"Quotes" worth quoting

“I would never join any club that would have ME as a member.” - Groucho Marx

“Don’t Panic” - the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

“Of course you realize, this means war.” - Bugs Bunny:38:

“Earth: Mostly harmless”

-Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy.

“My paid room only costs $69”

-James

He forgot the next part: “but that’s still actually freaking expensive if you consider the value for money”

“careful or we’ll all get banned”

“When the bad ones run wild and the good ones get shot down it may be time to move on”

While cruising down the interstate highway recently in heavy traffic and knowing I needed to be in a different lane I said to myself… Self I said… “sometimes you just have to decide where you need to be and then put yourself there!”

-Me

Actually I think it was $59 rather than $69 but still $58.99 too much.

Lol.

Incidentally, I think I owe you an apology. I rather lost my temper with Samys, yesterday, in your new ‘…banned’ thread. I didn’t say anything too offensive - that’s not really my style! - but I was rather blunt. I woke up this morning to see that the thread has disappeared, so assume that one of the Mods took exception to how it was going and deleted it. So I am sorry, that was not my intention. I inhabit a sort of no man’s land, here, somewhere between the Old Guard and the New Blood, but I should not have let my frustration at the (misplaced) arrogance of some of the New Blood boil over. So I am sorry.

ST

hey no problems Simon, no need to apologize :slight_smile:

Here’s another good quote
"Say what you mean and mean what you say"

I don’t know who said that but it’s a good one!

The best trading method is to take advantage of the crowd’s greed and fear.

One must be able to read the current level of market’s hidden energy to be a master trader.

A low risk high return trade is the trade that aligns with fundamental and is opposite the current market emotion.

-----Jimmy Chow

Thank you.

And I agree, that is a good one - I’d add that if everyone simply did what they said they would do, we’d all be better off!

I feel this quote was worth repeating

On a side note although you losing your temper was justified I must say I have never seen that from you. Good to know that you are human after all I was starting to think other wise.

Lol thanks Bob, both for the direct compliment and the implied one.

I don’t often lose my temper, no, but it’s been a hectic week here and occasionally people just push my buttons!! I shouldn’t bite but, well, we’re all human. Some people just rub me up the wrong way occasionally. I’m sure normal service will resume shortly and I will go back to minding my P’s and Q’s.

At least it confirms I’m human lol.

“Also the classical behavior of macroscopic bodies becomes an emergent phenomenon to be described by approximations of quantum many-body theory.”

oops, wrong forum. Well it’s a good quote anyway. :smiley:

Cripes. I wouldn’t even know which section of the library to look in for a book about that!!

Buy on fear, sell on greed.

Buy on the rumor, sell on the news.

The trend is your friend.

Amateurs want to be right. Professionals want to make money.

It has been my experience that competency in mathematics, both in numerical manipulations and in understanding its conceptual foundations, enhances a person’s ability to handle the more ambiguous and qualitative relationships that dominate our day-to-day financial decision-making.

In another forum someone asked if sound waves have wave / particle duality so I had to go look it up. Seems there is such a thing as a phonon sort of.

anyway… quote of the day:

“quantum mechanics use jumper cables”
-me

That’s a geeky science joke :smiley:

maybe this should be in the music thread but…

“and another one bites another one bites the dust hey hey!”

-Queen

“and another one bites the dust”

“Success is the sum of small efforts - repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier.

“Those who can, Do. Those who Can’t, run forums and skype rooms”

“Don’t waste time learning the "tricks of the trade. Instead, learn the trade.”

“Brain Tip: Worry - it’s one of the most damaging activities you can engage in. It turns off logic, reason, compassion, and decision-making centers in your brain. Worry is a mental fantasy about something bad that MAY happen in the future. — SOLUTION: Try interrupting worrisome thoughts and replace it with a clear practical strategy that will improve your chances of succeeding.” ~ John Assaraf