Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

Yea, its tough.

Arenā€™t you applying the strategy to the 5 minute chart?

@Gopy01

I am using the channel strategy on all time frames, including the M5. I am also applying king of Forex EMA strategy on m1 and M5.

Oh i see.
Thkx a lot for strategy. I am still on the demo account but i am gaining confidence to start on the real account coz the strategy works. ( just need to be more disciplined )
Anyway what is king of Forex EMA strategy. I canā€™t find it

@gopy01

You bet. Wishing you much success!

The king of Forex EMA strategy would require you to search king of Forex on YouTube and watch some of the videos.

1 Like

@samewise

We are back to the low for the week on the Eur/Usd. Its getting close to the 500ema.

1 Like

Cad/Nok daily

Looking good. Its been a long wait (June 27 first entry).

Iā€™m still looking for 1500 - 2000 pips

Eur/Usd should hit the 200ema and hopefully bounce off. Looking for 50-150pips.

Incorporating KoF theory into all of my strategies, so it doesnā€™t seem to matter if price goes strongly against me. The more it does, the more my cost averaging entries will profit.

Yea, Iā€™ve been watching it too. Are you waiting for the bounce first, or already in a short as price gets closer?

You can also use the magnifying glass in the top right corner to search this thread. Just make sure to check ā€œSearch this topicā€.

@samewise

I am already in. But keep in mind that I donā€™t mind if it takes days or weeks to get into profit. I will simply contemplate whether to make additional entries depending on the price action.

1 Like

Your odds that EURUSD price pushes through the 200?

@samewise

1.12?

No idea, Samey. I know Iā€™ll be closing long before it gets there.

I hesitate to make predictions because I donā€™t want anyone to have a bad trade and feel like I gave bad advice. You know me. I only care about winning. So either I make my money because it goes straight up or because I took advantage of the next pullback.

It still looks very promising,

No, I completely get that. No worries!

I think I just get impatient really. I just need to relax a bit more.

@samewise

Itā€™s not easy to relax when Forex trading, is it? I can be relaxed because my entries are small enough so that it allows me all the time I need to wait it out without worrying about some huge loss.

Between my er/usd and my cad/nok - they go against each other so when one is heading more into profit the other one goes more in the negative and vice versa. So even though I expect both of them to be winners in the long run, they offset each other while Iā€™m waiting. In other words, my loss level stays about the same. If Iā€™m down $100 it tends to stay at about that same level all week long. If I only had one pair being traded, then I would be down $200 all week long.

Itā€™s easier for me to be patient knowing this inverse relationship tends to prevent any wild swings. I felt like I needed to start using these daily and weekly charts train myself to deal with the decision to do something or not do something once or twice a day in my trading.

Now that Iā€™ve been doing it for going on 3 months, I can say it has been a very relaxed and comfortable mode of trading.

But I am looking at incorporating a lot of the same trading style into my 1 minute charts also. Iā€™ve been looking at the m1 charts the last few days and it looks like I would have to go back to getting up at 2:00 a.m. to make the most of that though. More research needed.

M1 trading

Thatā€™s really interesting. I guess kinda like hedging in the short term, right?

Yea Iā€™ve been caught out on this several times, especially on JPY pairs.

@samewise

Its working great today.
You get to profit from Eur/Usd going down today.
I get to profit from Cad/Nok going up.

Iā€™m at 450 pips profit on the Cad/Nok now, but am hoping to get to 1000 in the next week or two. Then on to 2000 in Sept.

By then, I hope Eur/Usd will also provide 100 pips but at 10 times the entry size.

Fingers crossed.

Edit: Of course, I will be adding positions when appropriate to the Eur/Usd trade.

1 Like

Indicator for D1 chart seems to think a bounce is near. However, the D can move if downward pressure persists.

One can always wait for the channel signal.

Trading day recap:

Lost 27 pips on the morning spike on chf/jpy.

Decided to take 500 pips profit on my cad/Nok.

The indicator that signaled Eur/USD should go up a bit, also told me the CAD/Nok would go down a bit. Therefore, I took the profits and can continue cad/Nok buy entries on the pullback.

Really pleased with today.