Robots, Expert Advisors, FAP Turbo, more?

hi i’m just updating alpari uk for today, the rest of the demos did pretty ok,
profts of 200-300 usd each :slight_smile:

updates : day 2

another +360 usd profit,
2 open postions not closed.

Regards,
William Koh

hi candy man,
sorry for confusion
just set scalper lot= 0.0 :slight_smile:

so far the scalping is working pretty fine
just crossing my fingers and hope it’ll work the same in live account in Jan :slight_smile:

just crossing my fingers and hope it’ll work the same in live account in Jan

will please don’t hope its not healthy to your trading account.

20% is extremly high risk for a live account and I hope you are prepared to loose all your account in a string of losses that would only have to be 5.

The best trading plans are ruined with greed and the worse trading plans can be rescued with good money management.

just my 2 pips hope i didnt offend anyone

hi john, no offence man no worries,
i understand this is very high risk,
well basically i’m still in the tweaking stage,
anything can happen and change :slight_smile:

i’m really open to say any recommendations on risk_reductor settings,

i read tat 20 is too high too, perhaps 10-15 might be better,further tweaking is involved but i think i’ll let the alpari uk run, any new settings will be on another demo account :slight_smile:

i’ll go read ur previous post on the $8 lot size, maybe i can use the settings u mentioned :slight_smile:

im trading $8 lots in a 10k account i dnt let turbo decide how much i trade, also eurusd 1m i trade $1 lots

I would do 10% that seems to be the best. did 20 on a back test and didn’t turn out so well. the EA works well enough to not kill an account. my live acct does good at 10% on the two of the four scalper pairs. but like i said, i’m switching to ODL to trade three pairs to lessen the risks.

I setup my demo on interbank fx and its been 24 hrs and I am running EUR/GBP, EUR/CHF on M15 and EUR/USD on M1. But so far not trades should I change broker or wait and watch? Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks

My understanding of parameter settings (please let me know if I’m on track here.):
If ‘Scalper_UseMM’ is TRUE (ie. ON) only then will the value used in ‘Scalper_LotsRiskReductor’ be considered for trades.
If ‘Scalper_UseMM’ is FALSE (ie. OFF) then the lot size is fixed to whatever you have put in and the ‘Scalper_LotsRiskReductor’ will not be considered.

By putting Scalper_Lots to ‘0’ while ‘Scalper_UseMM’ is TRUE are the lot sizes variable according to your current margin size/account size?

Any thoughts?

Candyman,
if you set ‘Scalper_UseMM’ is TRUE , that means money management is on, then it will considered the ‘Scalper_LotsRiskReductor’ value you input. the ‘Scalper_Lots’ will be considered only if money management is on.
that is for the scalper,
for the fab turbo:if you set the fab turbo_lots to 0 it means money management is on, if you put in a value it will open that value sized lots.

Hope this answers you question. :slight_smile:

Newbie here…Sorry if this is off topic, but I have a question about GMT Offset. I use MetaTrader - Forex Meta platform and the Market Watch clock in the upper left corner says 05:56:20. When I go to wwp.greenwichmeantime.com the clock says 03:56:20. Does this mean my GMT Offset in FAP Turbo will be -2 or will it be simply 2? Thanks in advance

AC :confused:

Its 2. :smiley:
are you -6GMT

I bought a copy last week and ran it on a $100,000 FxPro demo account. The scalper did amazing, pulling in 30% profit, no losses. The long term trader did terrible, it opened three buys at the top of the PA range, then opened 2 sells at the bottom of the pa range. By end of week I was sitting on a whopping $42,000 loss on the buys, even though the two sells had closed at a 10% profit. Unfortunately I did not have the end of month parameter off so all trades were closed, resulting in a 4% loss on the week. (percentages are give or take)

I was using MM, 1.5% on long term and 2% on scalper.

This week I am only running scalper, on 4 pairs. Again it’s performing great, 11 trades all wins, +6% so far.

I am going to take the scalper live on a small account and integrate the MM settings with my MM skew (301 Moved Permanently)

I’m leaving the long term off for now.

sorry but i am not agree with this… or perhaps on my settings is something wrong:
O have fxpro mini accoun t (lots are 0.01 = 1 minilot)
I use “Scalper Lots” 0.02
I use scalper_UseMM true

however this night it traded 2 positions wiht 2.60 size

So whats’ wrong here?

about the results, they are greate it makes +$805 in 2 days. But this is due the high lots

BTW: i will try the “Scalper Lots” 0.0
and MM On (true)
see if it will change something

I will do this on a Live account with $250

Lets’ see wha happens
:rolleyes:

Thanks…that is what I have it set at. I’ve had the software running for 9 hours in scalper mode only but FAP turbo hasn’t made any trades. I guess this is normal.

AC

hi guys

if u switch scalper lots = 0.1
and MM = false.

the fapturbo will follow the lots u set.

if u switch scalper lots= 0.1
and MM= true.
and risk reductor=20
the money managment will be 20% of ur free margin.

Hi

I’m new to Forex, but want to try FAP Turbo.

I opened a Demo with $500, because if it works well for me, I’ll open a live account with $500.

Can anyone tell me what could be the best settings for such an account?

Kind Regards
Robin

I would say, use the scalping methode. that way you will don suffer from a drawdown to your account. but dont expect alot in return.
The best setting that Im using right now are, lot risk MM true and set the GMT offset corerctly.
here is my seguestion run to platform( install each ina different folder) and use a different method on each one. Thats what im soing right now.
check the thread you’ll find more opinions on that.

I hope I was able to help.

For some reason all my acct info, Margin info etc. are showing up on my charts…can someone tell me how I can turn it off…it is taking up my entire screen!

Dale

Go to the Expert properties and change the following to False
they are at the bottom
WriteLog=false;
WriteDebugLog=false;
PrintLogOnChart=false;