Robots, Expert Advisors, FAP Turbo, more?

Aba,

A lot of FAP Turbo’s success depends on your broker and its spreads, so do some research on who offers the best ones during the hours that it trades (typically 4EST to 9EST). I only run it on two pairs, the EUR/CHF (spread=3) and the EUR/GBP (spread=5). I’m using FAP Turbo v44 and I only modified the GMT Offset to make sure that it was correct, and changed my trading hours to open one hour earlier and close two hours later. For the EUR/GBP, I’m letting it run on .3 mini-lots only (reasonably conservative), and the EUR/CHF has MM set to true and is set on a 25 LRR. That’s a [B]lot [/B]riskier than some would suggest using, but I’ve found on my broker that the EUR/CHF is pretty stable during the trading hours, so I’m more willing to let it run at higher risk. Since incorporating these settings and by simply leaving FAP Turbo alone to let it do its thing, I’m at nearly 25% profit. Before, I kept trying to tweak settings and it got me into a lot of trouble, so I would advise against that.

As has been stated on here 1000s of times, use proper money management and never risk more than you’re willing to lose. And, just to cover myself, I’m not making a guarantee that you will make profit – these are just my settings and they work for me. Good luck.

hi shakes,
thanks for ur help on the fapturbo settings.pls how do i install fapturbo into my mt4. a friend of mine sent the old version of the fapturbo for demo testing before subscribing for the new version and i found it difficult maybe a little diffrent from normal installation from programmesfiles/expert.pls.i need the forums help.god bless u.

I’m sorry, buddy, I can’t help you until you’ve purchased a copy of FAP Turbo like the rest of us. =) The older versions won’t work anyway now that the new ones are out. When you do purchase a copy, FAP Turbo provides a fairly detailed set of instructions on how to get it into and operating on MT4. Good luck!

I got one EA that enable 100% ROI in 2 Days or more. Most EA base on indicator and trend, so it always have the posibility to make mistake, as market sometimes go haywire did not follow trend.

My EA did not use any indicator, just need a good cut in entry point. It base on statistic trading which mean if the wave of pip going too big it will get margin call.

So you have to harvest the profit base on your risk taking desire.

charlsemadness,
thanks.have started it with live account or still demo.if live account,pls.could sent the results to me on <[email protected]>. i would love to see good things like that.:slight_smile:

You can see my snap shoot result at 301 Moved Permanently

FapTurbo required you key in Demo code/ serial key inoder to run. That mean U need to have buy the product and have log in password to access the memeber page to activate the demo code.

Install of EA same.
1. Copy the EA.ex4 to the Expert Folder
2. Copy the Fap.dll to the Library Folder inside Expert Folder
3. Go to memeber page, key in your Acc No. and the EA ID to retrive demo code.
4. Key in the demo code into the EA setting.

Fapturbo allow u play 5 pair setting.

1. Long term EurUsd like FAP - 140 pip take profit, no good result
  2. Scalping EurGbp - Good result
  3. Scalping EurChf - no tgood
  4. Scalping UsdCad - not good
  5. Scalping GbpChf -sometimes good

Back test good for Nov,Dec '08. Bad for Jan-Mac '08.

The stratergy FapTurbo using :

1. Filter no trade when Crossing, No trade Fri, spread high.
  2. Scapling technique
  3. Money Management technique.

Result - You are safe from high viotality 90%. ROI ? Depend the luck of trend.
Need to install new EA every 3 month sort. And key in new code.

Hi everyone im spinvin and pleased to meet all of you.

ok! so im new to forex and i agree a piece of code cant do all as per your post mate,

i want to trade manually and with ea but im like damn!!! where to start? do you think i should aleast get fap turbo , aleast to get my hands on learning the basics? or should i just learn hard core old school on manual? ( demo of course )

again , happy to have found this forum ! :wink:

depends on what EA we’re talking about. i wanted to trade manual but I like to automate better. i know that the software I use (which is not for sale ever) will always win more than it looses. Fapturbo doesn’t trade enough for me although the idea of scalping to me is a novel concept. I’d say do what you feel is better suited for your needs after you’ve read everything on both manual and automated trading.

ive been reading hundreds of posts here and other forums, and i get the sense that scalping one or two pairs conservative settings work best for full time traders , Fap turbo gets good results for some but same complaint i see over and over that Fap Turbo doesnt trade enought.

I will purchase fap turbo to kindda learn some but if anybody trades full time scalping here and has a really good automated program for scalping with good results plz let me know the name of that program . ( if for sale )

tx in advance and good trading to all.:wink:

I was in the same boat as you, I swear while reading this it reminded me of myself! anyways I’m happy so far with my purchase

BTW, this is my first post but I’ve been reading your forums for a while and enjoy your website a lot - thanks for all the good info so far. Now, onto my question:

Does anyone have a reccomendation on the account size to start with? I know they say that any amount will work but…

I am thinking about starting with about $400 after I back test and try out some of the things you guys have mentioned here. Has anyone else started with an account of this size? What are your results?

Thanks in advance for your help :slight_smile:

~John

Hi John,

Do you already have some basics on forex trading before you wanted to purchase fapturbo? If yes, I’m fine with it. But if you have not, it’s advisable that you read up some basics first before you get everything started.

Please start with demo trading first even if you have backtested. This is because backtesting will not be 100% accurate if the EA trades without wide spread etc, which backtest can’t detect.

Regarding the account size to start with, it depends on what are you aiming for. If you want to try out and accumulate your account, $400 is alright, but you must have a risk management. Do not risk more than 1% to 5% of your trading account per trade, so that if there is a huge drawdown, it won’t affect your account too much. I’m sure the EA settings can be adjusted. When you get more experienced with it and know how the market works, you can increase your account size accordingly.

Regards,
Dan

thanks for the tips, Dan.

Yes I’ve been trading for some time and have a feel for the market, I’m just looking for something new to try. I’m obviously not looking to “roll in the cash” as some expect when trying something like this - I’m just hoping that I don’t have to monitor the market as much as I have to now. I planned to start my risk at around 3-4% and see how it functions at that.

Once again, thanks for the tips!

Hi John,

Don’t mention it, you are welcomed. :slight_smile: Good luck in your trading and hope to hear good updates from you.

Regards,
Daniel Su

hi newbie here
could you please write down your setting for eur/usd setting
appreciate it

Let me take the opportunity to thank you also!

thanks for the interesting thoughts

Hi,

Is anyone using fap turbo on IBFX. I am planning on using fap turbo on my live IBFX(m) account next week but heard rumors that fapt doesn’t work on IBFX anymore.!!
Any inputs would be appreciated …thanks :confused:

Hi, this is because IBFX is introducing 5th decimal pricing on the currency pairs. For example, if you would like to enter a Maximum Deviation of 5 pips, you would enter 50 pips into the Maximum Deviation field. The EA need to be upgraded or do some changes before it can work on IBFX again.

FAPturbo works on 5 decimals. And I wouldn’t use it on IBFX terrible spreads during trading times and I dont think they like scalpers.( I tried with them)Try Alpari UK. or FXCBS.

Dave