Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

Man coming from TV, MT4 is kinda hard to work with. Anybody using the MT4 indicators on MT5? Does that work? Is MT5 any better?

Now that I have the 3 D1 chart trades to manage, I think I will do some M1 scalping tomorrow for more easy money on Eur/Usd.

The chart is ready to go!

This worked, thanks!

Here are my EUR/USD chart settings I’ve been playing around with on the 1-minute chart to see if I can make this work for me. Channel is 50 EMA high and 50 EMA low. I like using the Stochastic when price ranges around the 200 EMA. This image is from the CMC Markets Next Generation web-based platform. I also am trying out the MT4 platform to see which I like using better:

1 Like

Weird, only the ticksseparatevolume indicator loads successfully. Maybe it’s my version of MT4? All the others say cannot load.

@Birwi12

Looks nice.

There’s many ways to make it work.

I’ve been trying to set up the charts so I can use the same settings for all time frames, so on the main chart I have the EMAs set for 10 close and 25 high and low. Then on the MACD I overlaid the 10 close and the 32 high and low.

So far, so good.

I hope you bank some serious pips tomorrow!

Just to clarify -so you have found that the 25 EMA high and 25 low channel works the best for you across all time frames?

I’m also experimenting with the settings across the time frames at the moment as I see which time frame most suits me for the time I have available to trade.

1 Like

@Birwi12

Seeing both helps me evaluate the price action on these non-major pairs. I’m trying to get in to a trade earlier on D1 if I only want to be in the trade for a day or two. So I take the first signal (25 or 32), or the MACD zero level cross.

Other than that, for lower time frames, one setting may be better than the other depending on volume.

Edit: If I get in using the 25s, I can look at the 32s to see if maybe I should stay in a little longer.

What do you think?

That Ticks Volume was key to my Cad/Chf 89 pips today. It was reading about 450/0 for buyers. No-brain necessary. :grinning:

Oops. That was the USD/Cad

Today’s wrap up.

Total pips earned 130.
3 trades left open which could take more than 2 more days to hit TPs. Max pips from them should be 250-300. But I will most likely close all 3 at net 200 pips, even if one trade is negative $. Especially if it takes most of next week to get there.

Alerts on most Watch List pairs could trigger any day now.

2 Likes

That sounds logical!

In terms of your time spent actively scalping on the 1-minute chart, what amount of time produces the best results for you in terms of pips versus hours spent?

Please share them so I can try again on my side.

So do you wait for more buyers / sellers volume before opening a trade? Is this another confirmation to check if you are going with the herd in the same direction?

@Birwi12

That’s a good question. I don’t know.

All I do is look for a few good signals after the London and NY sessions open. If I’m up big from London, I have a tendency to stop trading for the day though. I’m perfectly happy with 3 good wins and one small loser.

Ah time zones - I wish the NY and London opening times worked for my schedule!

3 Likes

Same here. Sucks to be in New Zealand if you wanna trade the big movers markets.

Seems the only good time zone is gmt 0.

I have to get up at 2am my time for London and always had to leave for work before and during all of NY.

I’m self employed so I try to just go out 15 or 20 days a month. Some of those have to be Saturdays just so I can get some weekday trading time

That’s a big reason I’m spending more time on the daily charts. With them, I can trade any places, any time

When I’m home, it’s too much fun to not scalp some pips.

I’m selling Cad/Chf, Aud/Chf, and Nzd/Cad.

Only Cad/Chf is in profit right now.

FYI, you know I cost average additional entries if price moves wildly against me. So I really don’t even need to guess the right trend in order to make money. But these trades look good to me.

1 Like

Do you have a certain number of trades on average do you find? Do you set a specific limit of your account per trade before you stop adding extra entries?

I’ve been watching KOF videos to see how he does his cost averaging.

Ah yes living in the UK would be perfect for a trading time zone :slight_smile: