RULES + Welcome to the Introduce Yourself forum

Hi

I am 30 old and trade in forex for 8 years.
any question to me?

Hello Guys,
Iā€™m Claudiu and start trading forex for one year and in this moment I want to learn more and find more about the best companyā€™s products.

I became interested in the forex world after the ECB president said something and it caused the euro to plunge in value and I wondered how people profit in trading currency. In random google searching, I found babypips and I love reading through the school articles learning about forex trading. I am an IT professional so naturally, writing EAā€™s is interesting and I even took at shot at writing an EA for the example system ā€œSo Easy Itā€™s Ridiculousā€. It seems to behave pretty close to the rules given in the lesson and does actually profit with a year of backtesting on eur/usd with 1% account risk per trade. Given the World of WarCraft reference in some of the school material, I am also keen to learn if pipcrawler is related to another famous crawler out there, that is, ghostcrawler :slight_smile: Happy learning and trading all.

Now, I would say. I mean why not?
The sooner you get action be it in a demo account the more advanced youā€™ll get!
JOH.

Hello,

Im DocPardue, and I located in TN of the USA. I am new to the forex market. I hold a BA in Econ, and work as a Financial Advisor for one of the USā€™s largest brokerage firms. I have both a series 7&66 and my goal is to just have a little more fun that Dave Ramsey style investing. I am completely new to the concept of PIPS, but I look forward to learning.

Hi. I am a newbie. Can you teach me your trading styles? Thanks

Hi Names Andy from new zealand
I am 45 years old and REALLY new to this. just want to play at trading for a while, been running demo accounts for a few weeks and seem to be getting a few things right. who knows maybe one day start a real live account and make enough to buy that 50 foot yacht i have been dreaming of for the last twenty years ā€¦

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Pete, and I have been ā€˜tradingā€™ for several years. I live near the South Coast in the UK.

Now, considering the time I have been at this, I should be quite profitable if Iā€™m any good. Well, I am not profitable, and therefore must admit to myself that I am NOT any good!

That said, I have tended to drop out of trading for a while now and again due to other pressures, and I do not sit at a PC all day, as I have a day job.

I believe my issues are:

[ol]
[li]Relying solely on Technical Analysis
[/li][li]Focusing too much on single indicators
[/li][li]Struggling to find the trigger point
[/li][li]Any number of others I have not yet identified.
[/li][/ol]

I understand the principles behind a lot of the indicators, itā€™s putting them in to practice I am not good on yet.

I particularly like RSI, and have worked with Andrew Cardwell on this. I bought a couple of Andrewā€™s courses, and have had many Skype calls with Andrew. He is an exceptionally knowledgeable man, and a genuinely nice guy - but I still havenā€™t quite nailed it. I think part of the problem here is that Andrew is a position trader, and his strategy/methodology seems to work best on a daily and weekly timeframe (although Iā€™m sure it can help on shorter timeframes) - but I do not have deep enough pockets for those longer timeframes, the risk comes out too high for me at the moment. That said, perhaps if I get this right, the risk is automatically less than it is now anyway.

I had heard about BabyPips.com before, but for some reason had never stopped by. Now I have, Iā€™m amazed! I am progressing through school (thereā€™s something I didnā€™t expect to be saying at 57 years of age!), and happily I am doing very well (if the quiz results are anything to go by). I knew about trendlines, I knew about Pivots, I knew about S&R, candlesticks etc., but for some reason I wasnā€™t properly combining them. School has shown me how to do that. But BabyPips.com seems to have so much more, and Iā€™m hoping it is what I need to sort my act out. I donā€™t have illusions about becoming rich, but I do know trading has the potential to earn me a living.

I will undoubtedly be asking many questions on this forum as time goes on. Iā€™m looking forward to my time here.

Pete.

Hello,
My name is Aubrey Chapman; I am new to the Forex market. My history isnā€™t in trading but I am interested in learning. Iā€™m currently not much help and still in elementary school. Based on my current knowledge, I will have a lot of questionsā€¦like is there a calculator for the iPad that helps calculating pips? Thanks for any help out there!

By the way, I am from Mississippi and currently on dialysis awaiting a kidney transplant. I am actively doing cross fit and play soccer. Soccer is my passion, but I coach at a program in Flowood Mississippi and am the Director of Coaching in the program.
Anyway, thanks for checking my introduction! Have a successful day and God Bless!

My name is Jon, I live north of Seattle. Iā€™ve been designing and building industrial instruments for over 30 years. Now the company Iā€™ve been working for is moving far, far away. I need to decide: Start a new job (and maybe a new career) or make the plunge into trading full time. Iā€™ve traded stocks and options over the past several years, but only as time permitted and definitely not as profession. I started seeing more and more information about Forex and stumbled on Babypips while searching for answers. Forex trading is new to me, but many things are the same for trading stocks, so Iā€™m hoping to be a quick study. Iā€™ve started a demo account and Iā€™m working through the Babypips School (an amazing service). Iā€™ll also be browsing the forums to see how others are faring. Good luck and good trading to all.

Yes there is a app that calculates the value of pipsā€¦ Just search ā€œpip value calculatorā€ in apple App Store

Hello all,
I was looking for a new job and after many options I went for Fx. I am so happy I found Babypips. They have taught me a lot. I have been thru the School of Pipsology. I still read the chart art and anything Babypips has to share related to the pairs I trade.
But I still have to keep my present job because I am not a very good trader. 70% of my trades go south. I can do with all the help I can get.

hallo. my name is Hariz. iā€™m from Malaysia. my first language is not English so my English is not really good. i donā€™t know anything about forex trading but i only heard just like that. iā€™m also an undergraduate student in entrepreneurship. my intention to join this forum is to know about forex and make money from it. as a student, i think i must have sources of income because cost of living is getting higher. so i hope everyone can teach me how to trade in forex. thank you.

Hello My name is lmrgā€¦ my strategy is trading on newsā€¦ thats all yahā€¦ for my intriducingā€¦ :slight_smile: cheersā€¦

After attempting to find this app, Iā€™m coming up emptyā€¦any other search options you know of??

Hello my new friends my name is icutravel2
I have been based out of Orlando, FL. since 1982. Trading became a part of my life in the early 70ā€™s living in Chicago and trading commodities thru the CBOT. Over the years I have experienced trade in currencies, commodities and now forex. I spent many hours of free time ( as a real estate agent ) trading many methodologies, sometimes with great successā€¦other times with miserable failure.
I believe ā€¦1.There is NO HOLY GRAILā€¦find something that fits your personality !!!
2. Money management is vital ( from a guy spending 30+ years with no BLOWN ACCOUNT) thank GOD
3. OCCAMS RAZORā€¦all things being equalā€¦the simplest solution is usually BEST.
Which brings me to WHY I am here. I am so tired of some of the expert (and supposed expert) blogs :getting back to basics is where I get my very best ideas. Hopefully, in return I am able to help someone in this difficult business. Learn to control your GREED and FEARā€¦be PATIENT !!!

Iā€™m Sipho 40 years old can I make a living trading forex?

Hello everyone, My name is Merry Andrews aka Okon2much. I glad to be here and I guess it would be fun to connect with great minds. Anyway, I have been in this business for almost 8months now. I guess I have the experience, but am willing to learn more and also share my knowledge with total newbies.

I hail from West Africa, Nigeria. Its a nice country, am sure you would agree with me when you visit.

Halla, Forex Gurus

Hello All,

I am Paters. I have been trading on a demo account for 3 months, very new to forex. I am still studying forex. Wish to learn more on this site. :slight_smile:

Hello thereā€¦ my name is Cipta, from Indonesia. Iā€™m a housewifeā€¦ Heard about forex about 5yrs ago,but I learn about it recently. And This website is really cool and really help me to learn. Iā€™m still doing my account demo. Hope I can get it start soon and nice to meet you allā€¦ ^^