Robots, Expert Advisors, FAP Turbo, more?

Hi Mark,
Can You please Tell me or give me some of the hint about the settings that you so that we can also achieve the same amount of success using FAP Turbo, Is it possible to guide me in this Regard,

Regards,
Krishna

Hi krishnaprtest.

When I update my settings, I always try to upload my preset file. You can download it from my review of FapTurbo, the button “Download Preset” you can find below of the statistic of trading. So, you can have the same results, but if you have the same broker and account type!

Regards, Mark.

Hi Mark,
FAPTurbo is not at all doing well now, I saw your live trading account statement & You have lost more than US$3000 in a single week which means that it cannot predict smooth trading patterns & draw downs are more I see from Your graph. You cannot rish US$10K for this robot I think.

Please Give Me your valuable suggestions so that I remove risky pairs while attaching robots,

Regards,
Krishna

why are you even bothering with this crap EA?

Hi Krishna.

You should understand, that, every experts sometimes have bad periods, but some of them have it during all of the trading time( we called this experts scams) and other not.
When we try to find great robot for our trading, we look on the backtests, profitable, drawdowns, forwardtests and etc. Busides, FAP Turbo have impressive results for all of this lines, so we can say, that, this expert is good for trading. If you will find robot with results better than FAP Turbo, you can use it.
Most risky pairs for FAP Turbo it’s pairs with the GBP currency.

Regards, Mark.

Hi Guys, I saw your thread on fap and I just wanted to add my two pips since I used it live for all of '09. I did not have faqt50, i used the previous version. This EA consistently averaged 8% monthly for my live account. I believe the only reason for this is because I got rid of the riskiest pairs and I also kept a ‘maximum loss’ EA consistently running. I discovered early on that my winnings are quickly erased by one loss w/ fapt. so I employed a max loss EA to run simultaneously. yes, there were times when i was cut out of the trade prematurely and missed the correction, but i never had a negative month w/ fapt after I employed the max loss ea. Also, i have a trading partner that believes in the “pip bank” theory who also uses fapt. So essentially, he transfers out his profits from fapt continuously to a savings account. He did get burned a couple times with this because fapt took some wild swings to the negative and since he was funneling out his cushion, his live account had a hard time sustaining the loss. That’s why I don’t recommend the pip bank theory with fapt. From my experience, will it give you massive double digit percentage monthly returns? No, not safely or consistently. Can you build a decent size account letting it trickle year after year with conservative settings and protective max loss EA? Yes. I personally feel that there are better EA’s, but this thread is about Fap. I hope this has been a help to people wrestling with fapt. Peace and blessings. Pipbull

I am asking this because I have another trading system designed for Indian people like Me with Alpari UK as their main broker & in the last 3 months have net consistently 60% Profit every month meaning for every account of US$500[ Micro account], we can get more than US$325-345 profit every month, Please advise whether FAPT is better than this option with highly customized settings

What is your another trading system ? Is it a robot or manual ?

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. I am interested to know more detail about the max loss EA. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Jimmy

Not sure who is still following this thread, but I left something out of my last post regarding FAP Turbo. I left out the ‘human element’. I’ll give you an example. Yesterday, all cable primary pairs fell off a cliff. Fapt, being the genius robot it is;), went long below the S3 on two pairs and below the S2 on another, LONG?!?! WTF! So, in my live account, I manually closed these three trades immediately. But I ‘let it ride’ in demo. Demo blew out a big loss last night that wiped away the really nice scalps of the previous week. However, I still have all of my nice scalps in the live account due to the ‘human element.’ Morale of the story is that fapt is not a ‘set and forget’ robot like the advertiser want you to believe. You should absolutely know how to trade before depending on fapt. You should know how to read candles, trends, swings high/low, pivots, set ups etc etc. Fapt will catch scalps across six pairs that you probably can’t see nor have the time to accurately execute. But you have to keep an eye on it constantly for ‘stupid trades’ that you KNOW are a bad idea. I never seen an ea have such a winning streak with scalps, but you have to watch the bad trades that it will definitely make. So know how to trade so you can tell a really bad trade from a good one and act accordingly with fapt. Its more of a ‘scalping companion’ to add some nice ‘fodder’ or cushion to your manual trading. I hope this has helped. Just my two pips worth:D Happy Trading Everyone!

I am surprized to know this… that you need to babysit to ensure it is doing correctly or not… I don’t think I would like that… The whole purpose of EA is (at least for me) is to get away from human emotions.

I agree with you crpao. Although I don’t believe the ‘set it and forget it’ EA can be found as a mass produced, mass advertised product. Its probably something that the big boys pay large sums to private programmers to produce exclusively, if they exist at all. Fapt definitely takes the human emotion out of the scalping end of things, which I feel is invaluable. But there’s no substitute for trading knowledge and experience. If you have these, then fapt is a decent addition to your strategy but certainly nothing to be prioritized. Cheers!

I agree with you that - there’s no substitute for trading knowledge and experience. Despite running EA’s you still have to have good understanding of the market.

I also don’t say - we can find an EA that is completly set and forget… we do need to monitor the account… though not the individual trades on daily basis. If I see my EA is making losses for couple of days consecutively, I will definitley stop the EA… analyze the reason… then decide either to continue… or drop or upgrade the EA to suit the new trend…

The point is - the way it sounds to me we need to monitor every FAPT trade…
Then I see no sense using FAPT.

At this time, I don’t own any EA’s… though I would like to have one EA… which is consistent… not making millions in a day… but a small increments … like if I start with $500, I don’t expect more than $40- 50/month… 8- $10/week… In fact, this it self is 10%… which is great…

Hhmmmm, not sure I’d trust an EA enough to not monitor everyday and every trade:eek: I just love my money far to much to trust it 100% to a mass produced ea. Although I agree with you that we shouldn’t have too. But you say that you’re just looking for 8% to 10%. Fapt has done exactly that on my live account for the last year. It just doesn’t do the 95% that they advertise, not even close. But the scalping portion strategy of ea does do that. You wanted other ea ideas. I also use winning-solution. I don’t have it on my live account, but I keep it open on a demo and use it to confirm signals. It has about 5 different ea’s on it and also a strategy set up with alarms that tell you where to enter/exist etc. I believe its $30/month. That one is very thorough and performs about the same as what you’re looking for 8% to 10%. Again, I just use this as a second opinion and not live. The better you get at reading the market, technicals and momentum the less of a second opinion you’ll need. I know what you mean about emotions. I’m finally letting the market come to me and not chasing or existing early due to fear and its paying off big time. Sorry for rambling so much everyone:D

No… it’s not rambling… not at all. I belive you are sharing your exprerience.

I am a 8 - 5 working guy… When I come home, it’s a asian session… not good for trading… though good to study all the daily charts… morning… I hardly get one hour to look at the market before rushing to work…
On top of it, I am still learning… So I am looking for a 8 to 10% tradable EA…
I can only monitor couple of times a day … just to ensure that it is running and making little money(overall)… not expecting to win every trade… but I don’t think I can analyze every EA trade…

it looks like you are uing 2 EA’s… which one you recommend… if you have to recommend to your fellow trader… again for a 10% gain…

Well, my ea’s work for me because I can monitor them. In your case, maybe fapt wouldn’t fit your schedule. Out of the two ea’s I use,for your situation, I would recommend winning solution. Its less maintenance and it teaches you the market ‘zones’ (retraction areas etc), it gives you strategies for entries and exits etc. It also has 5 or 6 different ea’s that you can experiment with to see if it fits your style and schedule. Just for the record, I’m in no way, shape or form an affiliate for any of these products. Just trying to helpful with what I’ve experienced. Hope this helps. Looks like gbp/usd and geppy are bouncing…gotta go!!!

Well, Thank you for your adivse. In fact, I had a quick look at their site :winning-solution. I found only one EA which runs on only one pair - gu. probably they have more… need to look at again…

Good thing is that - I didn’t see any tall claims on their site.

Hello fellow traders, just had a look at live results posted on their website. Don’t think that this trader is doing well at the moment. Maybe one of you want to tell me any different?

milkam.mt4stats.com

I just had a look at this trader’s performance. I have no idea if these are Fapt results or just some guy’s manual live account? Looks like he started 01/08 with $783 and made $800 or so to 06/01/10 with a current balance of $1,670 (or something like that). So essentially, he’s managed to stay alive and PROFITABLE in forex for approximately two and a half years by doubling his account in that timeframe. I have seen many more do a whole lot worse!

But FAPTurbo version 50 is only $10 on eBay. What’s the point of paying more for the same EA??? I’m making money with it just like you are I think. Although I think it is worth the 150 if you can afford that

:smiley: Hi all,
i started using fapt v50 it has been 2 days of trading and i am happy so far with its performance. yday had one loss onEURGBP 26 $ but overall with it recoverred with todays trades when i check this morning. i am using TDFX on demo and unable to run on live due to funding restrictions from my country through paypal nor bank wire transfer. i wish they had direct credit card payments instead paypal etc.so i opened the joint a/c with go mkts australia their spreads better than tadawulfx. will post the links after i reach 50+ posts.:o