Real test with real account of 3 robots - MD - MDP - WSFR

Mend, as I look at your list I’m guessing you have over 10-12 actual boys running(with master scalper actually being a collection of ea, ect)…do you still have them all running on a single instance of mt4? Any conflicts you have seen so far?

I have 2 instances of MT4 running over the same account.
One is holding 18 EAs (1 for MegaDroid, 1 for MillionDollarPips, 7 for WallStreetForex, 5 for MasterScalper and 4 for ForexShocker) and the other I’ve just created and for now only has 3 EAs (3 for Iris Fx).
That second instance is also hosting my personal EA which I call Crazy Ivan and works with 6 symbols.
Until now they’ve been working together without MT4 complaints but I have plenty of memory (6 GB) and 2 processors at 2,6 GHz each in my VSA.

Hmmm okay that does help a little to explain how one loss can erase the prior 12 gains thanks. Likely? the gains near the beginning were smaller and as Risk increased the chance of the a bigger loss was increasing.

Wow that is very interesting and somewhat surprising running all that and no real glitches, nice work!

MasterScalper, Forex Shocker 3 and Wall Street Forex are taking good care of my account assuring that it will go to zero as fast as possible.
They enter orders frequently but those last few days they do nothing but lose.
That last night was precisely that with MS and WSF losing more than 8% (actually WSF is losing more than 12% but it has an open order since Monday with a huge loss that hadn’t reached it’s s/l yet) and FS3 is losing more than 5%.
I know this is a long term run but at some point some winning moves have to be done, right? And I only see losing orders after losing orders. That’s the reality hitting my wallet. And it’s not a demo wallet…
I can change my mind but for now I’m terribly disappointed with these 3 robot above.
And things aren’t worst just because Megadroid, MiliionDollarPips and IrisFx are collecting nice profits. My biggest surprise is IrisFx that made in just 3 days a 5% profit (knock on wood).
I’ve made a note to self: when a bot reaches 20% loss I’ll shut it down until a new proven version arrives.
And there sure are a few of them getting there fast and furiously.

Mend,

do the programmers of these bots tell you when the best conditions are to trade? many pro managers will use features that are risk on, risk off - ie they look at the environment around them to determine suitable conditions for their strategies. Also, are you able to compare your results with other people using these bots? Do they correlate?

Hi Mammoth,
No info from the authors except some kind of remote control that keeps the bot out of business if they think that the conditions are adverse.
You can find that in Megadroid (remote control) and MasterScalper (news connected).
About the others I don’t think they look into outside world. They look into strategies and fundamentals and take their decisions based on sets of indicators (wishful thinking…).
About correlation I only care about my results in my real accounts and demo accounts and there has a HUGE difference between both of them even when using the same broker and the same machine availability.
We can find so different results for the same EA in different brokers and in different types of accounts that you can only use that as a clue to establish your own plan.
Even my test is nothing more than that. When you go to market with a different broker and in a different part of the planet your results are sure gonna be different.
That´s why it’s useless to publish individual results. In my opinion, it’s by far more interesting to know the overall result and what I did to get there.

I wonder what is going on with that?

I know using the same EA with a different broker will give you different results (though I find it strange that just the feed is giving such different results) but I don’t understand why if on the same exact broker a demo account should vary from a real account? Any ideas? (I’ve seen this noted by several other people too, and it troubles me…)

I believe the answer is quite simple.
Normally in a demo account you work with a fixed spread, no mater the time of the day and the market conditions and, frequently, the demo accounts work with only 4 digits instead of 5 in most of the real accounts with variable spread.
But, most important of all, when you place an order in a demo account at a certain price it is pure and simply executed without delays and at the wanted price. Period. Fast and simple.
When you place an order in a real account it’s a whole different thing. You place the order with the broker, which needs to approve it, analyse the availability of your request, make it available to the market and execute it. That takes a few hundreds of milliseconds and, in the interim, market conditions might already be different and you might not enter when and at the price you want. And that makes ALL the difference. Specially if you work with a scalper.
That’s why I simply don’t trust any demo account. Simply because it removes from the equation the most important thing: the rough conditions of the market competing with hundreds of thousands of orders from all over the world.
You can compare that to go to a restaurant and ask for a steak.
In a demo restaurant the steak is in the table instantly after you order it.
In a real restaurant things are a bit different… as you certainly know.

Hmmm food for thought! lol

Thanks for your thoughts. Seems surprising that milliseconds, can add up to such big differences that people are reporting but I guess coupled with the varying spreads that would do it.

true my friend, those damn steaks take ages some times :wink:

In a demo account you are the only client in the market.
In a real account you compete with thousands and thousands of other costumers and prices that instantly adapt to the demand. When you say BUY! The time that your “voice” takes to reach the market is more than enough to have the price changed.
Trust me. 10 or 100 milliseconds delay make a HUUUGE difference specially if you are in a market with high volatility.
In a demo account you have 0 milliseconds response time… because whatever you ask you get and because, in fact, you are getting nothing.

lol !!!

really great work man , thanks for the valuable information and sry for ur loses i hope this combination of robots fight well in this rough Forex war

I started this test by December, 1, 2011 and after more than 45 days I have to make some decisions to stop playing and start some serious money making mechanism.

For that reason in this post I’m going to make a more detailed comment on each robot and tell you what I’m effectively going to do starting today.
In fact while writing this post I’ll be making decisions because it makes me think specifically and calmly about each pair of each bot.
Get ready for some hardcore moments.

This is how the 6 robots are doing and what I plan to do with each one of them:

• [B]MegaDroid [/B] had a busy week and is a steady winner. It has days that it places 2 or 3 orders and others that it simply stops. Now I understand why. Better be quiet than be a loser. Megadroid is now again into profit and I increased it’s risk (again) to 0.7 (it’s 70% in Droid language). It’s way too risky? Yes, it is, but I’m gonna do it.
    MegaDroid deals only on EURUSD and won 87.6 pips.
    [B]MegaDroid has a global GAIN of 2.50%[/B] with 19 trades (18 winners - 1 losers).
    MegaDroid was in LOSS of 4.33% last week with 13 trades (12 winners - 1 losers).

• [B]MillionDollarPips [/B] it the quickest bot on earth. In and out of the market at the speed of light. It looses a lot of times but it gains a lot, a lot of times. MDP never went red and it raises it’s profit almost every week. I’m going to rise it’s risk from 3% to 6%. Then again you’re all gonna say it’s to risky. Yes, it is, but I’m gonna do it.
    MDP deals only on EURUSD and won 124.2 pips.
    [B]MDP has a global GAIN of 11.48%[/B] with 83 trades (46 winners - 37 losers).
    MDP was in GAIN of 10.34% last week with 69 trades (37 winners - 32 losers).

• [B]MasterScalper [/B] has a lot of fans in this forum but my results are what they are and they were felt directly in my pocket … I’m playing MS with all the default values except in the risk where EURCHF and EURGBP are at 10% and the rest of the pairs at 5%. I gave permission to MS to do everything he wanted to. And I mean everything. MS trades like crazy but (sorry guys…) with no return whatsoever.
    What I got from MS is this:
    MS deals with 5 pairs and lost 241.9 pips.
    EURCHF +44.5 pips
    EURGBP -50.6 pips
    EURCAD -155.9 pips
    EURAUD -106.7 pips
    USDJPY +26.8 pips
    I trust that lots of people are making money with MS but I’m not. And I read carefully the MS thread here at BabyPips. Specially in this last two weeks it’s painful (to my wallet) to see how MS loses money day after day. A lot of people is going to say that this is a long term battle and better days will come. Maybe, but MS already killed a lot of my soldiers and I’m not strong enough to continue losing them at this rate.
    I’m stopping completely 4 pairs of MS and I’m only going to keep running EURCHF at a 5% risk.
    If a new improved version arrives I’ll surely try it.
    [B]MS has a global LOSS of 14.52%[/B] with 220 trades (155 winners - 65 losers).
    MS was in LOSS of 2.14% last week with 185 trades (139 winners - 46 losers).

• [B]WallStreetForex [/B] has a very similar story from it’s buddy above but with a great difference: almost every time it loses is with large values and the profits are very modest when comparing. This way it’s easily explainable the huge drop this week. Don’t know what to say… See for yourself:
    WSF deals with 7 pairs and lost 243.7 pips.
    GBPUSD +48.3 pips
    NZDUSD -105.6 pips (already stopped last week)
    USDJPY -29 pips (already stopped last week)
    AUDUSD -32 pips (already stopped last week)
    USDCAD +90.2 pips
    EURUSD -26.7 pips
    USDCHF -188.9 pips (already stopped last week)
    I’m stopping completely 6 pairs of WSF and I’m only going to keep running GBPUSD at a 7.5% risk.
    If a new improved version arrives I’ll try it…
    [B]WSF has a global LOSS of 21.05%[/B] with 110 trades (80 winners - 30 losers). [B]TRIPLE Ouch!!![/B]
    WSF was in LOSS of 8.98% last week with 99 trades (73 winners - 26 losers).

• [B]Forex Shocker 3.0[/B] left me very disappointed. I know it has a bit more than 2 weeks working but it’s not clear that things are going to get better if I keep them running as they are. FS3 also has a policy of large loses and small profits.
    FS3 deals with 4 pairs and lost 81.6 pips.
    GBPUSD +46.7 pips
    USDCAD +16.5 pips
    EURUSD -24.4 pips
    USDCHF -120.4 pips
    As a very curious note the two pairs that show some profit are the “non recommended” pairs!!! Can you understand that?
    I’m stopping completely 2 pairs and I’m gonna keep running GBPUSD and USDCAD for obvious reasons.
    [B]FS3 has a global LOSS of 4.56%[/B] with 36 trades (28 winners - 8 losers).
    FS3 was in LOSS of 0.80% last week with 19 trades (16 winners - 3 losers).

• [B]Iris Fx[/B] is working for a bit more than a week and is negative for reasons that I’m now familiar about: a lot of small profits and just a few big losses (big enough to wipe out all the profit and loose more money).
    I’m not sure if I’m gonna keep Iris working for much more time.
    Iris works only with EURUSD with 3 strategies in 2 timeframes and has a gain of 38.3 pips but with loss because of the swaps charged over overnight large open orders.
    [B]Iris has a global LOSS of 4.79%[/B] with 24 trades (21 winners - 3 losers).
    IRIS was in GAIN of 1.00%[/B] with 5 trades (4 winners - 1 losers).

[B]Globally the 6 bots have a combined LOSS of 29.93%.[/B]
Globally the 6 bots had a combined LOSS of 5.8% last week.

I hope that by removing those losing pairs things get better.
In a quick simulation I verified that if only MegaDroid and MDP were working during the all period of the test and with the risk level that I’m now going to setup I would have almost 30% gain instead of 30% loss… But that is the coulda, woulda, shoulda stuff…
I clearly understand now that it’s preferable to have just a few bots working well and making cash in a calm and steady way with less moves but more profitable.
My broker is happy because I place a lot of orders but my wallet is being emptied by the minute.
I’ll tell you next week how things went by, hopefully with better news…

excellent :slight_smile:
do you use irisfx against other pairs?
I’m doing this, and the results are good.
only strategy 1 and 3 against audusd, usdcad, usdchf,gbpusd

what’s your performance with MDP? (execution time and sim. orders)

Thank you for this assessment, good of you to share and it’s no surprise to me the Bots that are likely stars

Thank you, for your work for this forum. A lot of us are now with more knowledge and don´t buy these bots that emptied your vallet. I appreciate your experience muy ventageous for ourselves.

Actually I thought that Iris only worked with EURUSD. Gonna try the pairs you refer.
Can you be more specific of what you mean by good results and in which pairs?

The target of my test has two faces:
1 - Make more investors publish their real results to globally have a better idea of what are the best bots in real mode and real money (forget the demo modes and forward tests). This is a HUGE market and there’s space for everyone.
2 - Incentive the authors of the bots to make a better job and search for profitable trades and opportunities that we already paid for when we bought the bots. Good comments and good profits make good sales…