Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

TP hit

1 Like

@AmericanTrader
This is it. Start from 2:30 let me know what you think. Actually we should all look at it an see if itā€™s potentially a killer strategy and discuss it. Right?

@Art_prentice

Iā€™ll get a chance to watch it at some point today. If itā€™s a new part of the strategy then definitely should be discussed. Itā€™s not something we can do in the US. We canā€™t trade in both directions at the same time on the same pair.

1 Like

Most brokers dont allow that, hence the confusion. Anyway ill wait to hear everyoneā€™s opinion

1 Like

todayā€™s like christmas on eurusd :see_no_evil: made 0.12% (very low risk and small lots)ā€¦

75% win rate after 50ish trades :smiley:

combining KoF countertrend, 1%, hedging, position management and cost averaging

:money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

@Dragos_MCMXCVII
Beautiful!

1 Like

Feeling so happy and jealous of all of you booking profits :blush:

Iā€™m still stuck in my Eurusd trade (going on more than a week now). I feel impatient at times but then I just walk away from the screen knowing that I will be eventually able to book profits sooner or later.

My initial entries were bit sloppy and I could bring my average price down by adding more positions but then it will overload my account at this point so just sitting on my hands, waiting for market to do itā€™s thing.

@s22d
have you thought about exiting part of your biggest losing positions while taking profits from your biggest winning positions, so that you breakeven or have a small loss?

@Dragos_MCMXCVII @s22d

Thatā€™s what I did on my 5 day trade a week ago. I closed my first entry to give me some cushion to enter again.

It worked out well.

1 Like

On the bright side, I just checked the daily chart for eur/usd and it looks like weā€™re getting into the oversold area.

Looks promising for an upswing.

@Dragos_MCMXCVII @AmericanTrader

So grateful for your inputs. Iā€™ve taken some profits on previous leg up. My last entry is at 1.0770 level so there is no need for me to add more at the moment unless price dips further and any entry at that point will improve my average price.

My current average price is around 1.0849. I try and keep a 20-30 pips difference between my entries while building the position.

Problem is I started building this position from 1.0920 level which was a rookie mistake considering price hadnā€™t extended that much from emas.

Overall, I can sit comfortably letting it playout for as long as it takes. The only frustration is missing out on all the opportunities until this trade is concluded.

2 Likes

what i do is i trade both long and short.

market structure is what i trade, aka swing high, and swing low.

buy when price goes past swing high,
sell when price goes past swing low.

tp after price triggers my order and starts retracing about 25%ish from position entry to maximum high/low.

rinse and repeat.

in case it triggers my order and immediately triggers the opposite order, i do the same but leave the losing position active.

eventually, price will retrace,
and i will either breakeven on all losing positions or manage the trade by closing part of the biggest losing position, as outlined above.

rinse and repeat,
you now have a money printing machine.
(granted you are using small, micro-lots)

1 Like

i have kof indicators on,

but just for convenienceā€¦
donā€™t really need them to be honestā€¦
itā€™s just to save me figuring out trend direction.

market structure (orderflow, swing high/low only)

@Dragos_MCMXCVII
Would you be able to share a screenshot of your chart pointing to how your entries and exits work?

1 Like

Tried some ā€œprinciplesā€ from the video. Completely blew up in my face. I think I need to watch it a couple more times.

I learned this lesson last week. Kept adding, had 3 positions open shorting NZDJPY, of course I pick the bottom, and Iā€™m just starting to get ahead on that trade. I completely lost track of margin while opening some other trades. Def my fault on that one.

Same with shorting the EURUSD. Got there just a tad too early, no stops and so I had to close at a loss. Had I waited just through the weekend, I would have had some nice wins. But the bigger losses were getting big!

1 Like

Yea, this I noticed too compared to AT original channel strategy. Bigger wins for sure. Just donā€™t know if I like having to hold trades longer.

1 Like

@samewise

Try sticking to only one pair at a time. Make sure not to open big position size. This strategy is all about having smaller positions and smaller profits.

If your position size is small, even if price moves aggressively against you, there will be margin available in your account to add more entries.

I can feel your frustration, losing money is no fun but we all learn from our mistakes. Lessons we learn today are the building blocks of where we will be in few years (living on our own private island, sipping martinies on our own private yacht).

Or in case of @AmericanTrader, playing golf all day long :slight_smile:

4 Likes

NZDJPY! Huge candle!

Yea I think maybe I should trim down what pairs I watch. And I totally goofed on the position sizes.