Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

@s22d

Looks like there’s a lot of room between price and that 200 EMA on the H1. That’s what has me excited about buying right now. I hope your days of frustration end with a nice win.

I know you don’t look at indexes much AT. But look at the dollar DXY index, it’s the only index out of 8 that is in the green? So you could say it’s very hot at the moment as it has sucked everything out of the other currencies.

dollar

@rocktrucker

Yeah, I’m already several entries into a trade so can’t really get into any others, maybe for a few days. Since I am counter Trading, I like that price is going against me thanks to the dollar. It just means a bigger payday when price gets back to the emas.

1 Like

@AmericanTrader

Thank you, I needed words of encouragement. It will eventually turn around. Matter of when not if.

2 Likes

Dollar was due to come strong. USDCHF long to 0.99 looks a good carry trade. Deciding if I want to hold a long term position or something more active

1 Like

please excuse my clarifying/correcting this, just to make sure nobody’s misled by it …

the branch of IC Markets that offers accounts with 1:1,000 leverage is NOT “highly regulated”

it’s barely regulated at all - it’s “regulated” only by the Seychelles Financial Authority, which is paid for by the “brokers” it regulates and doesn’t ever rule against them, and that’s actually tantamount to being unregulated

i’m not calling IC Markets crooks, or anything of the kind, but people need to be aware that this is one of the companies that runs different brokerages - one is well regulated, by ASIC in Australia, but of course that’s NOT the one that’s allowing people to use such high leverage, because ASIC doesn’t allow that - the brokers they regulate are limited to 1:30, just as in Europe

3 Likes

No need to ask me what trade I am doing at the moment AT? :rofl: I did have 15 shorts on the euro but I have been looking at the screen now for over 7 hours. However the dollar is still looking dangerous.

After such big moves, expect a retracement. Especially when it’s a Friday coming up.

2 Likes

Well it’s always at the back of my mind.

1 Like

@rocktrucker

today is a perfect rocktrucker day!

@chesterjohn

I’m doing much better with my leverage. I can ride this thing for a week and be absolutely fine. But I’ll take that retracement any old time!

@AmericanTrader Hey what broker do you use if you don’t mind me asking?

@samewise

IG US

1 Like

Yes with my only strategy of shorting the EUR/USD. :rofl:

1 Like

While I wait for that pull back…

What are you trading?

@chesterjohn

I’m long on Eur/USD.

If it gets back to 1.08050 all my. Entries are in profit.

150 pips minimum.

@AmericanTrader

I was just reviewing the chart on 8h and its oversold (rsi). Quickly checked previous instances of 8h oversold RSI for last 12 months.

Eurusd has always produced a bounce of anywhere between 150 to 450 pips on such occasions.

I’m more than happy with a 150 pip bounce from here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@s22d

The daily chart looks great too.