Replacement of Theresa May (UK current PM)

I don’t doubt that the British Parliamentary system needs reforming - and I have some hopes it will happen - but HERE is what is driving this contest and even WHY there IS a contest ! :wink:

No "Affirmative Action " in the election of This woman !

Theresa May has resigned as PM and is an acting PM until there is a replacement for her. Boris Johnson is considered the top nominee to replace her. The main issue that is the topic of every person’s debate is Brexit.

Well it turned out to be no real surprise - Boris took it with double the votes of his opposition.

So now it gets interesting - let’s see if he has the stones to deliver !

Aha - the scene is set - my post was almost 12 months ago - now we’ll have to wait a few more years

Keir Starmer elected Labour leader at the weekend :slight_smile:

Edit: I wish Boris Johnson a speedy recovery - hopefully back to his desk soonest.

Yeah - I thought of your post when he popped up - but coudn’t think what thread it was on.

The only major party Never to have had a female leader - so much for “Human rights” - but hey - did you see teh quality of those presented ?

Aye, I see former leader Ed Miliband is back - often wondered what became of him - I liked his brother David, figured he would have made a good leader but the younger brother got the unions behind him.

I suppose that’s politics.