man.

[B]“An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes to be made in a very narrow field”[/B] ~ Niels Bohr

[B]“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me”[/B] ~ Ayn Rand