Retirement of forex trader

Can a forex trader ever retire or stop trading apart from losing money. God bless.

I will retire when the interest from my trading profit placed on deposit exceeds what I would like to live on. Still trading…

1 Like

Seeing as there is no age limit on trading then one is free to “close shop” whenever one loses interest and moves on to other things.

However, there have been a number of people who have come here to BP because they are already of retirement age and are looking to supplement their pensions - and even some that are facing retirement with an inadequate or non-existent pension.

If one has not, or has not been able to, arrange adequate continuance finance then retiring from any earning source at any age is a challenge!

Why do you ask?

Of course one can. Close the platform and delete it from your computer and mobile devices. Find another occupation, problem solved. :smiley:
Or at least it should be.

Losing from trading is a common attitude and there is no way to avoid in spite of passing a long time. so keep patience about losing money when trading.

This is an interesting question. :smiley: Haha. :thinking: Hmm. I guess it differs from person to person. :slight_smile: The question for me is, if you’re already consistently profitable, and you are in control of your time, why would I wanna retire from it? :blush: But again, that’s just me. :slight_smile: Haha.

1 Like

its a nice reply with fun:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It can happen but I haven’t seen anyone retiring from forex trading. People do fail and lose money but that’s very common with any type of trading. We should learn to take it all positively and keep doing our best. We can then surely achieve success at last.

1 Like

Personally I can’t retire from making money from home. What for?

1 Like

This all depends on what you require for your retirement.

its a nice way to close trading for forever. sounds funny but practical.

1 Like

The best way to avoid trading if you don’t want to trade is to avoid the temptation altogether. :smiley:

I used to think that touching the RRSP is generally not worth it until the savings plan turns into an RRIF. And after that, you need to spend money at a minimum. The problem is that after a person dies, the amount of his RRSP or RRIF is taken into account in the last tax return. This means that the family of the deceased will have to pay a huge amount if he saved too much money. And this is absurd, to be honest. In the case of the TFSA, the relatives of the deceased will have to pay taxes on income received after death (for example, as a result of investments). It pisses me off that my children should after my death. I went to a mcdanielcorp com that is engaged in pension planning, but I have never encountered such a greedy state as in this country.

If you are accumulating wealth that could be subject to taxation, you have an alternative to passing that money on to your surviving family. And that is to pass on the knowledge and techniques involved in how you accumulated that wealth. Passing on knowledge cannot be taxed by the government. If you have made much money through trading, it must be possible to pass on to your family how they could do likewise and generate their own wealth / income. This could even be started before the inevitable date… let them learn and understand and get started, and appreciate the gift that you are giving them .The sooner the better.

1 Like

I think that even a forex trader will someday have to retire, since this work, although it can be carried out even remotely, requires utmost care, as well as the energy to work for hours.

It’s possible especially at old age when your eyes become weak and you literally avoid the rays from the monitor.

I don’t aim to retire from trading, but that’s because it isn’t work. Almost all my trading is long-term stuff off D1 charts with holding periods of 2-5 days. Its so little work its not worth retiring from.

Of course, if someone is making thousands of ÂŁ per week day-trading, they will soon be free of the need to trade. And probably glad of it.

1 Like

Yes, I believe that it’s possible, although that might look different for everyone based on whether they also qualify for social security, have any other money saved up, or are only retiring based off earnings from trading. Personally, I plan to trade indefinitely as long as I’m mentally able to. I want to accumulate as much as possible to pass on to my children and grandchildren.

1 Like

It’s obvious that no trader would want to keep trading all their life. They will retire when they think they have made enough through forex trading.

I consider retiring when am weak and old and probably being affected by the rays from the monitor, else why would one want to retire now.

1 Like