RULES + Welcome to the Introduce Yourself forum

Thanks. So much

1 Like

Hello. My name is Kenny aka Trinipips7811. I am from the caribbean isle of Trinidad and Tobago and a nebie to babypips. I have a basic knowledge about trading as my wife has been practicing demo for about 1 year now. I was guided to this site and thus far I find the school of pipsology to be interesting and enticing. My aim is to educate myself to become a successful trader. I am a fulltime employee in the energy industry but I want to master trading to be my main source of income. I look forward to learning from this team of traders and newbies as we all aim towards a somewhat common goal.

2 Likes

Hello everyone. Iā€™m Tibbiron, Tibbs for short. I am new to Forex trading. I have been doing a large amount of reading for the last couple of months before I stumbled upon BabyPips.com. I started the School of Pipsology 2 days ago. I am currently in Middle School (never thought I would say that again) and have to say I have learned more in the last 2 day from this training then I have over the last 2 months. I have gotten bits and pieces from different areas of the web, but never so much in one, fantastic form that makes a lot if the info I had clear for the first time. I really appreciate the time that you put into creating this program. I look forward to many, many, many hours of reading and learning, to better improve my odds of becoming a Forex Trader. Thank you for allowing me to be here. Have a great day.

2 Likes

Welcome to BP @Trinipips7811 and @Tibbiron! :smiley: Itā€™s nice to see more people getting interested in forex trading! :smiley: I wouldnā€™t consider myself a real trader yet, but this community has helped me so much in my journey. :blush: I hope we could help you guys too! Welcome agaiiin! :blush:

Thanks for the welcome @ria_rose.

1 Like

My pleasure! :smiley: Haha. How are you enjoying the school so far? :smiley: Are you demo trading alongside reading in the school? :blush:

I havenā€™t started a demo just yet. I want to have a good understanding of what I am doing before I start. Donā€™t want to have to try to break any bad habits I might form before i know what i am doing. Once I have completed the program, thatā€™s when I intend to start using the demo account. Not sure who I am going to use yet. Plan to research a few of them based on recommendations from here. But so far I am really enjoying the school and love the format, as well as the amount of information all in one place. Once completed I should have a firm grasp on the basics of Forex. Although I know there will be plenty more to learn.

Thank you for the warm welcome @ria_rose!

1 Like

Youā€™re very welcome! :smiley: Haha. I hope you also feel comfortable with sharing you trading journey with us. :slight_smile:

Hello Trinipips7811! Welcome to BabyPips! You may want to try demo trading while going through the School. It helps in understanding the school lessons better. :slight_smile:

Good luck with the School of Pipsology!

Thank you baemax023. I already havery a demo account and Iā€™m practicing as I read. Good looking out!

1 Like

hello hope this email fnds you well, i am currently living in angol and i am also looking for someone to exchange trading ideias with. i am aso a begginer. hope to hear from you soon

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great! Do you have a trading journal to share? Or are you planning to start one here in the forums?

Hello, TheBeck here.

Iā€™m from the chicago area. In 2003 a friend of mine starting taking stock investing/trading classes and asked me to join him. To date Iā€™ve invested and lost about $50k in trading and classesā€¦ more than that if I include the choice I made to take a fixed job retirement account and use it to invest withā€¦ worst financial decision Iā€™ve ever madeā€¦ My journey has been through stocks, options, futures, ETFs and now FOREX. Over the past 8 years Iā€™ve been passiveā€¦ not doing any real investing/trading, but watching and trying to learn more about the market via demo accounts. About 4 years ago a made a commitment and a 5 year goal, to try and replace my retirement account in 5 years, by 2019, and my focus vehicles for doing this would be would be FOREX and Stock Options.

How close am I? Well, Iā€™ve learned a lot using demo accounts. Iā€™m looking to begin sticking my toe back in the waters at the beginning of 2019. My experience has taught me to be conservative and to start off by risking only 1% of my account at any time. Iā€™ve learned a few strategy with FOREX and Options that I will slowly put into play. BabyPips caught my attention as I started going through the School of Pipsologyā€¦ good educational program.

About meā€¦ married with children. Like music, and even play my sax every once in a while. Not retiring anytime soon. Looking to go on my first vacation cruise in 2019. Been blessed by the Lord and enjoying life.

3 Likes

Greetings from Kentucky, USA

Iā€™ve recently joined the Babypips community but I have been reading the forum
threads since I started studying Forex six months ago. Iā€™ve learned much from the School of Pipsology and reading the forum. Iā€™ve also learned a lot about myself. Here in Kentucky, itā€™s lonely being a Forex trader. Iā€™m looking to Babypips to give me an outlet for discussion and camaraderie.

About me, Iā€™m a machinist by day. I enjoy playing guitar and singing whenever I get the time. I have a beautiful wife and three kids. Iā€™m hoping that my time spent away from them, studying and testing will be worth the sacrifice. I started Forex like most. I was rocking on my demo accounts and then trying it live and losing. One lesson I have learned is that my own psychology has been my biggest problem. I was however very cautious when going live and havenā€™t blown any accounts yet. Iā€™m hoping to keep it that way. Iā€™ve read back about 2 years worth of drpipslowā€™s articles and enjoyed them very much.

Iā€™ve recently started journaling and taking more of what Iā€™ve been reading to heart. Journaling has helped me organize my thoughts and processes. I definitely wish I had started my journal much sooner. I have always kept spread sheets of success rates, risk to reward and whatnot, but I have not simply put my processes into words.

I have come here to learn and to share. I am not here to sell or buy a system. I am confident that everything I need to be profitable is all on this site. Iā€™ve just enjoyed reading the threads for the past six months and decided to give it a go.

Currently, I am working on my goal of ā€œBreak Even.ā€ The last few months I have been placing paper trades and trading some trades live. I swing trade the daily charts using simple price action and S&R levels. nothing complicated, no indicators. In the 2019, I hope to attain my goal. I have come very close in 2018 but with the Holidays and unusual trading environment lately, I have sat many trades out that would have attained my goal.
I hope I did not ramble too much!
-KiwiYen

1 Like

I donā€™t have a journal. What sort of info would I have to include in one?

1 Like

Greetings

I am Tukan, 52 years old, married. I am from Zurich, Switzerland but live now in eastern Europe to learn a new language and a new culture.
My interests are classical music, technology, books, politics, economy and tasty food. A bit sport to keep my body and mind sound.
Trading was for me always fascinating cause I learned so much about myself.
I look forward to have some interesting discussions.
And happy new year all

2 Likes

Hi all, this is an intro for the trading team from Vietnam! We have been preparing our team since July 2018 and with our verified trading result via myfxbook, we hope to make some contribution to new traders. Do let us know if you need us to introduce more of ourselves. Regards and happy pips!

1 Like

Hi Babypippers,
My name is Imran and i am a complete newbie to the world of FX and Babypips. Finding there is soooo much to learn and am a little daunted by the whole FX game, but it seems I have come to the right place. BP is such a great site and kudos to the team and the entire community as this is such a great place to start. I love the honesty and up close and personal forum.
Hopefully I can add some posts in the future and who knows what the future holds.
Best Regards and Happy trading 2019 to all on BP.
Pip Pip!

1 Like

Welcome to babypips @AnisaM99! Nice meeting you too. Did you go through the school of pips? How has your demo trading been so far?