Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

@chesterjohn

I know that is technically true. But by watching the YouTube videos, I noticed that those are all counter-trend and it didn’t really matter if it was a trending market or not. I think you bring up a good point though, because it does take some practice and experience to deal with those trends properly.

@chesterjohn

I’m still having difficulty finding the time to trade with the trends. I’ve done it a bit, like today. But I would love to have a day or two off when I can really go for it on those.

I’m looking forward to it because you’re right. That’s the way to make some nice money.

The entries I’ve seen him make are in the daily trend direction after it’s slowed down and ranging. I don’t fully understand it either.

Timing the entries when the market often decides direction is how I try to get on the trend. But I don’t have time to try this often either

1 Like

@chesterjohn
Yes. I do notice that most of his live trading sessions seem to start around 10:00 or 11:00 a.m. in my time zone, which is gmt-5. So the New York session would be open for an hour or two before he starts trading. I think that takes the news out of the equation.

1 Like

Actually I watched a video yesterday on YT and he was trading 20 minutes before market close. For him at least, he enters trades like popping candy and I think this is beginning to happen to others on here? Which is absolutely amazing!

1 Like

Yea, he seems to trade when the markets are usually ranging and slowly reversing with zig zags. Probably the best time for trading the back to ema strategy because you very rarely get big moves. Higher spread is the cost.

His style annoys me with no structure and popping off 5 trades rather than 1 bigger one. Then the chaotic closing of trades. Certainly got something though, he never seems to lose money, unless he deletes those videos

2 Likes

@chesterjohn

Yeah, it’s not for everyone. I really enjoy it, myself. I like having the EMAs for a take profits Target. And the cost averaging is such a vital part of it.

Are you using a different strategy these days?

I trade a few strategies, this is one of them. Right now I’ve got a position open on gold that I think will run a while. I’m expecting it drop a fair bit and the swap rate is really good so don’t mind holding it for a while. As long as the dollar doesn’t collapse, hopefully the debt ceiling is sorted very soon.

If I trade the kof strategy, I have an ea that places orders at even increments and closes everything at once so it’s not as chaotic.

@chesterjohn
Nice

Got a question for you, callin.

In the AUDUSD example above, I noticed 0.10 size was bought FOUR times at 16:44:09, 16:44:09, 16:44:10 and 16:44:10. Why not 0.40 size at one time? Is there a reason to enter FOUR times instead of just ONE?

Just curious. Thanks.

@AmericanTrader i am a bit skeptical in buying the 1% strategy since the full ema strategy confused me. So i resorted to his youtube videos on it. And noticed that he buys and sells almost at the same time. Dosnt that just cancel out everything. Im still struggling to understand the full ema strategy so i dont want to buy this yet. Could you share some insights as to what the logic is within legal terms that is. Happy trading everyone

The two strategies will confuse you tbh as they operate in different directions, one with a trend and one against the trend aka as countertrading. Which one you choose is up to at any one time, depending on your trading style and market conditions. However there are always plenty of opportunities for both strategies to work.

One of the things I have noticed on here is if you are using one strategy and then learn about the other, it can confuse the hell out of you? But I think everything is like this when you learn new things?

@Art_prentice

Are you talking about buying on one pair and selling on another simultaneously?

When he is trading on one pair, all the entries will either be buys or they will all be sells. He recommends only trading one pair at a time until you really master the strategy.

I believe that if you are having success with the EMA strategy, its all you need. All his live trading videos, and my own experience, confirm this. If you want something more than the EMA strategy, you can buy the 1% videos. That’s something you can always do in the next year or two.

But don’t stop learning the EMA strategy. Its 85% of what I do.

1 Like

@Art_prentice

Look how easy this trade is. Its on a H1 chart, but the trades were entered on M5.

I’ll make at least 50 pips.

3 Likes

I concur with you, you are making most of your money from countertrading. I recently have jumped ship from the 1% strategy to the EMA strategy, only because I had a lightblub moment last week thanks to you and others on this forum.

1 Like

@rocktrucker

I saw that light all the way across the pond.

1 Like

:rofl: But what trade is that above? Is it 1%?

@rocktrucker

EMA, but moved to H1 to identify target profit points.

On days I know I will be out of the house (golf in 3 hours + a little work after) I have gotten into the habit of just making one trade that I don’t have to babysit. It either hits my tp or I check it to see if I need to make additional entries every once in a while.

I am building my confidence both in my placing trades, and more importantly, in my ability to manage any open trades.

Let the market do all the tricks its going to do to take everyone else’s money. Let it spike. Let the institutional traders take out everyone else. Let price tease you for as long as it can.

Then close in profit when the time is right.

3 Likes

No i mean literally buying and selling the same pair at the same time. Ill try and get the video so you can see. Maybe that was some other strategy but he dis call it the 1% strategy and linked the course in the description

@Art_prentice

Ok. Thanks.

I have never seen that one. I have seen ones where in a ranging market he sells at the top and buys at the bottom, after closing the sells.

1 Like