Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

FOMC for the win! Couple of short trades on EURUSD AND NZDUSD working out today!

You guys trade today?

@samewise

Good work! I scalped a little this morning for a few dollars but everything else is still in my D1 chart trades. Looks like it could be several days before I end up closing out any of those.

Yea I was watching the different levels of consolidation and just watched the bounces up and down and up and down. Caught some small pips. And then larger pips right around the rate decision move down on some of the dollar pairs. Gotta love TPs when they work.

1 Like

Everyone in Musk’s pocket?

1 Like

@rocktrucker
Cancel that vacation to Mars.

1 Like

Already been a good day. 40 pips profit.

2 Likes

Cad/Nok 60 pips profit. Closed.
USD/Jpy 50 pips profit. Closed.

What a great trading 10 minutes!

2 Likes

Dear American Trader, many thanks for creating this profitable blog. I must say that the teamwork here is great. I am a new trader with a small account size (currently down to 400 usd). I like scalping using the lower timeframes, 1 and 5 minutes, to be precise. I am still having difficulty with your original 5 minutes protocol. I believe that my problem is lack of final confluence from level 2 indicator. I have tried to get the indicator but to no avail. I would be glad if you can post the indicator for MT4 here for easy download.
Thanks in advance for your great support.

@FelixJ

See if you like this one better.

TicksSeparateVolume.ex4 (14.6 KB)

**It looks like Level2 is a paid indicator now.

1 Like

EURJPY 160 is a magnet point as I have mentioned previously. If anyone loaded when it was sub 159, the rewards would be awesome.

1 Like

Curious, why do you like trading NOK?

1 Like

@AkiyamaShinichi

Its been easy money for me on the D1. I don’t have to babysit it much. Very predictable.
W1 chart below

1 Like

The spreads isn’t good though. Or it is…? What broker are you using? You can pm me if you don’t like being seen as a potential broker shill.

@AkiyamaShinichi

I’m on IG Us.
The spread is definitely higher on the non-majors. Its 25 right now.

The cost to me will be $3-$6 in overnight carrying fees by the time it hits TP.

1 Like

Maybe Usd/Jpy breaks out today?

2 pins on W1 chart

Thanks for sharing. I was wondering about that.

1 Like

I’m watching. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @AmericanTrader

I hope you’re well? I’m struggling a little bit with how this evolved since I joined and was active on here. Do you have each strategy and rules you could show us as individual screenshot rather than the all in one you use for reference please mate?

@TWILS0

Well, I have this example that is pretty comprehensive.

You need the MACD set to something close to 6,12,9.
The CAP Channel or donchian or keltner (something to give you the trading range).
Something to show volume of buyers vs sellers (ticksseparatevolume).
200 ema, and for the ema cross, a 7 set to close and a 25 set to high and a 25 set to low.

2 Likes