Robots, Expert Advisors, FAP Turbo, more?

Phil,

Check your fapturbo setting for a “CloseAfterXmonths” setting…it is by default on 1…so your long term trades would have closed at the end of the month…which is prolly why you had so many losses on December 1st when the market opened…either increase that setting to a number alot greater than 1 or put it on 0 to lock it off.

I only started my demo yesterday.But you trades on the 9th dec are different to mine.
Your setting or mine I’m not sure.???

Dave

Hi everybody

Something wonders me about the acceptable Spreads .

About Spread , I understand it should be no more than 4 pips .

Among the currencies FAPTurbo is able to trade , there is GBP/CHF wich has usually a vrey much higher Spread by all the brokers .

What wonders me is that the � Live real money account with start up size = 370 $ � , displayed on FAPTurbo website , is traded at IBFX ; this broker has a Spread of 12 pips on GBP/CHF : many trades are opened on this currency in this account ; how is it possible ?

In the FAPTurbo settings is it possible to change the acceptable Sread ?

Cheers

I’m Officially confused , if i download the update i cant use it on more that one account?

hi all have been running this on the demo a/c from ibfx for a week now scalp: EUR/GBP, EUR/CHF and longterm EUR/USD. Started the demo with 3000 with a leverage of 1:200. Currently the demo is at $3451 with a profit of $451. But with all the hoopla on the new activation policy getting concerned on moving to live trade. Have sent a mail to Fapturbo on clarification on what needs to be done if I need to setup a live account now. Hope someone will get back in few days. For a part-time trading $300-400/week is not bad I suppose. Let us see what happens in the next couple of weeks!!!

Attached the screen shot of the a/c. :slight_smile:

I’m Officially confused , if i download the update i cant use it on more that one account?

im still running the old version version 16 i think. Ill have to look into the version 20 situation coz honestly it sucks if I have to buy more than one license. I dnt think ill ask for a refund though coz it is in positive profit. even the usdcad i was worried coz it went -35 but now it is only -6 and dropping :slight_smile:

long term trading is’t going well with me, it allrady wiped a few accounts. tha latest one made 19000 this week but there is a floating -15000; started with 10,000. scalping working good, i have one EURGBP thats +90 pips still floating!!!( on a demo) no scalping on my live account since the 3rd.
are you using Market makers or ECN brokers, im demoing on both but yet to find the best settings for the long term trades.

can you save the setting that you have for this account zip and upload it here? or can you post the settings here.
thanks a lot

Hi,

I have purchased the FabTurbo.
I have had no problem with loading my demo platform,
the EA is working well.

But my problem is with my live account.

I have used the same way of initiating and setting up
the live platform, but the EA didn’t take any trades.

So I have decided to re-load the FapTurbo.
This time the FapTurbo is shown as a version 20.
(My demo is version 16)

When the alert box in the EA sent my Expert ID,
I have inserted the # on step 4 page, and I have filled out my Live account #.

My problem starts with clicking on the “Activate my live account” button.
Nothing happens.
It doesn’t provide the page where I insert the ID # to get the activation key.

Anybody else had this issue?

Cheers

Pluto2

I have been back testing the scalper, and I have found that when you back test it for a year it does horrible. I’m testing the Eur/Gbp lot size of 1.0, from 12/3/2007 to 12/3/2008, on a 25,000 dollar account. At the end of one year my balance is 3,564, BAD RESULTS. What do you guys think? Is it me or the program? Can someone else try this backtest and tell me if you confirm same results? Thanks.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I bought FAP Turbo and have been running it with live money for about a week now. I was reading here about the update so I updated to FAP20 without any problems. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do so I just dragged the new advisor over my 3 charts and checked the settings on each one. I did notice that the default setting of FAPMAXOrders changed from 5 in FAP16 to 2 in FAP20. Not sure what is best to run with.
My current settings as of this evening are:
I’m running EURGBP and EURCHF on scalp strategy, MM True, LotRisk 5 on GPB and 2.5 on CHF
I’m also running EURUSD M1 on long term, MM (FAPTurbo Lots 0), Maxorders 2 (kept default) ,Lotsrisk 1
I’m up $460 on a $3000 acct in about 1 week of trading. FSXX also gave $100 as a new acct bonus and $90 for “holiday bonus” when I deposited funds so technically I’m up $650. I have been experimenting a little but very carefully as this is real money. Oh and I did manually close a few trades in positive territory.

I have had to move the metatrader app to 3 different computers as one of them crapped out, the other was my regular computer while i got the app running on my WHS (windows home server) which will be its new home now.

But one question I have does it slow down the robot (from making “decisions” or analysing next trades) if you log off the application from one machine and log on to another? As in, does it use locally stored information to make its next move?

Also regarding the FAPTurbo MaxOrder setting. If this is set to 2 for example, does that mean the long term strategy will only open 2 orders at a time or does it affect the scalping strategy as well. ex - if 2 long term trades are open does that mean scalp trades wont open?

Here are my back test for 4 different brockers the ammount and the dates you stated.
you might have the gmt offset wrong, thats the only thing i can think of.

BTWY any one knows what the mismatched chart erroers mean?

I think Jado is right. Or else the backtests don’t take into account the time change in the spring and fall.

I hope we all got that email from FapTurbo about the updated fapturbo 22 version that should correct some activation problems and allows the use of different computers…but still only 2 activations…one for demo and one for live, or two live accounts and no demo. Has anyone gotten Fapturbo 22? Im still on v.16…So any comments regarding this update…pls post.

I upgraded this morning but so far no new trades.

Same here. Updated with no problems.

I’m on a live account now since Monday with 1K. No trades on Mon which may be related to the v16 situation. I’ve upgraded to v22.

I’m on 100:1 and was wondering if I should go to 200:1. Does Fapturbo give a recommendation? Anyone here using 200:!? I’m considering changing it to200.

BTW, was unable to get a demo acct activated. Put in the correct actvation code, and the trader continued to tell me that I have not acctivated the acct.

Cheers

Dale

Hey guys,
I have just received a link to this discussion. I have purchased fapturbo a few weeks ago and so far it looks like it works on my fxpro demo account.
I wonder if some of you tried to use it with fxpro live account? Is it any good?
Also what broker looks to be the best for fapturbo? Not for demo, but for live account :slight_smile:
I have several accounts at several brokers but with this new bull**** fapturbo people pushed out (the licensing and the fact that your license will get locked to one account number), I have to decide really carefully which broker will I run it at, when I decide to go live. Also, have anyone asked them if they don’t plan on changing the licensing that you could switch brokers and got any answer? I have asked but I got no reply yet. It shouldn’t be hard to let the license to be revokable, i.e. you generate a license for one account, and if you decide to switch broker, you just invalidate the license and create a new one for another account.

Sorry if anything has already been answered before in this thread, but 28 pages is too much to go through and read every single post… :slight_smile:

Thanks

Dehumanizer,

I am with FXDD and have had no issues.

I initially paid for the VPS recommended by fapturbo at $70 a month, before I did some research and found out that it can be done for $19 a month.

That would be SWVPS.com

Dale

I am sure most of the brokers who have low spreads would be fine, but I wonder if someone tested the EA live with several brokers simultaneously so that he could compare results.
As for the server, since I am only using linux on all of my computers, I have a dedicated windows server at one hosting company which I use for trading and other stuff where I need windows, so I also use it to run fapturbo.