Robots, Expert Advisors, FAP Turbo, more?

Try setting max lots to 1 and set your stop loss at 100 ,fab turbolots to 0 and risk reductor to 5. I had some trades that worked out pretty well. Test it on your demo. this strategy doesn’t trade that often but when it did i had a couple good trades with these settings

Hi everybody

Since 10 days no trade was opened by FAPTurbo .

I reported this to FAPTurbo team ; they asked me to check various things and espescially if the “FAPTURBO.DLL” file did exist in the “Experts/Libraries” folder in Metatrader platform .

I checked this folder in my both MTQ4 platforms by ALPARI and IBFX ; this DLL does not exist in both , although the “Allow DLL imports” is checked in the “Tools/Options/Experts Advisors”.
I downloaded the last version 23 .
I reported to FAPTurbo team yesterday but have no response until now .

Could you look about it in your “Expert/Libraries” folder ?

Thanks

Are these setting for long only or do they include scalping? What leverage are you using?

Those settings are for the long term strategy only ( fap turbo) on the bottom half of inputs, only for EUR/USD

Hi, just curious, did the scalper get into any trades yesterday on your fxpro live acct.? what did they tell you to set the GMT offset to on the fxpro mt4 platform? Heny c

Hi,
no trades on fxpro live yesterday. Two trades on demo though. GMT offset for fxpro is 2.

Hi kevin, just wondering did  fxpro make any trades for you yesterday? I'm running a fxdd demo and a fxpro demo. The fxdd demo made 2 trades right around 23:00 gmt but nothing from either after 00:00 gmt. I think it might be because the default on the scalper is set to false on trade fridays. which doesn't allow for friday trading which would start 00:01 Gmt time.

Hi, were the 2 trades on the demo eur/gbp and eur/chf, a little after 23:00 gmt. My fxdd demo made those 2 trades yesterday but the fxpro didn’t. I thinking it might be the no trade on friday setting,not sure Thanx Henry c

yes they were after 23:00 GMT
I had those trades on fxpro demo, with friday trades disabled. it was on thursday anyway. Not sure about trading after 12 AM GMT on friday but I would say the setting only affects trading on friday night GMT. I had no trades on fxpro live (not even these two trades) anyway… Looks like live gets less trades than demo.

Hi,

I only had one trade last night EUR/CHF. BUT, I was switching from version 16 to 23 at this time so probably missed the other one. My GMT offset for FXPro is +2 hours. I am happy to say that version 23 is working fine. I suspect if you were looking for trades after 2300 that the No Friday’s rule kicked in.

Still new…Still learning…

Kevin

I changed the scalper friday setting to true(on fapturbo23) today to see what happens next week, I think that once gmt time goes to 00:00 0n thursday , then that makes it a friday trade. but I’m not positive on that. henry c

Hmm. That’s strange. On my demo, I had version 16 too yesterday, while on live I updated to 22 earlier that day. It looks to me like version 16 opened these 2 trades while higher versions did not. So the EUR/CHF trade was opened on your fxpro live account?

Also now as I am looking at it, it was 23:00 but 23:00 FXPRO time, not GMT. Since FXPRO has an GMT offset of +2, it was at 21:00 GMT.

If anyone wants to check my demo stats from Nov 26, here it is: Statement: 337221 - A B

Hearing from you and kevin makes me wonder about the inconsistencies about why some are getting trades and others not on the same demo or live acct. from fxpro. I thought the time shown on the platform was actual gmt time, all 3 of my demos show aprox.(within a few seconds) the same gmt time on the demo time displays and if the gmt offset is +2 then it would be 2hrs later, but I’m not sure about that either. Any one know for sure?

Which version of fapturbo did you have yesterday on fxpro and fxdd demo accounts? That might clear things.

Time shown on the platform differs from broker to broker, at fxpro it’s GMT +2 hours, which is why you have to enter +2 as GMT offset setting.
E.g. now the time on fxpro is 19:46, but GMT is 17:46 (and my local time is 18:46 :slight_smile:
And I am sure about this.

On both demos I was using V16 when those trades were made yesterday afternoon EST, and switched to v23 last night(US eastern time zone). I use 3 demos ,fxpro(cyprus), fxdd(US), fxopen(cairo) and all the gmt offsets are +2 and all the gmt time displays are the same. I noticed all trades seem to start around 23:00 gmt display (4:00pm est my time) and usually stops trading after 03:00 (8pm est))
If every body is showing the same times for the trades the system makes then wouldn"t we be able to just start the program Around 22:00 and stop a little after 03:00 ,instead of running the computor constently. lets hear some feeback. thanx henry c

so this confirms my belief that v16 made those 2 trades but v22 (and v23) didn’t…

Well, I think the discrepencies with trades may be due to 1. live vs. demo 2. broker spreads and 3. the settings you are using to trade with.

I did get a trade with v 23. my settings last night were MM = true. lotrisk = 10 (which I am going to slowly reduce as my account balance grows),as I am happy taking small profits and limiting risk (if that makes sense :slight_smile:

I don’t think there could be any real discrepencies with the software if the version is the same then i.e. it is the same code no matter what (I guess :).

I don’t have a problem leaving computer on, but it does appear that the scalper mode is setup to take advantage of late afternoon EST/early evening GMT and I believe that is mentioned in the video tutorials.

Thanks!

Kevin

I’m not sure, because of the 3 demos i use only fxdd made those 2 trades yesterday and I was still running V16(with no trade on friday default on) on all of them, That’s why I was thinking that the no friday default might have caused the other 2 not to trade and that was the reason there were no trades on any of them after 00:00 which would be friday morning GMT. like I said, right now this is all guess work.

but I also had friday trades disabled on fxpro demo and I got those 2 trades

Hi Kevin, I use the same settings in scalper on eur/chf, usd/cad and lot risk 15 on eur/gbp, like I said I’m going to allow scalper to trade fridays to see how it effects the amount of trades I get from the 3 demos. On other days of the week they seem to be in more sync as to the trades they take.