RULES + Welcome to the Introduce Yourself forum

Hello @anon53594692! Welcome to babypips. I totally agree with you that babypips is the best resource. As I’ve said in another post. I feel lucky that I started out with babypips. I know of some people who spent lots on trading courses that they didn’t learn anything from. I hope to hear more about your trading journey in the future. :slight_smile:

Oops, I’ve been posting on here for a while and realised I hadn’t done the introduction thing…

My name is Elenmirie, that’s a name I made up for myself when I was about 12 based on the Tolkien appendices… :smiley: So, yes, a nerd. That’s me.

I’m recent to forex trading, still with the training wheels on with demo trading. I really appreciate the experience I’ve had here, starting with the School of Pipsology and now hanging around in the forums. I’ve found it all quite welcoming so far.

I’ve got a thread going in the trading journals category, which I’m putting there both to remind myself of where I came from and also in the hopes that others will get something out of it. Either some food for thought or a good laugh!

As for me, I live in what can be described as the middle of nowhere in northwest England (near the Lake District, but on the coast). My degrees are in maths, and my career has been varied, sort of starting out kind of maths-ish and then going into computer science, a brief fireworks display for the internet boom, then into insurance and risk management. I’m now semi-retired, doing a simple work-from-home job and learning forex trading. And piano.

That’s me! No excuses. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello. I’m Mr. WaterRock. i’m from Southeast Asia. I finished learn forex basic from this babypips 313 lesson. The lesson are very helpfull and Thank You soo much Babypips.com. I finished demo trading 2 month with 50% win rate. And now i step into real account for 2 weeks with 10.000 cent account ($100). Still in the process learning from the exprerience on this trading. Very nice to meet you all here. :grin:

3 Likes

Hi @elenmirie! :smiley: Hahaha. :slight_smile: Just in case I haven’t welcomed you on your thread yet, welcome to the BP community! :blush: :blush: I’m very happy that you chose to share your trading experiences with us. :smiley: I’m also on demo right now, and I hope we get to interact more. :smile:

1 Like

Ooooh! :smiley: Hi Mr @WaterRock! :smiley: I’m also from Southeast Asia! :blush: Haha. Happy to see that more people from our area becoming more and more interested in forex trading too. :smiley: Haha. :stuck_out_tongue: And wow. You’ve made quite the progress! :open_mouth: Good for youuu! :blush: Are you following a particular system?

:blush: Hello ria_rose. i trade with Awesome + Ichimoku. Combined with price action. Just keep it simpel. And see the big picture with MT4 CCFp AllBase CurrencyStrenght indicator. i still dont know in the long run this system will profit or not.

1 Like

Oooh! :smiley: Sounds interesting! Haha. :smiley: I’ve always thought Ichimoku is a bit too complicated for me. :sweat_smile: How long have you been testing this system out? :smiley: I think it will be super awesome if you could also share your system testing here! :blush:

Hi there @WaterRock! Welcome to babypips. It’s nice to hear that you’re doing well in your trading journey so far. Do you have a trading journal here? It would be interesting to see how you’re going about your trades. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:️ Hello CoinLady. I learn and trade at night when i’m finish my daily jobs. Soo i’m still not enough time to manage for the journal. Maybe later i has the free time i will post it to the topic that related to discussing the system.

I understand. I also do my demo trading after work so I understand how your time is limited. When you have the time you can start your own topic with your journal. I have one but since I’m just starting to look into the system I chose there isn’t much there yet. :slight_smile:

@CoinLady thank you! It may be awhile because I’m re-reading the topics that I breezed through and I’m going to practice as I go along so I make sure I get it before moving on to the next topic.

@baemax023 thank you! That was truly a blessing to win that contest! And with the help of BabyPips, and all of you good people, I’m confident that I will do well!

I agree! Let’s do our best in this journey! Wishing you best of luck! :slight_smile:

Hi @elenmirie! Thanks for sharing about yourself here! :slight_smile: I’m already a follower of your trading journal. It’s a good read and I’m learning from your experiences.

Hello Mr. WaterRock and welcome to the community! Good luck on your trading journey with real account. I’m in demo trading and I still can’t see myself going live. And yes, hope you can share here in the community your trading journey when you’ve got the time. Looking forward to that! :slight_smile:

Introduce yourself is really a great forum where you can find amazing people from all around the world. You need to follow the rules ad regulations of the forum in order to make it more attractive place. Welcome to the babypips forum guys!

Hello everyone,
My Name is Andre Setiawan
36 yr old, Indonesia.

FX has been my passion since last 2 years.
I’m a complete newbie to trading but have read a few amount of articles / book about FX Trading including Babypips course.

My recent business is running my own packaging equipment shop. I have been through ups and downs in this area about 8-10 yrs. Somehow around 2 years ago, my cousin told me about trading. He was also a newbie in trading. So we signed up for free demo account, and we did a little competition. Whoever gained more pips in a week wins.

Since there, I started to fall in love in trading. I have promised myself I will achieve full time trading as my sole income generating activity someday before entering retirement mode.

Babypips is awesome. Forum is awesome. I can ask for no more but keep up the fantastic work.

100% Babypips Course will be my first goal and my mentor.

Thank you Dr. Pipslow, you are awesome.

Warm Regards,
Andre Setiawan

1 Like

Hi all!

I am officially back! Refreshed. Reloaded. Upgraded.

Blessings.
Trasimaco

1 Like

Hello everyone ! I am Rezwan, just wanted to thank babypips for making this awesome website !!!

Hello @Rezwan! Wow you’ve been here since 2013! How’s your trading journey so far? :slight_smile: