Range bound or Trend trading? Picking tops and bottoms

I used SnagIt to capture screen shots until my 30 free trial ran out. I found Screen Shot 8, which works really well. $9.98 on ebay includes shipping.

Don’t know who they think I’m advertising for since I have no connection to the ebay seller other than being a customer. Just want members to know where they can get a useful product at a good price. :confused:

Caught this move at 2:45pm today. hourly trading above 20sma. 15 min hits bottom bolinger, reverse candle forms (spinning top). To much indecision so waited for next candle to form and entered. Locked in 15 pips.

Good going!

Very nice! :wink:

Hi

I was just wondering why cooldude has been banned, if this site is supposed to be to about helping others and he was willing to trade his strategy live on skype, what was so wrong with that?

I for one would love to trade with others the same strategy!

Hi,
I wonder too. Would have loved to see cooldude in action realtime. Guess its probably because it takes attention away from the site.

Hey,
just wanted to find out how everybodys doing. Making a lot of pips I hope.

I’ve had a great day today. 7 winning trades for 184 pips. 3 losers for 55 pips. 184-55=129 cooldude opened my eyes to the use of Bolliinger Bands but Tymen has taken it to a much higher level. The losers today could have been avoided had I been paying attention. Check out Tymen’s thread. 301 Moved Permanently

hi PTB,
Good to hear that things are working out well for you. I will look and see what Tymen has to offer. Do you still use Mad scalper technique in your analysis?

I still use Mad Scalper. I find that it is extremely useful to compare the two methods. When they both tell me the same thing it gives me a lot of confidence. But I can see where Tymen’s method may far exceed mad scalper. I found that Mad Scalper signals were no very frequent. By time the definite signal came that the scalp was valid it was often almost over. The MML are useful also. But Tymen’s method, which includes Bollinger Bands are so much more accurate. I am able to get in much earlier and very often. I look at the larger time frames and time my entries on the 5 & 15 but use the larger time frames for my targets.

Hey PTB,
Been reading up on Tymens thread> very interesting concept> demo trading it now. How is it working out for you?

Hey monkey trader,
Havent heard from you in a while. hope all is well and your locking in major pips.

Hey Jetoki

Yeah, things are going really well my side, sorry but this site seems to have viewers but no questions, hence I dont even bother anymore, lol

If I give my skpe name, I will be banned like Cooldude, so whats the point.

[QUOTE=jatoki;189738]Hey PTB,
Been reading up on Tymens thread> very interesting concept> demo trading it now. How is it working out for you?

Things working out very very well. Tymen has taken a few weeks off while he moves. One of his followers, Graviton, who is a 20+ yr professional trader has started his own thread which is very good. He uses tymen info also. We overloaded the chat room so we moved elsewhere. The link is posted on the threads. Graviton is there for a few hours every morning from about 8 am eastern time. Stop in.
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/33733-multi-time-frame-trend-trading.html

PTB – I know I am gravedigging a bit here with this thread, but I was wandering if you could elaborate a bit on what short-term entry methods you use in conjunction with the longer-term bollinger band techniques presented in this thread and tymen’s thread? Once you see a CBL on the longer time frame are you then looking at candlestick analysis, etc, on the shorter TFs?

Overall I too am very fascinated with how Cooldude and Tymen use the bollinger band’s in their trading, and I’m working on adjusting my trading plan to include bollinger band analysis on the longer timeframes alongside solid shorter term entries. I think this would be a very effective method. I’ve read through Graviton’s thread where it looks like he is essentially doing the same thing, although he places significantly more emphasis on longer term analysis (which I’m sure would make the method even better, and is definitely something I’d like to build up to).

When I am trading with long-term trends I have noticed that short-term entries are my biggest weakness so I am looking to improve in this area. I have not yet read Tymen’s work on candlestick analysis but I do plan on doing so, his work is top notch and I imagine it is filled with solid entry ideas.

Hi dr mongolia

Bollinger Bands are unrealiable if you use it on one time frame.

I am in contact with Cooldude, he uses it to find weakness from larger time frame directions.

Hope that helps!

Here is an example of finding larger TF direction then smaller TF weakness.

You can also use it on smaller time frames, take the 4H direction and trade off 15min.

MT, thanks for the response. The concept of finding weakness is basically to check the lower time frame to see if its “off course” in relation to the higher time frame and therefore due for a correction, right?

hey monkey trader, juat wanted to find out how things were working out for you with your system. Havent been to sucessful with it so trying to work it out again from the beginning. Let me know if you are still trading this system.

Where did everyone go on here?