Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

I’ve tried that and still no luck, even tried downloading the indicator from different sources. I may have to accept defeat on this one and find ways to deal without the indicator.
Thank you regardless.

1 Like

@TWILS0

Good to see your post, friend.

Here’s some guidance from previous posts. I have no rules for SL, but for TP, its either the 200ema or near one of the Cap Channel lines. My SL is only for catastrophic situations (Computer breaks, power outage, internet down, etc. So its at the very, very least greater than the most recent support/resistance level. Generally over 100 pips. I do that because I prefer to make additional cost average entries if price is going strong against me. I manage trades until in profit.

Instructions for MACD Cap Channel Strategy

The indicators are for mt4.
TicksSeparateVolume.ex4 (14.6 KB)
CAP Channel Trading.ex4 (76.3 KB)
Order Block Catcher.ex4 (70.4 KB)
Smoothed HeikenAshi.ex4 (14.6 KB)
Traditional MACD MT4.ex4 (87.4 KB)
EMAs: 200
For scalping: EMA 25 high and low. Fast ema 7-14.

Order Block

2 Likes

Some mt4 templates that I like using:

MACD M5 Eur Jpy.tpl (440.0 KB)
MACD H1 Aud Sgd.tpl (36.3 KB)
MACD H4 Chf Nok.tpl (36.5 KB)
MACD D1 Gbp Usd.tpl (26.9 KB)

Is this something new aside from the KOF strategy? Everything seems to have evolved since I was last here

2 Likes

@TWILS0

Yes, I like to think I have enhanced the Channel Strategy.
KoF inspired some of the changes to how I use the strategy, and I still enjoy KoF between Macd, channel, and order block signals. In fact, when price goes against me after I enter on a signal, I KoF it until in profit.

I can use the setup for the 1% on an M1 chart (as you know, I cannot reveal strategy details though).

Sorry, being a pain here.

Whats your entry? Just trying to distinguish the indis and figure out what’s what in terms of rules

You will never be a pain.

I know I haven’t properly prepared a detailed explanation of all facets of the strategy. I am trying to keep it as simple as I can and every time I try to give in depth details, it turns complicated fast. So I have been hoping that showing charts with arrows and some text instructions would be the best way to present it.

For entry:

Fast ema crosses over lower slow ema (25/32) from below.
Fast ema crosses under upper slow ema from above.
MACD crosses the zero level.
Order block signal.

Stay in trades as long as fast ema does not cross to the opposite side of the nearest slow ema. *Important: It can touch the slow ema, just not cross it. If it touches the slow ema but bounces back off it, that’s big money coming. Also, be ready to close at 200 ema, Cap Channel outer line, or order block line.

2 Likes

I was just trying to download the indicators as well and you’ve exactly described my issue! Same thing is happening. I’m trying to load them onto my MetaTrader 4 demo account with CMC Markets. I have a Windows PC.

1 Like

H4 charts:

I went ahead and entered a long on Chf/Nok. Hoping for 145 pips from it in the next week or two. 0.5 lot entry. If price goes down to Cap Channel lower line, I’ll add a larger entry. Starting small is usually a good idea on these multi-day trades.

Other simple ways to let trades run for days with high probability of winning.

Set Smoothed Heiken Ashi to 150 or 200. Let it provide alets/notification on trend change.

This one is just set to 80.

Where would you put your stop loss?

It’s annoying isn’t it!
I was under the assumption that the problem was occurring due to me using a MacBook, however since you’re on Windows it must be something else.
I saw something that said it could potentally be because the download file is for a different version of MT4, but I’m really not sure.
If you manage to fix the problem please let me know, I’ll keep you updated if I find a fix myself.

Advanced trading psychology

The candles are the distraction. The indicators are the truth.

I was experimenting earlier with this concept before you posted on here, throw everything away and keep the moving averages only :rofl:

1 Like

Great minds…

2 Likes

soon enough the thread will be a year old, and has already passed more than a quarter of a million views … that says something! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@flamingoproxy

Its been great making friends along the way flamingo.

Happy trading and best wishes, my friend.

2 Likes

sounds good! I was looking forward to trying out the CAP Channel and the Smoothed Heikin Ashi indicators. I like the look of @AmericanTrader 's chart set ups with these indicators as a way to start trading the longer time frames like 4-hr or daily as a more passive income opportunity, in conjunction with daily scalping.

2 Likes

I took the Euro USD long today and closed at the 200 EMA on D1. It’s got to break that EMA hard for me to get back in.

1 Like

Dollar/jpy also at high point of last few years.

It’s a great because the market indecision could give us sustained short opportunities for several days.

The largest financial entities in the world will probably look to close out their long profits before the years out.

Oh, also, it’s the mother of all double tops.