Robots, Expert Advisors, FAP Turbo, more?

Thanks Jado…appears you have to start a new window as it won’t go away if it is already there.

Dale

UPDATES :

DAY 3 OPEN POSITIONS
I am going to close these two positions manually now. as long as positive pips i dont mind taking a loss.

DAY 3 CLOSED POSTITIONS
2 more trades closed at +225 usd

I am still tweaking my settings, adjusting along the way to optimise fapturbo scalper.

DISCLOSURE#1
NOTE about fapturbo settings:
i use high risk reductor settings, and only trade 2 pairs.

DISCLOSURE #2
this is not the final settings. Still tweaking and adjusting.

DISCLOSURE #3
please do not use high risk settings for demo on your LIVE account.
You will lose your ( * )

well so far tonight with factory settings :slight_smile: ive managed to get 4 trades

buy eurchf 1.5364 close 1.5371 total 7
sell eurgbp 0.8607 close 0.8601 total 6
sell eurchf 1.5380 close 1.5374 total 6
buy eurchf 1.5365 close 1.5371 total 6

total so far 25 pips

Ive been varying my lots and adding more so its between $12-$15 per pip.

so far so good!!!

hey will if you copy the img code from tinypic it will post the pic and you wont need to link to it. also you can click on resize for 15" monitor and it will be a good size to read without having to click on a thumbnail.

glad to see you are doing well with turbo :slight_smile:

hey john ,thanks! :slight_smile:

well this is still the high risk settings, i’m just going to stick with this settings,

going to open up another demo and follow the settings that you advised me.

It’ll be more realistic one closer to what i am going to do with my live account :slight_smile:

no point trading with high risk demo when i’m not going to use this in live account i guess :smiley:

i have to admit -it’s just a bragging tool this demo lol…

hope i can “brag” when i go live :stuck_out_tongue:

youll be doing plenty of braggin im sure just try to keep good habits.

Alot of people with demi acciunts arent prepared for what they will face with a live account in terms of psychology coz to them it is play money and most open a 50k demo and they play and play and make 500k then they open a $250 account and try to grow it over night and get wiped out.

but truthfully im up to $15 a pip. Do you know what the stop loss is on scalper is it a setting this way I can properly figure my risk.

yeah i agree with you, there’s nothing like going live…

about the stop loss,

hmmm i’m not too sure…
they have a stealth mode or something right?

maybe i’ll try to find out and let u know… anyone can decompile EAs around here? :smiley:

then we can find out how it works… :smiley:

but then again, if the brokers get wind of this, we’ll lose our edge with the stealth mode… :slight_smile:

but there’s no stopping the brokers from getting a copy of fapturbo and slicing it up to figure a way to arbitrage our advantage too… so i guess in the long run we will be looking for news EAs… :x

not trying to be negative, just factoring in wat’s possible :cool:

i just email fapturb support. lol… see wat they say…

truthfully alpari doesnt give a **** about our little 6 pips you know

byt its like al pacino said in the devils advocate, “never let em see ya coming”

btw im short eurgbp right now. truthfully 30 pips a day is all you really need to succeed

Hey john,
guess u’re right :smiley:

By the way u’re using Alpari uk as ur broker?

maybe i’ll ask u again when i choose a broker in jan when i’m gg live… :slight_smile:

Have a great day trading today!

Regards,
William Koh

no accually i use ibfx but i thought i heard you say you were using alphari??

i live in CT USA the constitution state wooooohooooo!!!

woof! woof! who let the dogs out!!!

lol…
okok no i dont have alpari as my broker yet, just use alpari for demo account.

i’m using fxcm for my buyzone and buzzard trades , well mainly buzzard :slight_smile:

i havent got an a broker with mt4 yet.Hmm IBFX sounds good… :slight_smile:

Have a great day dude. it’s 9am here in singapore and i’m going out~~ :smiley: seeya~

For the week so far on the scalper, factory settings excepts using MM and risk is set to 2;

20 trades
8 short
12 long

All winners

13.5% account increase

hey jimmy, thanks for the updates! :wink:

by the way may i know ur settings for scalper? i’m trying out different settings at the moment to find one with minimal risk :slight_smile:

i’m aiming at a small deposit of 100-200 to start with 1st :slight_smile:

woah 13.5% keep going dude drain the banks~ :smiley:

now im long eurchf still short uergbp i will keep you posted

jimmy nice job at this rate you grow your account to mamoth proportions in no time!!!

will take care have a good day

For the record its a 100,000 demo account, the balance is up to 109,500 (remember I took a huge hit on the balance when the long term closed out losing trades at the end of month, so started this week aroun 96,000 I think). With the risk reducer set to 2 it is opening up positions using 7 - 10 lots per trade.

With an account balance of $250 you would have to go with a micro account to even get close to managing your risk conservatively. Using only $100 - $200 I would only have the scalper running on one pair, if it were me.

So far the scalper appears to never lose, but on my demo account there have been scenarios where there is a floating draw down of over 5% of the balance when 4 scalper positions are first opened. So if your unable to use small enough lots to withstand that kind of floating loss a $100 account is going to get wiped out real quick.

This should not be considered a holy grail. It should be added to your trading toolkit, integrated with your overall money Management plan, and taken advantage of while it still works…

quote jimmy jones:

and taken advantage of while it still works…

i totally agree with that… EAs have a “shelf life” that’s what i think :slight_smile:

Can anyone please explain what the “Scalper_Lots = 0.0” setting would allow the EA to do?
Also, the only scalper trades I have completed are the EURCHF. No EURGBP trades at all. :confused:

On the MT4 chart I’m using Forex Trading Direct as the broker (demo a/c). The spread on the EURGBP = 4 pips, so any set ups should be good to go? Spread on the EURCHF = 5 pips.

Should I use a different broker to see if that is the difference? Which brokers are some others using?

Thanks for any input.

Hi,
I chance upon this very informative site while looking for some discussion on the use of fapturbo.

I’m not sure if anyone experience the following:
I encounter 2 unclosed scalping positions, supposingly, fapturbo should have closed them during dawn. However they are still not closed till now. One is from yesterday morning and the other is this morning, both are still open with loses. I’m using Alpari demo with GMT offset = 2, ScalperStrategy=true

At the same time, I’m also using demo platforms from FXDD and GoMarkets. Both platform close all scalping positions during dawn. My GMT offset = 1 for both FXDD and GoMarkets.

I suspect the unclosed positions in Alpari demo could be the result of GMT offset.

Any comment?