Real test with real account of 3 robots - MD - MDP - WSFR

Hi Hamno,
Super easy!
myfxbook can separate orders generated from the different EAs simply by their Magic Number.
You only have to be sure that different EAs use different Magic Numbers.
You just evaluate using Custom Analysis at any given time the orders with a certain Magic Number and… voilá!

Hi All,

Interested to read your comments mendonca, as I’m designing my own EA. Have been working on this for about three years.

One thing I have discovered is that the most important thing is to have constant risk. It appears that some EAs increase the risk under quiet conditions, to try to smooth out the results from week to week. Ultimately a recipe for disaster.

Constant risk will mean you get bursts of activity interspersed with quiet periods - if this happens, then you are most likely to be successful long-term (IMHO !)

My new EA will be for trades up to 24 hrs duration.

Hi Doshi,
ForexShocker 3.0 is in my list but not a priority.
I’ve been reading a few things about this EA and analyzing their test accounts and I’m not decided mainly because it’s too expensive ($299 for a single real account).

Yes, I see what you mean. Thanks for the reply and the updates.
Best of luck to you in 2012!!!

I couldn’t believe my eyes!!
Out of the blue Megadroid, this night, open a short position in my demo account and looses 51 pips !! It’s more than 21% of the account!!
I don´t have any clue why but for any super lucky reason the position was opened only in the demo account and not in the real account!
I need to decide till the end of the day if I keep Megadroid running, because my level of confidence in this robot is now very low (to say the least…).

What risk level are you running megadroid at? You could reduce it as low as possible until you get more confident with it…

Thanks for the tip Hamno. I’ve already done that.
Before december, 23 I was running very high at 0.7 because the past results we’re very good.
I reduced to 0.4 afterwards and now I’ve reduced to 0.2.
But the more strange was that every indicator was pointing to a rise of EURUSD (what effectively happened during the night) but Megadroid went short (no problem because they could know something I didn’t) and the entry happened only in the demo account where I keep the risk at 0.7.
I’m glad the real account was left alone this time…

Looking at another forum it appears that particular account hit happened to quite a few people(and my demo account is one of them, thank god I’m didnt plan on going live until next week).

Holy lesson learned about turning off all EAs over the holidays though. If only i’d been smart enough to disable my zulutrade account as well :wink:

Thinking I may roll my live account start another week to the right and start 16 Jan…

-Hamno

I was planning to add [B]RapidForexProfits [/B]and I still like very much their results but for any reason, and besides the support they gave, I never got the Copier working.
This system copies the trades made in another platform (the original trader platform also known as master) to our platform and for that reason we must have two EAs running at the same time that are supposed to communicate. That communication was not successful in my case and the orders were not copied.
I don’t know why and I believe neither they know or they would have presented a solution, above all because this system costs $99 per month.

I just bought [B]ForexShocker 3.0[/B] and I’m planning to add it to the real test as soon as I receive the validation codes (hopefully today). I’ll let you know how things are going. Hope it delivers as expected because it was a $299 investment.

That’s oficial.
Since yesterday [B]ForexShocker 3.0[/B] is inside the test generating (almost) absolute entropy.
During the weekend I’ll let you know how the week went by.
First impressions about ForexShocker 3.0 is that they delivered the codes a few hours after purchase and not immediately after paying (that was perfectly stated in the order form and I was aware).
The setup is very easy (one EX4 and one DLL) and it works in 4 pairs to which we can define the level of risk.
Since I like to make things go fast i ajusted EURUSD and USDCHF to Very Aggressive (yes!!!) and USDCAD and GBPUSD (only) to Aggressive.
This bot only trades Monday to Thursday and only between 23:00 and 24:00 (CET).
I was hopping to see some good action in the first day but just one order was placed that got a small profit.
Curiously in my test account an absolutely different order was placed with a very nice profit AND… (drums…) in their public test account it generated 3 orders with very, very good profits on each one(!!). The kind of profits I would loved to see in my account, since (I believe) we are using the same bot.
Is this a moody bot? The next few days will help us clarify that…

most robots will do that open up great trades but only in test account but wont do that in the real accounts

The ones that do arent for sale thats the problem …Sadly the ones that work are hard to find cus if there are EAs that work not a lot of the customers are gonna talk about it on forums and the ones that dont work are the ones that are talked about the most cus people report ever trade that goes wrong and in turn everyone hears about the EA… you just gotta do some hard searching for them.

Here’s how i see em …When an EA works the guys who create the EA dont need to go out of there way to bring in customers there customers do that for them and the best way to get to that EA is find there customer and from them get the low down

I’m now working with 5 robots and things went this way during last week:

• [B]MegaDroid [/B]stood still and did nothing during last week. Maybe afraid of the huge mess caused last december, 23, and I can hardly forget. Maybe it’s better this way…
    [B]MegaDroid has a global LOSS of 5.23%[/B] with 11 trades (10 winners - 1 losers).
    MegaDroid was in LOSS of 5.23% last week with 11 trades (10 winners - 1 losers).

• [B]MillionDollarPips [/B]is showing a bit it’s wings?
    [B]MDP has a global GAIN of 11.58%[/B] with 58 trades ( 35 winners - 23 losers).
    MDP was in GAIN of 9.95% last week with 47 trades (29 winners - 18 losers).

• [B]MasterScalper [/B]was in NoTrade week and went back to business only on Friday and for that reason just 4 orders appeared.
    [B]MS has a global GAIN of 7.87%[/B] with 147 trades (119 winners - 28 losers).
    MS was in GAIN of 6.92% last week with 143 trades (116 winners - 27 losers).

• [B]WallStreetForex [/B] had a nice jump this week.
    [B]WSF has a global GAIN of 5.54%[/B] with 87 trades (68 winners - 19 losers).
    WSF was in GAIN of 1.52% last week with 70 trades (55 winners - 15 losers).

• [B]Forex Shocker 3.0[/B] started it’s work last Friday.
    [B]FS3 has a global GAIN of 0.22%[/B] with 1 trades (1 winners - 0 losers).

[B]Globally the 5 bots have a combined gain of 20.65%.[/B]
Globally the 4 bots had a combined gain of 13.1% last week.

Note: If MegaDroid didn’t went nuts in december the global gain would be a bit above 50%.
Anyhow it’s not a bad result to get more than 20% gain in a bit more than a month and with the Xmas and new year in the middle…

Very nice, I appreciate your updates as a bit of a confidence boost prior to my EA driven account going live on monday.

One thing i’ve been looking at is trying to diversify the currency pairs being traded as well as the number of EAs on the account. With Breakout Hunter, SteadyWinner V5, and Megadroid all working EURUSD i’m researching a few EAs that could add a few others.

Just some food for thought:)

interesting set of robots…

did you plan to add IrisFX?
its an intersting one.

I’m following some test accounts from the web site “Best Forex Robot .net”:
really interesting long term tracking setup.

did you have an myfxbook link for your account? (If you want to share the trades generated, not the amounts)
and its easier for us to see the trends.

part of your robots to test MDP USDJPY
also there is an MDP like robot called Forex Thor.

good luck in your tests and keep us informed.

Hello, Mendonca;
You are the bigger in this forum, thanks to you all of us are seeing how these bots work and we are learning.
Thank you for your dedication.

Hi willgart,
Yes, IrisFx is in my wish list but although I like to see some “confusion” inside the test, too many robots may make the whole thing unmanageable and if the robots interact too much in the same time periods some orders can become less profitable.
I sure have an FxBook account but in that same account I make other manual orders that have nothing to do with this test. That’s the only reason why I prefer to write every result and comment it if I think it’s needed. Write down those comments also makes me think loud in their performance and, this way, better understand their behavior and tweak them for (I hope) better results.

Hi Joaoves,
Thanks but I’m just a learner too.
I only had the courage to buy the robots and jump directly into the real thing without losing time because I soon understood that most of the back tests and live tests have nothing to do with the reality. And I know that because I’m also an EA developer and my back tests and live tests have, also, nothing to do with the very same thing working in real time. The only difference is that, by now, I have a few clues of why that happens and I’m trying to incorporate them in my software. But that is a whole different chapter.

I understand this :slight_smile:
I’m in the same scenario.

the only problem with 1 account, ou’ll not have a clear view of the reality of 1 robot alone. like MDP, the bigger results it can provide are reduced by the lower performance of other robots.

Hi,

May I know what currency pairs magadorid trades, can i use this to trade in commodities like gold and silver?

Thanks

Megadroid only trades eurusd, there is a pro version out there that trades a couple of other pairs but its only available through the occasional megadroid affiliate program.