Robots, Expert Advisors, FAP Turbo, more?

Hello,

I’m realtively new to the game (though becoming more familiar with how it works) and recently decided to purchase FAP Turbo.

There is a lot of information in this thread and I have read it all, but in an effort to see where everyone stands on a few specific matters, could a few people answer the following questions according to their opinions?

Hopefully setting it out like this will make it a bit clearer where everyone stands.

1. Would you use FAP turbo in the first place?

2. In what way would you (or have you) change the settings from default?

a) Risk Reductor
b) Friday Trading - on or off?
c) Monthly Close - on or off?
d) Too Goo to be True - on or off?
e) scalping, long term or both?
f) others

1. Which currency pairs would you use?

2. If you have been using FAP Turbo, what is your monthly profit? (please state demo or live)

3. Which broker would you / do you use?

Feel free to add questions to the above, but please do not change the setup, as it would be nice to keep it standardised.

PS. I bought FAP Turbo over 24hrs ago and emailes immediately to ask for my password. Still no response, so I haven’t actually seen the software yet :frowning:
My plan is to go straight into a live account (differences between live and demo seem to be so much I don’t know what running demo would achieve) with a balance of $400 and lower risk (maybe risk reductor at 5 or so)

Pacmed,
Will you let me know when you are able to download the program, I’ll do the same.
To everyone who has tryed to help me with the password problem, Thanks so much:), I think because of all your help, I’m finally getting close to getting my password. Will keep everyone posted on what happens. Thanks again

Well I finally got a reply to my email, which asked me for my clickbank reference…

so sent that and guess it’s another 24hrs+ wait for a solution

Has everyone seen this? Not sure if Fap Turbo is compatible.

Changes to pricing policy: UPDATE 17th October

Expert Advisors (EA�s)

Some if not all EA�s will be affected by the introduction of a 5th decimal point. To make sure that your EA is brought into line with this change you must adjust your take profit / stop loss settings as well as any other pip value related parameters by multiplying your current levels by 10. For example, if you are currently using a stop loss level of 40 pips and a take profit level of 80 pips on each trade, in order to bring your EA in-line with the new pricing format, you must change your take profit level to 800 and your stop loss level to 400 respectively.

Also, please be aware that some EA�s may need more fundamental changes to their code for them to be compatible with the new pricing format. To make sure your EA works as you expect we advise that you contact your EA provider to implement the necessary changes as well as testing the new version on a demo account.

Latest Response (after sending the information requested):

“Thank you for purchase. We’ll create your account manually as soon as
possible and send you access.”

… wonder when that will be

Which leverage do you guys think is best to use for a $1000-$2000 live account using fapturbo…1:100? or 1:200?

Fiinally go the FAP TURBO EA, only took customer service 5 days to fix my problem.
For some reasdon when I try to run a back test it doesnt work, any answers?
Running it on a 15M

for the 15M, you are using scalping startagy right!
Chek the journal it shouls give you an error msg.
it might be that you did not enter the key to the ST settings
or
you might need to download history, go to tools/ history center and download the desierd paur history

I did both of those, I dont get any error messages, it doesnt make any trades. Not sure what the problem is?

Here is my journal what my journal says when I try and backtest.

2008.12.07 15:53:08 FapTurbo20 inputs: Scalper_Lots=0.1; Scalper_LotsRiskReductor=5; Scalper_MaxLots=10; Scalper_GMTOffset=1; Scalper_RelaxHours=0; Scalper_OneTrade=0; Scalper_PeriodFilterMA=100; Scalper_PriceFilterMA=0; Scalper_MethodFilterMA=0; FapTurbo_Lots=0.01; FapTurbo_LotsRiskReductor=1; FapTurbo_MaxOrders=2; FapTurbo_MaxLots=10; FapTurbo_StopTime=9; FapTurbo_aaa=35; FapTurbo_bbb=48; FapTurbo_TakeProfit=140; FapTurbo_StopLoss=500; FapTurbo_TrailingStop=0; FapTurbo_DurationInHours=0; FapTurbo_CloseAfterXmonths=1; FapTur
and

2008.12.07 15:53:07 FapTurbo20 EURGBP,M15: loaded successfully

This should be correct, I dont understand why the backtest doesnt work? It doesnt enter any trades.

what time period are you trying to back test it on?
if its too hsort it might not work!
try to restart the platform!

have the same backtest problems… all seems fine but it does not trade…

password has arrived. getting started with it all tomorrow.

tat’s great pacmed

to all the others still waiting : guess give it 1 or 2 days more than u would wait ok. just have to be a bit more patient… :wink:

How do I change the lot size the scalper trades in, right now when I back test it, it only makes trades with the lot size 0.01, that to small for me> Please let me know how I increase it?Also is there a way to change the S/L?Thanks

Guess those guys are a bit busy since everyone wants what they’re selling.

Have you checked the spreads at your broker? If they are more than about 4 pips the trades can be filtered out - I hardly get any gbpchf trades with Alpari because the spreads are so large.

The other factor is time of day - the scalper strat will only work between about 9pm and 3am GMT, so don’t fire it up at midday and expect it to start trading. I think its targetting ccy pairs at the time of their lowest volatility and screening out trends and price jumps, so what you’re left with is gentle range-trading, which it then scalps.

Real risk (as opposed to what they publish to the broker) is ten times the take profit, so you risk eg 50 to win 5 pips. Fortunately the stoploss seems to get hit less than 1 in 20 times (I’ve never taken the full loss in 45 trades)

For your backtests try setting MM=false and put in a fixed lotsize of 1. If that works, set MM back to true and put a risk reductor of a huge value like 50 (ie 50% of free margin committed to every new trade) and see where that gets you

this is true. ODL is your best bet for this software. or fxpro. then you can trade 3-4 pairs. the scalper working the way it does is the reason this software won’t fail where others do. trading on low volatility. everybody design their EA’s backwards trying to catch big moves that will wipe you out going the wrong way. now if they build a scalper for the EUR/USD and GBP/USD…

Could somebody send me a pdf which provide all of the installation steps? I have FAP Turbo without any documentation :frowning: I need a manual which you received with your copy of EA.

<[email protected]>

Thanks!

Hi All
Ok I’m new to this but I am stumped.
trying to run a strategy test on FAP Turbo
Just trying to get varied lot sizes

a/ Set input to:
Scalper_lots ; 0
Use MM ; true
Scalper_lotsRisk Reductor; 5.0

Then
b/ Set input to:
Scalper_lots ; 0
Use MM ; true
Scalper_lotsRisk Reductor; 0.0

Then
c/ Set input to:
Scalper_lots ; 0
Use MM ; false
Scalper_lotsRisk Reductor; 0.0

d/ Set input to:
Scalper_lots ; 0
Use MM ; true
Scalper_lotsRisk Reductor; 50.0

e/ Set input to:
Scalper_lots ; 1
Use MM ; true
Scalper_lotsRisk Reductor; 0

f/ Set input to:
Scalper_lots ; 0.1
Use MM ; false

g/ Set input to:
Scalper_lots ; 1
Use MM ; false

a/ , b/ , d/ ,e/, f/ and g/ gave the same results???all used 0.1 lot size
c/ had no results (expected)

Is there a setting that I am missing? the ST settings are exactly the same as the EA
apart from the above changes.
I have read the FT user guide right through and it seems I’m doing it right.!!!

Any Help

Dave :confused:

One on the way

Dave