Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

to be honest im just using CAP in mt4, im trying to do as AT is doing, putting positions with no stop and watch out for news time so i dont end up in a bog loss. But basiclywhen it touchs top cap i sell, if it continues to go up, i contonue to sell until reversal, using minimal lot every new entry. so far so good at 1m chart, 5% up

1 Like

try ATR Channel too in tradeview, put atr 1000, Ma 100 and multiplier 3.6. use only 1 band

Oh nice. What if you miss the initial touch of the touch. Do you still enter or wait for a “reset”?

normaly the initial touch is just the start, it goes further, but if u miss, u miss, lots of chances every day to enter in the 1m chart. its just difficult to keep yourself with a good head while on loss and adding to the trades, but normally it breakeven or go to profit after some time

1 Like

What kind of trade sizes are you adding? Or better yet, what size do you start with? Say you trade 1% of your account per trade, are you breaking that up to something smaller at the beginning and adding on smaller positions after?

ima using a 10k demo account to test it, started this week. I open a position of 0.1 lot in US30 and keep adding till the point of return. I was 10% of Drawdown in this account before start doing this this week, now im 5% positive

1 Like

Would you mind sharing the TradingView script?

I will when it’s ready. It still needs tweaks and additional settings adding first of all

1 Like

Okay cool, that makes sense, since you could be adding to the position.

Oh man that’s great!

Little Friday wins…with 1 loss.

Boo.

Honestly, I only traded today because its fun. But I had to make sure this month remains my best 2024 month so far.

After years of trading, even little wins still put a smile on my face. I suppose its because I know they can be turned into big wins when I watch how they play out afterward.

1 Like

AT,

First off, I want to say a big thank you for sharing your wisdom in this thread.

Mind if I pick your brain for a minute?

So, the time used here is London time, correct?

Let’s take the 2nd transaction from the top (USDJPY) which was opened today at 13:36 (which should be 05:58 EST) and closed at 13:38 (or 06:10 EST).

It seems that your trades are very short. Of the 10 trades found in the screenshot, six were less than five minutes. I imagined your trades would be longer. Do you usually do lots of scalping or today’s trades were just for fun?

Thank you.

Hi TraderJaws

I am doing more scalping lately. I’m finding I don’t need to let trades run to meet my goals. There are so many opportunities and I often use the same pair multiple times in the same trend. Some say that costs me money because of the spread. But I say I make more because I re-enter when the pullback is more than the spread.

Also, psychologically, its better for me to consistently win.

Of course, there are days when I let them run longer.

Today’s trades were mostly volume based entries on the H1 timeframe (Buyers or Sellers volume increasing = enter). Since selling on Usd/Jpy goes against the D1 trend on a Friday, I didn’t want to get caught in a long trade going against that trend before the market closed.

So, short trades.

How about you? Do you like scalping?

Here’s my scalping chart that includes a MACD to show entries and exits based on the signal cross.

I think its a popular strategy. The example is on the H1 chart. But I can still scalp with it. Either take a nice scalp, or the first good candle, or let it run.

Hi AT,

I wanted to do scalping but I am just too old :smiling_face_with_tear: to focus on charts, so I do swing trading these days.

TJ

I hear you.

The EMA channel crossover works for any timeframe, but I have changed the EMA channel to 15 on the D1. Just need to have a wide SL to make sure the news doesn’t cause price to hit it.

Caught a nice 50 pips on GBPJPY. I’ve got a second tab on TV open with the indicators most like your MT4 indicators. Now I just need to get used to MACD a bit more.

Are you still using order blocks for entries?

How would you order your entry signals by I importance if you can even weigh them differently/better over the others?

I’m not using order blocks on my current chart setups.

My big win from yesterday used the MACD 2 LWMA crossing the signal line with volume showing buyers in charge.

I’m scalping off of H1 charts so I can see the trend better.

1. Volume
  2. Fast EMA crossing into the ema channel
  3. MACD 2LWMA (histogram line) crossing signal line

Still trying to find a better volume indicator.Thanks!

You trading more D1 these days or still a mix with the H1?

I do find myself using the D! a lot right now because the trends are strong and the MACD signals support them.

Hopefully, these will be my last 2 trades of this week. There is some high impact Jpy news late in the day today though that may cause me to hold them open through Friday or early next week.

June record so far is 31-3.

1 Like

Posted this earlier.