Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

This looks great on M1!

Last trade of the week

1 Like

The original TP got hit.

I was hoping that after I closed this morning I’d have another chance to get back in Monday.

My bad.

I’ve noticed that GBP/USD often has some surprising legs on Fridays!

1 Like

My initial testing of the Forex Signals indicator is positive. I like the adjustments for price along the channel over the Cap Channel smooth curves. Still testing for a few months on this account.
(Red and Green outer bands with signal arrows)

D1

M5

M1

forex-signals.ex4 (17.6 KB)

Full Setup:

Purple Channel with White MA.
vhpchannel_03.ex4 (18.2 KB)

Red/Green MAs (indicator set to 13, 9, 3 with only 13 visible).
MA3 Trend MT4.ex4 (22.1 KB)

Aqua is 200 EMA.

Oscillator
coppock-curve-indicator.ex4 (9.5 KB)

I’ve been using the cross of the White VHP line over the MA3 line as entry point or entering on the MA3 color change, but testing the Forex Signals arrows as entry points as well.

Takes a long time to test and I’m still in early stages.

1 Like

Not liking Forex Signals arrows for scalping on M1 or M5 today. They seem to act just like the Lucky Reversal Indicator and several others that give an arrow, but the arrow goes away if the entry point is invalidated with a subsequent candle in the wrong direction.

It makes you think the arrows were perfect, but they are just markers showing where they should have been while deleting all the ones that were bad signals along the way.

Its hard to beat the setup with the Cap, VHP, MA3, TicksSeparate Volume, and Coppock.

Hi guys. Am hearing all of American Traders success stories with this strategy. I tried it on Demo and it seemed to work and gave me enough confidence to go Live. Unfortunately am now losing on each trade and my capital is on a steady and definite downtrend. Is there something am doing wrong? Another question, I hear AT frequently say “I got in too late”. So if I may ask, " what is the definition of getting into a trade too late?"

That’s how you do it! Nice job.

1 Like

Friday mornings ET are a prime trading window for me.

How long did this last if you don’t mind me asking? Or how many trades did you take? I ran my first demo over the course of a whole almost, before I got more consistent with trading every week.

Perfect!

I’m improving scalping and letting price go much closer to the channel edges before closing. 3 perfect trades this morning on Usd/Jpy M1.

Hi there. I tried demo for about 3 months which was around 30 or so trades. I have now lost close to 20.

I’ve been watching CHF/HUF for a while.
Looks like it may be making the turn up on D1.

I’m in for small risk. I have too much risk already on other trades to go for a big payday here.

So far, so good.

Took a chunk of profit because I am going away for a few days. New pending order added.

Gbp/Cad may be played out.

Up candles staying small and price is nearing top of VHP Channel.

Of course, its not AT the top of the channel yet and could give a little bit more. But why risk it.

We’ll see what Jpy CPI does tonight. But Usd/Jpy on WK1 chart looks to be at the bottom of the channel. Could indicate some long opportunities on D1 before the end of the month.

Same for Gbp/Jpy

and even Eur/Jpy

Gbp/Usd at top of channel. Giving more indication that the dollar may rise on Usd/Jpy and bring Eur/Jpy up with it.

UsdHuf at bottom of D1 Channel. Giving indication that the dollar may make an upward move in the near future.

Eur/Nok looks close to making the turn up too.

Watch List
Nzd/Cad. Could be getting close to reversing down.

Nzd/Usd. Same.

Cad/Chf. Same.