Robots, Expert Advisors, FAP Turbo, more?

ok here is my update…

and here are the settings that i have at this time. scalper is ON
Scalper_______="— Scalper EURCHF, EURGPB, GBPCHF or USDCAD M15 —";
UseScalperStrategy=true;
Scalper_Lots=0.1;
Scalper_UseMM=true;
Scalper_LotsRiskReductor=15; How much you want to risk, 15%
Scalper_MaxLots=10;
Scalper_GMTOffset=2;
Scalper_StealthMode=true;
Scalper_UseCustomLevels=true;
Scalper_RelaxHours=0;
Scalper_SimpleHeightFilter=true;
Scalper_TrendFilter=true;
Scalper_TradeFriday=true;
Scalper_OneTrade=0;
Scalper_UseFilterMA=false;
Scalper_PeriodFilterMA=100;
Scalper_PriceFilterMA=0;
Scalper_MethodFilterMA=0;
Scalper_ExpertComment=“FapTurboScalper”; FapTurbo______="---------- FapTurbo EUR/USD M1 ----------"; FapTurbo_Lots=0.01; FapTurbo_LotsRiskReductor=1;
FapTurbo_MaxOrders=5;
FapTurbo_MaxLots=10;
FapTurbo_StopTime=9;
FapTurbo_aaa=35;
FapTurbo_bbb=48;
FapTurbo_TakeProfit=140;
FapTurbo_StopLoss=500;
FapTurbo_TrailingStop=0;
FapTurbo_DurationInHours=0;
FapTurbo_CloseAfterXmonths=1; you might want to set this to 0 or it will close all trades at the end of the month.
FapTurbo_PeriodMALarge=100;
FapTurbo_PeriodMASmall=30;
FapTurbo_PriceMA_0_6=0;
FapTurbo_TypeMA_0_3=0;
FapTurbo_ShiftMALarge=3;
FapTurbo_ShiftMASmall=1;
FapTurbo_LookForDays=2;
FapTurbo_CriticalDays=45;
FapTurbo_RelaxDays=0;
FapTurbo_HedgingLotReducer=0;
FapTurbo_Hedging=0;
FapTurbo_TradeNFP=1;
FapTurbo_TradeFriday=1;
FapTurbo_Prudent=0;
FapTurbo_SymAlligatorOnCritica=1;
FapTurbo_FixedDirection=1;
FapTurbo_ClsLsrOnMrktChnge=0;
FapTurbo_AlwaysTrade=0;
FapTurbo_LowLot=0.1;
FapTurbo_TooGoodToBeTrue=50;
FapTurbo_PrudentPeriod=30;
FapTurbo_StartWorkTimeHour=0;
FapTurbo_StartWorkTimeMin=0;
FapTurbo_EndWorkTimeHour=0;
FapTurbo_EndWorkTimeMin=0;
FapTurbo_OneTrade=0;
FapTurbo_SpanGator=0.5;
FapTurbo_SlipPage=3;
FapTurbo_ExpertComment=“FapTurboEA”; __Other_Parameters="-----------------------------------------";
MagicNumber=231313;
ColorBuy=Blue;
ColorSell=Red;
WriteLog=true;
WriteDebugLog=false;
PrintLogOnChart=true;
KEY=""

I’m not sure if any one is interested in FAP(the old version) I’m using it on a micro live account here is the last month performance…
There is a number of trades done by me though :smiley:

Thanks to all posters re the FAP Turbo. Useful info.
Am trying the turbo for first time as at 1st Dec. Within 4 hours of setting up as per the specs I was in 5 trades on long term EURUSD M1! 3 were short and 2 were long. Did anyone else get similar or have I missed something? I’d have thought short and long trades in a short time period would be contradictory.
No set ups on the scalper strategy yet, but I did turn off my PC last night so missed all of the session that the Turbo is set up to trade. ie when europe is closed.

I wonder what they consider to be a small deposit? I wonder if $1000 is small ?

maybe $200? not sure… anyone going LIVE here? i’m planning to go live with 200 small balance… or 100…

demo is pretty inconclusive with me tweak the settings from week to week,
maybe i’ll stick to current setttings for now.

plan to go live in jan 2009, get myself a nice and shiny account for the new year :smiley:

ive been live and my lot size is $8 :slight_smile: im all for jumping in and seeing what happens. over the course of last night it made me nearly $300 with only one small $13 loser.

hi johnny ,
sorry for being noob but do u mean $8= 10 pips?

ok, most prob i’m gg to start in jan then…( i need a holiday in dec!!)
get the swvps u recommended :slight_smile:

it looks like a good deal! ( the vps) :slight_smile:

regards,
William Koh

will i meant 1 pip= $8
swvps i sth ebest deal going and definatly check out ck’s blog. Ck is awesome and his pdf will definatly help you especialy if you are like me and techno challenged in some ways. He is apart of a lively facebook group that discusses ea’s its worth looking into

to john:

yeah i checked out his blog, got the pdfs downloaded :smiley:
thanks a bunch mate!

yeah i’m really “up there” about all the it vps stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

Johnny

I jumped in with SW VPS as well, but ran into a roadblock with CK’s blog when he wants you to create a shortcut for VPS on your desktop…get an error message saying that the file cannot be found. Also when he wants you to open the start.cmd file … no go for me. Also unable to get the password to load automatically. Oh well.
Will go live with 1K shortly. EURGBP at 20% risk.
I too do not understand why long term puts you in a buy and sell at same time…they are counter productive.

Dale

hey guys!
alpari UK demo is seriously skewed somehow…

remembered my settings?

EURGBP risk 20 , MM ON and lot size 0.0

EUR CHF risk 10 , MM On and lot size 0.0

well out of the other EAs which made overall losses,
+40ish on EURGBO, -50ish for EUR CHF

Alpari’s trades were a whopping 2k profit!

EUR GBP = profit +1950.40

EURCHF = profit +65.63

that’s 2000 USD profit on USD3000 account in one night.
Pretty unbelievable… skeptic look

I wonder why it gives such an abnormal high return…
could this be the best setting? ( got this settings from fapturbo support team)

I think most probably cos i’m dealing with an automated demo server, no bandit broker on the other side to freeze my fills etc? =/
so might not be so profitable in live account.

here take a look…

shall update u guys on day2…
bye~

Ok … so after reading what you all have said here … i’ve purchased and had my fap turbo running for a few hours and got no trades to report as yet … sad … was looking forward to seeing SOMETHING but i wont give up yet (",)

Has anyone tried the hosting service yet? i’m finding Forex Meta logs off every now and then - only for a few seconds at a time but as i understand it that “could” interfere with entry and exit points? i’m also off to deep dark africa without internet access for a month so i’m keen to trial the host - anyone with anything BAD to say about that ? :wink:

Heya - who is CK ? and do u have a link to his facebook group? could do with all the help i can get (",):rolleyes:

dale to tell you the truth for the vps i would refer to ck. i think he has a way to publically pose questions maybe a forum or thread discussion im not sure, for me i was able to set the shortcut but the password thing was a ball buster I don’t remebr how I got around it to be honest. Make sure you read his pdf and do exactly what he says verbatum. Especialy how to test that you set the vps up right coz the first time i did it I made a mistake but I was able to find it due to trying it to see if it works. Also the thing about restarting mt4 its important to keep it running healthy.

As far as the long term trade mine hasn’t done that at all in fact I havent had any eur/usd trades from turbo yet? Im lucky I guess but honestly if it is opening long and short positions at the same time maybe you should disable that for live trading???

this is the link to ck’s blog

forex blog by ckowyong - finding the best forex expert advisor…

ck’s vps guide

forex blog by ckowyong - finding the best forex expert advisor… � guide::VPS guide for MT4

ck is a guy from singapore who blogs about ea’s and ive found him to be extremly helpful and intelligent in these matters. His pdf has saved me from accually hireing an it professional to set my vps up for me. Feel free to buy him a coffee if you want to :slight_smile:

ooooh - THANXS heaps !!!

I managed to find his facebook group (Finding the Best Forex Expert Advisor | Facebook) - but have yet to find those links you gave! ~mwah~

:stuck_out_tongue: will certainly buy him coffee the moment he accepts my friendship request on facebook rofl !!

Hey guys, yet another noob joining the forum. I purchased FAPTurbo around launch and have been having a great time with it on a demo account. Lots of good info here. Thanks

hi kelgan,
go with swvps dot com for vps. their rates much better :slight_smile:

18 usd a month for vps and 2 access pass to the account,means u can share with a buddy to host ur EAs seperately and half ur monthly cost to 9usd

just my 2 cents
swvps should pay me for endorsing them… lol… ;p

by the way why are u going to africa?

[QUOTE=willkohsg;78723]hey guys!
alpari UK demo is seriously skewed somehow…

remembered my settings?

EURGBP risk 20 , MM ON and lot size 0.0

EUR CHF risk 10 , MM On and lot size 0.0[QUOTE]

Hi Willkohsg.
I’ve tried to find the lot size option on the EA properties for scalper.
I only see Scalper_Lots, Scalper_MaxLots and Scalper_LotsRiskReductor as options.
What am I missing?:confused:

Cheers.

so far no looses yet (will post my result later)
Just curiouse why it trades only the night?? (europe time)

And, I have changes scalper lots fro 0.0 -> 0.03 to open the 0.03 lots
did anyone changed this too to meet the desider lots to trade? I’ve saw someone else did change this value. So did i do wrong?

Thanks