Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

Yes @froghunter those are approximately my numbers. I don’t like being stuck in a trade that long, but the recovery trades places more of my account in the trade, so when it moves into profit, the gains are higher.

1 Like

I’m not sure I get your meaning. Can you break it down for me?

@SurprisedMoose

Just a thought about starting all trades as counter trend and waiting until price gets back to the 50 to close.

I don’t mean to replace tend trading. I just need trades to close before they turn into marathons. Its something I think I should practice before my “practice” session ends at the end of May. I can’t think of a reason not to do it.

1 Like

Similar thought has crossed my mind. Using 50ema pullback as the exit point. Trades will not close as fast as you normally would on touch of 9 or 20 ema but this way you could get bigger profits for sure.

Well, with 10 minutes to go before leaving the house, I entered one more trade for a quick scalp. Add 5 pips.

In and out.

96-0.

1 Like

Because you’re new members. Once you read enough and spend more time in the forums, and get likes, you get more features opened up.

There’s a thread, let me see, about levels. Here you go.

10 little wins. Most on 1 candle’s movement. 30 pips so far.

Avg trade 4 minutes.

2 Likes

I should be treated extra special as the 1 Millionth Member :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hows everyone’s day going?

@TWILS0

I had cake in your honor.

No small sacrifice when I’m trying to drop 25 pounds.

But you are worth it!

1 Like

You definitely don’t want to be dropping any pounds in this industry @AmericanTrader :rofl:

1 Like

I’m kind of liking trading on 4h using KoF strategy to enter reversal/ correction moves. Gives me lots of time to adjust my entry and I can let it run stress free for a day or two if needed.

3 Likes

Yes! Haha. Great day yesterday, except getting caught in a EURJPY trade going the wrong way. Not fun!

Been a bit busy and forgot to update. I made an ea that enters when price moves more than a configurable amount from ema 20 then adds positions when price moves the wrong way every x pips. On short periods I can get amazing results. But once or twice a year there’s a run that just shoots up and goes for so long that the price averaging doesn’t save you.

I’m not surprised, discretion is an important part of this system. The wrong news will make price move far and fast that will mean the additional entries add up to one giant loss.

I still think it’s worth a try on demo. On a day with no big news releases for Eur or Usd I will let it loose. I have a few more EAs that I want to test on demo but need an inexpensive but good vps. My computer isn’t up to the task

Well. It was an average week in trading. 115-0 since starting KoF counter trading. Added 0.8% to account balance while remaining in training mode.

My best trade today had me down 240 pips aggregate before zooming into profit. As usual, I closed too soon and left 50 pips on the table as it went all the way back to the 200 ema. But still a good winner.

Have a great weekend all.

2 Likes

Are you from Chester UK John?

I am. Are you from this area too?

I’m in Sandbach, about 45 minutes away from you

1 Like

What’s happening, everyone? It’s been very quiet here lately.

I’ve been in a trade on GBPUSD since Thursday. I’m still waiting for it to conclude so I can go and look for the next opportunity.

I hope everyone else is having a great trading day.

2 Likes

@s22d
I opened a few trades yesterday evening and had to let them run overnight. By about 4:00 a.m. I think it was, my time, went up and hit my take profit. Then, it seems my broker was having server issues for a couple of hours this morning and I couldn’t trade.

1 Like

@AmericanTrader Isn’t it the most amazing feeling, waking up to Take Profit notification on your phone :slight_smile: