RULES + Welcome to the Introduce Yourself forum

Hi there,I hope everyone has a great day! I have been reading babypips since 2009, now I became a member of the forum. I hope I can learn from other’s experiences

Friends, I am Samantha. I am a school teacher. I know it may sound weird but yes I too have invested in Commodity market. The profits are quite good. Now I have decided to play something big. I need the expert advice for that. Hope I have not joined the wrong forum… Thanks

Hello guys, I am Susan Wilson. I am basically from UK, now living in the United States. I am a business analyst. I have been trading US options for past 7 months. I had lost around $4000 in binary options. I don’t know what went wrong. I am new to this community. I am here to learn the strategies to gain back what I have lost…Thanks

Hello everyone,

I´m PipRic, I Knew about forex around four years ago when I was at the engineering college. I Thought this was that easy since traded a demo account with 5KUSD with profit of 1000 usd in just one day. I said…i´m gonna be rich this is so easy…jajajaja. In the next few months with only a couple of strategies learned…I opened a real account with 25 USD…and surprise!!! emotions started their job…quickly my money went to zero … oops… i tried one more time with same results. So I quited for I while…and a year ago I found Baby Pips…and the school…now i´m working hard to become in a succesfull trader in three years from now on…im colombian…I really like finacial markets…specially FX…

Regards…

Bye

Hi! My Name is Lorena. I saw this website a few days back and now I can’t stop studying. I am looking forward to learning more as I go along with the schooling. I have not tried trading live yet though I have tried the demo for more than a week now…still a long way to go…that would be all for now.

Thanks

Hi susan
Binary trading is way too risky than the normal forex trading. if you the strategies and how to use the tools you can be successful in trading otherwise it sounds like gambling.

Hi Samantha
You are absolutely in the right community and every body here is for learning. I have been trading for the past 5 and a half years. If you need any help please feel free to ask.

:58: Hi. I’m Mary Hadhad and I’ve been trading over a year now. I did a little on demo but most in small cash amounts. I’m down quite a bit but always had this cash [3K] put aside on the basis of it been an investment on my trading journey. I’ve been self employed for most of my life and one consistent reality we all face when running a business is that you are going to have to budget for costs. In this way I’m a little philosophical about the merits of loosing while learning how to trade.
I’ve been watching the Baby Pip’s site over the past few weeks and find it very transparent and informative. The idea of learning how to trade from my experience can be broken down into two phases. To begin with you need to come to terms with the language and mechanics of trading. Things like which sort of platform is right for you? Do you require a dedicated signals platform such as E Signal? Or can you source enough from an MT4 platform? Or for that matter your broker platform? You ought to consider what proportion of your budget you are prepared to invest towards where and how you’re going to read charts! Secondly, you need to try out which form or order suits you and your personality best. Do you, for instance use the OHCL or Japanese Candles? Which MA’s and for that matter the aesthetic layout of your chart! You need to establish a clear understanding of [lagging] indicators such as MACD and Stochastic. You need to practice using chart tools such as trend lines and Fib’s. Finally, in this first phase of your learning you really need to commit to some degree of ownership in terms of having a plan which you personalise into a template that will reflect back to you what sort of trader you are [or are becoming].
If the above sounds like a lot, it is! And from my experience, all the above can be explored on a demo account combined with You Tube webinars and lessons.
The second phase is even more fun. Once you’ve opened you broker account and start trading a new phase of experience will visit you – irrespective of whether you win or lose. It can almost be described as ‘real’ once the theory is translated into practice and this phase will remain on-going while you continue your journey in trading. While you begin to cherry pick what’s right for you [based on past experience] you are always exposed to the unpredictable character of the market, so it’s never dull. It is at this stage I find your Baby Pip’s useful in its balance of philosophy and process.
Ta.

i am damon from the uk, im 41 years old this year, ( wow how time goes by so quick ) i made my money in the oil and gas industry, first starting out as a training engineer and finally finishing as an upstream project/contracts manager, i am currently semi retired, enjoying time with my family and waiting the birth of our new baby, i have played with the stocks and shares market for some time now, maybe 4 years, and im now taking my first steps into forex trading, i have absolutely no idea what im doing at all, sounds crazy but i have to keep my brain active ad i like the idea of beating the system and the challenges forex trading gives, im fully aware of the risks but i am also here for the rewards ( aren’t we all ) i plan to be very active on this website and in the forums, here is a statement to all, i will make at least 1 million us dollars from forex trading before the end of the year 2013. ( watch this space )

hi my name is Yce108 i’am a newbie here. i joined babypips forex because i want to learn how to trade in forex, how to get in and get out and different techniques that i hope you could share. Looking forward to learn more.

Hi everybody!

It’s my first here. Hopefully I will be able get ideas on how to improve my Forex business. cheers!

Hi Guys. I’m ohoraherecaptain - read as three words - my surname, O’Hora and the ‘here Captain’ is a throwback to Star Trek’s Lieutenant Uhura. It’s cryptic but sense no one else tends to use it, I never find I have to come up with a different username on websites!
I posted last week that “This is a top website. Rest assured.” as I didn’t have much time. I’ve been looking at Baby Pips for at least six months and find much of what they say useful to my trading plan. I only trade FX and just a few currencies as I found I wasn’t getting far - jumping from one pair to the other. At least now I’m beginning to famularise myself with the character of certain currency’s price movement[s].
I’m also getting email recently on ‘Binary Options’ which - if any of you know anything about - or better still, trade, I’d really appreciate you sharing your experience.

Cheers.
JOH.

Hello everyone, my screen name is kahlesstiberius, yes it is a long winded name, but I like it!! And for those who must know what it means, its a star trek thing!! Tiberius being captain kirk’s middle name, and the kahless (pronounced Kay-less) is the name of the first klingon, a race of warriors, who’s hearts are strong and whom seek glory.
Yes I do like sci-fi!!! !
But like those klingon warriors, I will hunt those pips until I can hunt them no more.
In all seriousness, I want to say thankyou to the babypips for the school of pipology as it has helped me to understand that Forex trading isn’t as daunting as I first thought, I wish I’d thought to do it years ago!
Only having demo traded, and failed miserably, I decided to do more research and boy do I mean research!!! And with the help from babypips, I feel more informed and more confident now than I did before.

It’s Great, Welcome Here. I hope You will get benefit or learn something in this forum.
[B]Best Regards[/B]

Hello,

My name is Kem. I was referred to this site by an associate of mine to learn about Forex. Forex caught my attention as a as entrepreneurial enterprise that I could grow into if I put the time into learning about it. This site has been a great resource to at this point.

Excellent!! Risk management at all times :smiley: check out myfxbook.com which many users here link too, peace ans pips :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, my name is Njendu and I am relatively new to forex trading. I have been reading about it for the last couple of years and I am glad a friend introduced me to babypips which is very informative and helpful. I would like to trade in forex soon and I can use the demo account to acquaint myself with the basics. I hope to interact with you all in the course of time.

I am Kenyan, Nairobi.

1 Like

Hi All,

My Name is “A Good Trader” because that is what I hope to become (Haven gone for “THE” Good Trader so I can get on Dr. Pipslow radial ). I am a Nigerian presently living in the UK. I am a newbie and I can see the journey ahead is quite daunting but interesting at the same time haven read some comment on this site and many others.

I am a married man expecting my first daughter in few months and I presently work as a software developer. I spend most of my days glued to the screen doing what programmers do best but honestly, I would rather stay glued to the screen doing financial analysis. My hope is to become a profitable trader and set up some sort of fund management company back in my home country. Most Nigerians are not aware of these potential avenues and great opportunities available around the world and I would love to be the pioneers of such development and advancement in my country.

I am a graduated of the school of Pipsology like many of us (I would like to believe and encourage other if not) and I am one track to get my hands dirty. I would have loads of questions and I plead that fellow alumina would come to my aid at time of needs.

Thanks
A Good Trader

HI,my name is Mark and I am new to Forex and trading. I have completed pip school and its not the money for me its the game I am interested in. I find it fascinating and intriguing and very mentally stimulating and I would like to find a mentor that will show me the ropes.
I have a demo account with 74,000 so far (not bad for 2 months) and can’t wait to get into the real arena.
I come from a place and time where amazing things happened (bay area California circa 1980.
Anyway I hope to become a Forex guru and possibly make this my next entrepreneurial adventure.
I am in the auto business and have started owned and helped others start their own shops.
I am also finally finishing up my bachelors degree at 45 guess its a never to late mentality.

Hi to Babypips forum people. I just started, I am at preschool learing about charts. I wanted to ask when a good time to start a demo is???