Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

The D1 chart for big profits with small entries

Follow the wave!

A closer look shows how the Channel can be used for additional entry signals along the wave. It also allows you to close out an entry during the trend so you can take some profit if needed.

One mini lot from A to B is over $4,000.
B to C is another $1,600.
C to D is another $1,000.

Add entries at Channel signal of another 0.1 lot (ex: at the green checkmarks).
Add (approx) $5,500.

Its not a get rich quick trading style, although it could be if you are willing to add more entries along the way. I think of it as a way to exceed any annual profit from the stock markets without having to do much other than to check every once in a while to look for signals.

Why Cad/Nok has kept me busy and in profit:

Easy to identify steady trends.

Now do it on several charts simultaneously:

Make $40k/yr in your spare time by checking the charts once a day and deciding if you need to do anything, or just let them ride.

Double your entry size in year 2.

Year 3?

2 Likes

Closed another 2 Cad/Nok entries for 65 pips.

Is Eur/USD going to end the week on a D1 green candle?

Here’s a little reminder about the power of a correct PSAR on M1

Took a longer term trade, held over the weekend, GBPJPY, closed this morning for +75 pips. Nice move! I’m watching JPY pairs again. And USD of course.

I’m trying to keep a better eye on PSAR for sure.

@AmericanTrader Is that you spiking USD right now! Giant 50 pip candle on the 5 min. Woah!

@samewise

You’re welcome!

I made bank on USD/JPY but still waiting for the Euro to get some love.

Could be coming this week. I’ll be watching for sure.

Nice, will test this strategy. Originaly was only in 5m, but are you guys having better results in which other timeframes? and how you guys use psar in the strategy?

@Arakian

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

To answer your questions:

I find the strategy works in all timeframes, but the smaller the account, the shorter the timeframe is my suggestion.

If your account balance is under $5,000, I think the M1 to H1 is the way to go. For H1, most pairs work.

I may be the only one using the PSAR. I love it for M1 and M5

Here is what it looks like on Eur/Usd M1, set to 0.002/.2.
You can see that once the London session starts, it gives great signals. Same with NY session.

@Arakian

Advanced PSAR users:

2 PSARs on same chart. Use one for SL position.
Open trade on first PSAR to change direction. Close trade on first PSAR to change direction.

Pink PSAR - 0.002/0.2
White PSAR - 0.0009/0.2

Getting the love today! My EURUSD long is in profit! Moved the SL to lock in some profits.

Any tips on your exit strategy? I had a 30 pip SL. I’m 50+ pips from my entry. Moved the SL 50% of my SL above my entry. No rhyme or reason on the amount other than to lock in some profits but not get too tight to price. Maybe switch to a trailing stop? I right at a potential resistance level of 1.0925.

Having a look back at my post about this for some ideas

Interesting! I’m in the same position again! 50+ pips from my entry.

@samewise

Way to go!

My exit strategy is a convoluted mess. I look at the cumulative win or loss from all of my trades together and then go back and look at the charts to see which ones I think still have a strong chance of making more profit. If I have a few that look like they have that good chance, then I can let my eur/usd run for a while until it comes close to that big resistance level. Otherwise, I will just look at a closer resistance level and cash out.

Do you look for price to break through that level for some amount of pips to stay in, or some amount of pullback on that level to get out?

The king is live right now

@samewise

I will most likely be closing around 1.1.

And of course, since I’m on the golf course I’ll be missing the king of Forex live session. :rofl:

1 Like

@Art_prentice

How did it go, art?

@samewise

Okay, I’m back from the golf course.

My sl for Eur/USD is around 1.11.

If it doesn’t get there then starts pulling back, that means all of my other open trades are making more profit.