Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

On the road again. Cashed out my usd/jpys for 30 Pips. Looks like that bank will be open tomorrow too.

Added more positions to USD/Jpy and closed for another 15 pips.

Three more entries on usd/jpy. Closed two and leaving One open for the long run.

Wins all across the board. A good Trading day.

Crossed the 100 Pips before 11am local time. Which is about average.

Now that’s a great explanation! Clear, steps to follow, position sizes, what works, what doesn’t. Love this community!

1 Like

I had one go longer. Not related to any strategy mentioned here. More of my own doing, and not setting a stop loss and not wanting to close a big fat loser. It eventually came around, and into profit, but it definitely affected my other trading (I traded less positions and smaller risk). Not fun and lots of stress.

2 Likes

Hey @rround, are you using MT or Tradingview? Thanks.

@samewise I use both. I am currently using MT4 for my live account and Oanda demo with TV. Honestly, I wish I could use TV for everything, I really like the platform and all the the charting tools. But I like how quick I can enter trades on MT4, I get better entries. I like them both in different ways I guess.

USD/JPY longs performed well today.

This was my best day of the week…but I love Thursday trading!

Hope everyone had wins today.

Looking at the pending news at 8:30am ET tomorrow, it could be a wild ride. I am ready for some profits. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait fooooor iiiiiit.

Euro/USD kof ema at 8:30 was about as perfect as you can get. I’ve gained back a cumulative thousand Pips on my cad/nok trades. One more day like that and I’ll be at break even.

1 Like

Looks like I’m going into the weekend down 37 pips on a Eur/Usd long.
It was a good channel signal on M5 this morning, but the most I could have gotten out of it all day was $1.60 on a 0.1 lot entry. Decided to let it ride.

My Cad/Nok made a massive move in my direction today. Essentially at break even (down about $80).

I didn’t add more positions at the bottom because I wasn’t confident enough about the upswing in price. But now that we have 2 consecutive big green candles an D1, I can place additional entries on the next red one.

1 Like

I can’t see EURUSD going up any time soon. Hopefully you get out at a profit, but I don’t see any reason for Euro optimism right now.

Only chance of going up is if China and Japan keep selling dollars

Opened a short earlier today on EURUSD. Too much down news on Germany, and China is sounding alarms too.

You guy tends to stick with higher TF trend direction when entering on the lower TF’s or it doesn’t really matter much to you?

@samewise

Wasn’t that good for 85 pips today?
I am holding a long that started the day down 20 pips and at one point was down 105 pips.

Sitting down about 68 at the moment.

I started it on a M5 channel signal but will hold it and manage it until its a win. Daily chart looks promising, maybe after one more down day or 2.

1 Like

Hello its been months now that I am back… There are lots of comments to read… To cut the story short… Are there any latest adjustments made on the stratey

@inno256

Hi inno -

No changes on the Channel Strategy. I have added 200 and 500 emas as filters, because I like them for multiple strategies. Other than that, full steam ahead!

My main focus has been on King of Forex Ema strategy, but I still look for Channel signals too.

Okay so I can still stick to the settings on the 1st page of the 1st post.

By the way what’s you prediction for EURUSD London session… I see a zone on 1.09370

@inno256

Yes. You can use the original settings.

Predictions? I don’t even try on the M5. The good part is the frequency of High Impact news on Usd that forces the big moves 2 or 3 times a week.

On the D1 it looks like an overall uptrend to me.

My short was up 20+ pips and missed my TP by a couple pips. Hate that! So now price has pulled back. Still open but down 10 pips. Opened another short with a better entry and closed +10. Some times I can do good picking tops and bottoms in a 35-50 pip range, but every now and then, price just goes bonkers.

1 Like