Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

That is great AT. At first glance it looks like there’s a million strategies there :joy: it seems to have made sense now!

Is there a conversion to run this on mobile MT?

Also, what timeframes best? Do you use this for scalping and higher TF’s?

The only thing I can do on mobile is the MACD with the ema channel cross. Its still good, but lower win rate than having the Cap Channel for filtering.

Then again, with the filtering, it can be longer between signals = not as much fun.

@TWILS0

Any timeframe works. Longer timeframes need bigger SLs though.

I do a lot of D1 lately and I even look at the W1 to give me high confidence. I’ll go several days, even weeks, before being in profit. If you don’t like that, stick to M1, M5, or up to H1 and take profit every day.

2 Likes

Please I’m in. Uluforex

@TWILS0

By the way, its so good to see you back and posting!

2 Likes

Would you have taken this @AmericanTrader? 1 hour timeframe

@TWILS0

Personally, I would not have. I like to get into the trades closer to when the signal happens. Especially when the overall trend looks to be down and this is a counter trade.

Do you trade with the trend on the higher, and counter/trend when scalping?

@TWILS0

I do try to trade with the trend on the higher time frames. When scalping, I go both ways as long as I get in quickly after a signal.

I do not claim to be some great trader. This is just how I do it, and it works for me.

I’m sure you’ll find a way that’s a little different but works very good for you. Which is awesome!

1 Like

Scalping Eur/Usd has been amazing today.

1 Like

Many days scalping is just like this.

If you trust the rules, learn when to move your SL to break even, the pips are all yours.

or like this:

1 Like

You can see the power on the D1 chart.

Massive pips.

EURJPY back at 160 lol.

@AkiyamaShinichi

Lets GO

1 Like

Alrighty, I have been following this for some time now in the background and I like how it has been evolving. However, I am at a place now where I feel slightly stupid. I believe I got my mt4 setup the way it should be with the cap channel, 25 EMA upper and lower, 7 EMA with MACD. Here is my confusion, when you say the MACD has to cross are you talking about the signal line crossing the zero line because it seems that this is not happening in all the charts I have been looking at for reference. Or would you be talking about the MACD red and blue histogram lines that are printed flipping sides of the zero line? Also are there links somewhere in this forum with the order block catcher and cap channel that is being used? Is there a reason to put all the EMAs in the MACD window? What is the ticksseperatevolume used for exactly or how is it being used in this? I know this is a lot. Sorry for the long winded response.

@huntleyalan
Alan, don’t worry about it. The whole point of the forum is to try and have everyone, everyone, everyone, making money.

The MACD signal is the vertical lines on the histogram changing from above or below the zero line to the opposite side.

The Cap Channel is a free indicator in the mqls marketplace, so is the Order Block Catcher. ( I’m using a different indicator than the order block catcher now. Because it doesn’t go to higher time frames than the h4. I am now using the clever smart indicator, also free and in the marketplace.).

Putting the EMAs in the oscillator window is not necessary. That was simply a personal decision I made to clean up the main chart. You can certainly put the EMA’s right in the main chart window.

The tickseparatevolume. Shows who was in control, buyers or sellers. If you want quick money and the buyers are well in control. You may want to enter the trade when those in control are pushing in the same direction you hope the trade/price goes. I also rely heavily on this indicator when trading king of Forex style. If price has moved far away from the 9ema on one of my king of Forex chart templates, I wait for this indicator to go to 0/0 or to show sellers are in control if I am above the 9 EMA. Conversely showing buyers are in control if I am below the nine ema.

I want to refer back to information I posted I think a few weeks ago. The order of confidence of the signals. The strongest signal, in my opinion, is the order block. Second, is the EMA cross or bounce. The third is the macd histogram lines changing from above or below to the opposite side. The macd, of course, offers more if we want to go in depth. When all EMA’s are over a zero line, that indicates a longer term uptrend. Some may want to link this idea to the style of trading where if price is above the 200 EMA, you are only looking to buy. If all the EMAs are below the zero line, you would only be looking to sell. I have not utilized this structure myself. But I suppose many traders do

All of the above is just what I have noticed to be generally true. I am at the point in my trading where I think most any strategy, in the right hands, is profitable. You and I are what makes it work or not work based on our decisions and how well we follow the rules.

Today was my best trading day of the week, I hope yours is going well too.

Edit: I have not investigated the website for any of the indicators named above. The information cleaned from them seems to be very apparent.

4 Likes

Thank you for the response on all these questions. I am at work currently so when I get back home I will take a further look at this. This forum has been a great source of information and knowledge.

1 Like

Called it, nice!

2 Likes