Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

1 Like

These are my go to pairs at the moment!

1 Like

What time frame are you trading? Losing 20 out of 30 is tough. But 30 trades in 3 months is a long time to go between trades. So 10 a month. 2-3 a week. As a beginner, what helped me was going to the 1hr, 15m and 5m and getting a ton of trades under my belt. You get more feedback on your trading skills, emotion, and how your system is working or NOT WORKING. So if I’m losing 2 out of every 3 trades, I’m asking myself what is going wrong?

If you’re following AT’s system or some variation of it, I’d obviously look at whether I’m ever going in the right direction? If so, then I’d check how many pips that is. What happens after? Pullback or reversal? Stop too tight? TP too high? Entering too late in the move? Getting out too early? It can be a couple different things hurting you. If you’re never in the right direction, then review AT’s and other peoples entry rules. Maybe change the MAs. Maybe look for more confirmation. Maybe you’re not understanding how one of the indicators works or how to read the data it’s giving you.

For me it was harder trying to figure any of that out trading the daily or the 4hr. And then my stops were too tight. I think I’m one of the few that actually stopped using SLs for a while when I demo traded and even when I had a small live account. This let me get a better idea of what price would do after placing a stop or TP in my head and then seeing what the outcome of the trade would be. I learned a lot trading that way. Not sure if that will work for you. I have a lot of time to sit and watch the charts.

2 Likes

Thank you. Let me keep trying maybe I will learn before I go bankrupt lol.

2 Likes

Whatever/however you’re trading, stick to demo and don’t trade anything with actual money until you’ve done exactly the same thing on demo, without losing, for a minimum of 3 months AND a minimum of 150 trades (is my strong suggestion). Good luck!

2 Likes

I think I did like 350 trades my first year on demo.

1 Like