Saying goodbye - why it's not worth being here

@ria_rose
hehe
well now… 9 Emoji’s :stuck_out_tongue:
my decision just became harder hehe.

Mate i know you do appreciate it and it’s people like you that i like helping (sorry… FYI, i’m being serious for a moment now).
mate, You went through the entire babypips course. several times ,
if all newbies were like you , we wouldn’t be having this issue
but they are not

I’m not leaving just yet, i still want to see what the mods have to say, Fair’s Fair and i’ll let everyone have their word in.
and i’m not 100% on leaving yet, it’s more like 95%

and maybe what Manx said is not a bad idea also which i will also consider.
but if i leave, i won’t do so without saying good bye
I will expect at least 10 Emoji’s from you hehe
and know that i always enjoy talking to you and you always put a smile on my face which is good.

but, we’ll see… ok

as for this

well… yes it is
but… there’s a catch
Everyone is selfish .
i’m selfish for leaving (maybe) , Everyone is selfish, but SELFISHNESS is not necessarily a bad thing. even though it is commonly taken to be a bad thing

No No NO… make no mistake
it’s ok to be selfish if YOUR INTENTIONS ARE GOOD
and Yours are
so it’s ok. I understand

by the way… you didn’t put up an emoji for SELFISH hehe
mate, cmon… Not again… hehe

Don’t leave. I respect your honest opinions and so what if other get sensitive. Some of us on here still want your advice and help

1 Like

I kinda got teary-eyed there, @anon81929759 :cry:

Of course! Don’t dare leave without at least saying goodbye! :angry: You’ve been somewhat like a guide to me here so I would be really upset. :confounded: I really enjoy talking to you too and I appreciate the patience you have for my silly questions sometimes. :slight_smile:

It would be weird not seeing your walls of text lol But yeah. Really think about it! :slight_smile: And given that you really put in your time and efforts in making decisions like this, I’m sure whichever route you choose to take, it would be the right one for you. :smiley:

Ahhh, K you worry too much. I got flagged for saying “unicorn farts”, the mod thought it was funny, but someone objected, so flag O Licious. It is what it is, none of us are the be all or end all, if _bob had 10k for every time he was flagged he could buy another Island in the pacific, and pretend to be Gauguin, without the Syphilis of course.

Some will like what you say others will not, thats just the way it is, and I am sure you know this. no doubt you have some interesting observations, but you tend to be verbose, sometimes I just can’t read through everything, it is the same problem I have with holding a position over night, not enough patience.

But, this is not a knock on either one of us, your style appeals to some, and is offensive/tedious/whiny to others. To me, we are all on an anonymous internet board, all we can hope for is that we are not trolled or stalked, and if someone disagrees with us they clearly, and succinctly lay out their objection, and explain, with hard provable facts, why we are wrong.

Other than this, we can’t expect much.

So anyway whether you stay or go, trade on braugh trade on.

The Ever From The “Neutral Planet” VIPER

1 Like

1 Like

thanks mate, i appreciate that.

hehe
yeah, it’d be like the site is empty… right ? like something is missing .
sort of like when you have 3000 emails in your in box and you DELETE ALL and then 1 new email comes in… Kinda seems empty :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah but uincorn farts are pleasant things hehe

yes… and we do not forgive and we do not forget… EXPECT A WALL OF TEXT hehe

OK HERE IS WHAT I HAVE DECIDED

@pipstradamus has responded.
the long and short of it is
he was respectful towards me

i also want to say about that AUSTRALIAN COMMENT, his intention was not malicious nor racial, but it just came out the wrong way
he has apolgized and all is good

now. he has expressed that the OVERALL TONE but not necessarily the words IS A CAR BLUE was the issue

ok… so this is where we get into the subject of Special Little Snowflakes (and… i’m not staring anything here, i’m just saying)
NEWBIES NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CANNOT BE OVERLY SENSITIVE OR TOO LAZY when trading

oh and that’s apparently another issue
the word LAZY is apparently offensive

GUYS… A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE NEED TO GROW UP … ok
it’s not fair that others should suffer because certain people can’t get past STICK AND STONES

WHAT I HAVE DECIDED TO DO IS THIS

I WON’T LEAVE
@ria_rose you will be happy to hear this , and your emoji’s were a large deciding factor
@anon46773462 a lot of what you said resonated mate, thank you

what i am going to do is hang back a little
i’ll still be here
i’ll be selected in what i respond to

simply stated, AND THIS GOES AGAINST MY CHARACTER in a way as i like to help
but, if i think a person is a bloody idiot and lazy, instead of helping you to rectify this… i’m not going to respond or care (and to me that feels weird) but i have to so i don’t get moderated

so that’s it then

i’ll work on shortening my posts
i’ll respond to intelligent comments
i’ll respond to people who put in effort and show that they are not lazy

SO… I’M NOT LEAVING THEN, but i will lessen my presence

BE COOL GUYS

i HOPE THIS POST WAS VERY VERY INFORMATIVE TO NEWBIES THAT READ IT .
have a good day guys

1 Like

I just stopped posting because PC language and trading are not compatible. Is like Lee Ermie or how ever it is written had to say something polite in Full Metal Jacket anytime he cursed. War do a lot more to a soldier.

I remember someone opened an entire forum just to request to ban me and that hot chick with her superman avatar boyfriend they just held a feud against me sabotaging every single post I’ve made just for quoting a quote from the movie GI Jane.

So there is no point on trying to help. Internet just sucks.

2 Likes

I sometimes feel that, too (not always, though: at other times, I do feel like taking part).

1 Like

i agree with this
@MrGone666 in the past i have also experienced that whole “it’s not worth helping” thing
but as @LaughingCharlie says… there are times when it is worth it so i look forward to those times

i’ve learned to not take it personally if someone is not worth helping, but instead to just step back from it .
Most times it will be the case that people are not worth helping, but the way i see it is like this…

Why should the ones that are worth helping suffer because the majority are not worth it ?
after all the “worthy ones” are the important ones
that’s how i see it

I just saw this now and I’m very very very happy that you’re staying! :smile: :smiley:

I understand the problem you experienced traders face, you know, dealing with all the questions that have been asked 10000x. But, thank you so much for extending your patience a little bit more. We really appreciate it! :smiley:

YAY :blush: GOOD NEWS :sunny:

1 Like

@ria_rose
i thought you’d be pleased :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OF COURSE! :smiley: Hahaha.

1 Like

@anon46773462 Agreeing with every word.

1 Like

Hey Martin, Mike here.
I know I don’t post to anything in here. But, I do read very much of what flies around in here.
I just want you to know that I absolutely love everything you have to say! Man…I would hate to see you go away. I think I have agreed with about everything you had to say (even if it was kinda crude to a lazy newbie).
I love reading advise from smart people.
YOU are smart.
(And while I’m in here now) So is…
Manxx…
Falstaff…
LaughingCharlie…
TradeViper…
MrGone…
PipMeHappy…
Probably more, but that’s who I see up top now.

All you guys have some serious experience behind you.
I’m sorry I don’t get into any conversations, like you guys do.
But, just know, that I appreciate all what you guys write.

Mike

5 Likes

Thank you for those kind words Mike.

I watch your “Dear Journal” thread with interest too. I lkie the way you “tell the journal everything” and I keep intending to start at the beginning and see if I can work out properly what your spreadsheet records. It is clearly a well thought out method and I suppose one of the reasons I struggle is because my colour vision is poor !

I would like to be able to follow the numbers better though - maybe I’ll make a concerted effort soon ! I really think it is worth making the effort.

Good post though mate - Good to see you on the “General board” - I hope to hear more of your own input - well worth listening to :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@MikeWolski
Hi Mike, Nice to meet you mate
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the praise, i sincerely appreciate it , thank you man, i’m kind of speechless right now… thank you

don’t be a stranger in the future.

3 Likes

The rant of all rants. Really new to the site and just looking around. Some fun things, educational things, reasonable trade ideas and good, honest follow up. By the way, not a newbie. Traded forex in both London & Boston (Cable, Yen crosses & the Loonie), and trade for coffee money now. I think with that kind of rant, chest beating and so little regard for those finding their way, perhaps you should take your skills and enjoy the trappings that surround you. And look to go short NZD/YEN for a few days.