Real test with real account of 3 robots - MD - MDP - WSFR

The account where I’m making the test also has a bunch of manual trades that I make daily and that have nothing to do with the test and, only for that reason, I don’t want to make the information about the account available publicly.
If you have specific questions about performance just ask and I’ll try to answer the best I can.
Anyhow I can tell you that today I’ve reduced the risk of USDJPY and AUDUSD to 1% in WallStreetForexRobot because they were the only two pairs where losses have been made.

Hello Mendonca!

Please be so kind and give us an update. Thanks :slight_smile:

regards, Alex

Busy week, approaching Xmas and also working in my own robot that trades Index Futures (Dow, Nasdaq, S&P and European indexes).
I called it Crazy Ivan and this week, after 3 hard working months, I´ve been brave enough to test it in the real world with real money and the results are not bad. I’ll share that with you later…

Concerning my test:

• [B]Megadroid [/B]is the cool guy. Everytime it makes a move it’s a nice winning move. I loved if it made that every single day…
    MegaDroid has a global [B]gain [/B]of 21.33% with 9 trades (9 winners - 0 loosers).

• [B]MillionDollarPips [/B]had a very, very calm and not profitable week… don’t ask me why.
    MDP has a global [B]gain [/B]of 2.19% with 23 trades (15 winners - 8 loosers)

• [B]MasterScalper [/B]as usual… scalps… The bigger problem I see with MS is that when it looses it covers 4 or 5 wins.
    MS has a global [B]gain [/B]of 6.96% with 102 trades (85 winners - 17 loosers)

• [B]WallStreetForex [/B]continues to be the less profitable of the 4 robots and I made some big changes.
    After 4 big losses with NZDUSD, AUDUSD, USDCHF and USD JPY I decided to stop trading with these pairs and use only the 3 pairs that regularly give profit: EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDCAD. Actually I even rised the risk of these 3 pairs to 7.5.
    WSF has a global [B]loss [/B]of -2.47% with 52 trades (41 winners - 11 loosers)

Globally the 4 bots have a combined gain of 29.34%.

Your information is - as always - very useful. Thanks a lot! This thread is the most interesting thread of all here…

Crazy Ivan? :wink: Sounds also very interesting. I’ll be glad if you share some informations, too. Keep up the good work.

Megadroid kicking a$$ haha …mendonca id be interested in seeing the Index Futures EA your making too

Additional comments for today.
Megadroid did nothing today.
MDP just one loss in one trade (I wonder why it has so huge profits in the demo charts. It might be making millions somewhere, but certainly not in my account…)
Scalper dis a nice work with a lot of profitable transactions (12+) during the day but almost blew away everything with two very bad orders at the end of the day.
WSF is what wonders me most. I’m running WSF in my real account and in a demo account (same version of the EA, same broker, same machine, same everything). In the real account I get modest profits and some losses with an overall negative overview but in the demo account it’s winning trade after winning trade with absolutely overwhelming results and is by far the best performer well above Megadroid. Can’t understand that…

Its because on the demo version its doesn’t have the lag it has in the real version the demo just see’s numbers and the second a order is sent it appears on the platform… but with live/real accounts there is a lag that happens because its real money and its being transferred from one place to a another . A good EA will be built around that fact and a bad EA wont. Simple as that my friend

Today MDP waked up and, in less than 15 minutes, made 12 trades for a 30.1 pips profit.
Glad to see you MDP. Welcome back!

hey,

what about the master scalper? :slight_smile:

best greetings
Alex

This thread is great, thanks Mendonca. Have you decided to try out Shocker? I’m interested to see how it performs in a real account because its tp is only 4 pips; i mean look how MDP does in demos compared to live accounts. Thanks for the updates and congrats on the success, keep us posted on your analysis of WSFR.

Regards,
Doshi

Have you seen any problems of running this many EA’s on one MT4?

Well, if this was a plan, the MegaDroid made it beautifully.
Yesterday it opened a position that simply BLEW AWAY all the profit obtained since the begin of the test.
It lost it’s profit and ALMOST ALL the profits obtained by the other robots.
All the other robots were very quiet yesterday due to high volatility.
MegaDroid is now with a loss of -5.23%, 11 trades - 10 wins - and one single loss but that loss was of -24,07% (-43.5 pips !!) !!!
This makes, by now and by far, MegaDroid the worst performer.
In the overall the 4 robots still have a gain of 12.52% but that was a hard move before Xmas.
Life goes on… It’s only money…
Kids are happy and the gifts are under the tree.
Other days will come where MegaDroid will be able to show it’s potential. I hope…

Hi Hamno,
No problems because most of them operate in different times of the day.
In theory one generates profit for the other to enter with bigger lots.
This is in theory because from time to time we have one surprise that makes your theory hit the floor.
In this test Scalper is the more active but that is no problem because every robot has a money management integrated that takes in consideration the available margin.

sad to read man.

Thanks Arbolive…
It’s super frustrating because it was a short and it hit the s/l at the max of the night with a difference of 0.00008.
If the s/l was just a little, little, little bit upper by now the order would be in a winning position by more than 20 pips.
Easy comes, easy goes…

mendonca great idea testing your portfolio.
Anyway here is my two cents for what its worth…

First off if md lost 24% in one trade you are probably over exposed. WSFR has been struggling in most pairs. I have decided to increase risk on eur/usd and gbp/usd and cut almost all other pairs. At one point I had wally trading 12 pairs.

MDP is not worth the headache to me. one day it works than it doesn’t back and forth

As for smartfx so far they are really stable for me.

I also suggest open two accounts and one would be your main account and one would be your test account. If some of these ea’s are working out for you great but don’t let an unproven ea take all your profit.

I think you will find diversification and money management will make your portfolio a success.

May 2012 be your year :smiley:

Hi Johnny,
I very much appreciate your 2 cents.
I tend to agree with you in everything. I already have 2 real accounts and precisely one of them is for this test (although not exclusively).
MDP is non conclusive about the trend. It gains and it looses but I don’t know where those advertised huge profits are.
I like very much SmarttFx. It fights a lot and it get some results.
WSF works fine on demo but in real…
I like very much MD but I became a bit disappointed with that last move. And, yes, I’m a bit overexposed in MD because I became too confident with the extremely good ans consistent results.
Great 2012 to you too.

First of all may you have a fantastic 2012 are my wishes for this community!
Before the 2012 trading starts by the end of the day I’m just posting how the test was going and the news since december, 23.

So:

• [B]Megadroid[/B] had a no trade week after loosing all its profit by December ,23. I still believe in this robot and I trust it just had a bad day but if it works hard for a month and gets very decent profits and then blows everything in the first headache… We’ll see…
    MegaDroid has a global [B]LOSS [/B]of 5.23% with 11 trades (10 winners - 1 loosers).

• [B]MillionDollarPips [/B]is a ghost robot. You can hardly see it go in and out. I think I’ve never seem MDP open orders because I only see them after they’re closed (that´s how fast it trades). This week between Xmas and New Year was not bad at all for MDP.
    MDP has a global [B]GAIN [/B]of 9.95% with 47 trades (29 winners - 18 loosers)

• [B]MasterScalper [/B]had some loss this week but… it was my fault. Typically MS does not trade in specific days of the year that they call No-Trade Days. This period between Xmas and New year is one of them but I decided to be clever and removed that protection and told it to trade. Bad move. It was a small loss but I’m never gonna repeat it.
    MS has a global [B]GAIN [/B]of 6.92% with 143 trades (116 winners - 27 loosers)

• [B]WallStreetForex [/B] used this last week to invert its position and is now into profit. After seeing nice gains in my demo account of the pair USDCHF I decided to re-enable it with a 5% risk (but still no trades with this pair in the real account).
    WSF has a global [B]GAIN [/B]of 1.52% with 70 trades (55 winners - 15 loosers)

[B]Globally the 4 bots have a combined gain of 13.1%.[/B]

In fact it’s a robot - [B]GoldRobot [/B]- and a trade copier - [B]RapidForexProfits[/B].

Since mid December I’m testing the [B]GoldRobot [/B]with mixed feelings. Although it gets some positive results it uses a technique that I do not like very much: it opens in a very non verbose and apparently random manner small orders in different directions until it goes into profit.
It’s interesting because sooner or later the global result of all open orders enter into profit ant it closes them all at the same time banking some cash.
I don’t like it because at some point you can have more than 10, 15 or 20 open orders of Gold (XAUUSD) consuming precious margin for other more profitable trades.

Tomorrow I’m starting to test a (for me) new concept that is based in trade copying which is [B]RapidForexProfit[/B].
The setup is not very, very easy to understand but I had very fast and good support from Robert Carlslake.
As soon as I get some results I’ll come back to you because I’m very curious about this one. Let’s see.

As usual I’m going into real accounts, not demo accounts.

Super noob question but sometimes you just have to ask the obvious…how are you tracking the performance of each ea individually?

Is it a function of mt4 or myfxbook?

Coming from some experience of manual trading and running a single ea but now that ive expanded to a portfolio im a little noobish here…