Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

I know
But is that a custom indicator?

I tried making my strategy into an EA.
The function that outputs the price level where a fractal formed outputs some outrageously big number instead, so I gave up on that but I’m still learning :upside_down_face:

1 Like

One custom: the TicksSeparate volume
TicksSeparateVolume.ex4 (14.6 KB)

Non-custom:
Cap Channel - no change to settings.

Emas
Yellow - 7ema
Blues - one 25ema set to “high”. one set to “close”.

SMAs
Whites - one set to 100 “high” and one to 100 “low”.

The candle colors are from an indicator that shows if they are above the MACD zero line or below it. Its not needed really.

2 Likes

We’re all still learning.

I believe many strategies work, if used properly.
I think the ones I use show a real good entry and exit point.

I hate to lose a trade. It ruins my day. So I try to make losing a rare thing. If I’m scalping, there can be some little losses if I’m using an SL. But almost always its making money before stopping.

If I’m on the D1 and Wk1, I don’t expect to lose. It does happen. It’s happened 4 times in the last 12 months. But when one loses, I’m usually still up for the day because of the other open trades.

1 Like

The indicator combination looks SICK. Maybe you should give it a name like Leviathan or something.

I’ve been learning a lot. It’s a ton of fun.

1 Like

This looks a lot of fun for tomorrow? :rofl:

That’s why I don’t put anything in the stock market anymore. Every year its a crash waiting to happen.

I can’t tell if the U.S. government actually wants it to happen, or if they are just incompetent beyond belief.

I’m left having to hope its just incompetence.

My CHF/Jpy long I’ve been holding on to is well into profit now.

Closed out: Total trade time 4 days (Late entry. Should have entered 9 days ago).

If you were scalping chf/jpy this morning you should have had 3 very good wins and 1 break even.

Gold going to 2700 by year end too. Look For GOLD To 2700 | Macro View - BeSomebodyFX it kind of shows you what a mess things are in?

1 Like

Buy stock in companies that make metal detectors and sluice boxes. :laughing:

1 Like

Today’s M5 Eur/Usd scalping.

Here’s what should have happened if trading while following the system:

65-70 pips, but it took all day.

M1 Scalping examples:

Practice moving SL to BE or a little profit when there is room, and if you want to go for TP2.

Okay, who rode the JPY news?

Life would be so much easier if the central banks just told us when they’re getting ready to pull off some craziness.

160 down to 154. Wow.

1 Like

MA so simple, yet very accurate in comparison to other indicators and oscillators imo.

1 Like

This morning:

Trade 1 - Long. Entered at yellow (7ema) crossing over lower blue (25ema set to “low”). Closed at Cap Channel mid point line.

Trade 2 - Short. Entered at yellow crossing below upper blue. Closed at bottom Cap Channel line.

Trade 3 - Long. Entered at yellow crossing above lower blue. Closed at upper Cap Chanel line.

Great few trades here! Where was your StopLoss placed on each of these?

Hi scottrobo23.

The SL depends on how you like to trade. For newer traders who are worried about taking any significant losses on a trade, I suggest on Trade 1 to have the SL just below the lower orange Cap Channel line. For Trade 2, just above the purple 200ema. For Trade 3, just below that lower Cap Channel line. If you use the blue order block / support indicator - place the SL inside of them. Move SL to break even at earliest opportunity.

When the price is close to one of the exit points, you can move the SL to lock in some profit.

1 Like