Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

Hi, I came across this strategy last week, so over the weekend I did a manual backtest on 50 trades and I was quite satisfied with the results so from Monday I am forward testing the strategy on FTMO $50 000 demo challenge. As of today I have passed the challenge. I’ve caught over 100 pips since Monday and I am trading EU and AU only.

3 Likes

Tomorrow, the market will have forgotten all about any high impact news from today. It will still set its own course tomorrow based on any other medium or high impact news that comes out tomorrow. However, trends can still contradict the news but you must wait for an hour or so after that news breaks before you know what is happening.

You are my hero.

Thank u for sharing this strategy. It’s very much working thus far. I taken 22 trades since Mondayand won almost 82%.

4 Likes

Very good bro

I am out for today, daily goal achived.

1 Like

I saw that sell signal paying off for you

1 Like

hey Have you made any adjustments along ghe thread or you make them right here

Impressive performance you have here. If you don’t mind,my I know your lot per trade?

The only adjustments are playing around with the PSAR to see if it can provide more value. Also, tracking to see if it is a legitimate entry signal if 14 EMA bounces off outside of green EMA’s. In other words, 14 is above both green EMA’s and it goes down to touch the top EMA then bounces up. I think probably most people have their little nuances of how they like to trade.

I think trading on the system has been a lot of fun.

1 Like

As predicted, The 2 trends other than what I will call the Vaczak price drop candle resulting from the news, are up. It would be great if price retraces back up to where it was before Mondays 100 pip drop. Could happen.

Sounds very interesting, do you have specific settings you’d like to share? is it in tradeview or on MQL5 ? thanks a bunch (in advance! :grinning:

Settings are available at the top of this forum thread. Also baby pips member d a s t u l t z has put together a tradingview indicator just last night which you may find helpful. It is a little bit back up the thread.

As I noticed so far, the price most of the time goes back after news, showing it was all about speculants and not a real price changing info, but not always.

1 Like

Agreed. Impact of the news only lasts so long. I’m sure most of the big picture economic news is already baked into the price

Hi, I think its a great and simple strategy. I wonder in ehich sessions do you implement it?

0.5 and I also had 3 trades at different times with 6 lots. My stop loss on bigger lots was 10 pips.

1 Like

I works best in high volume, but could be used in all sessions and all timeframes… If volume is low, signals will have lower win rate. The London and New York seem to be the best sessions.

2 Likes

Ok, many thanks

Great morning mate, well i just needed to find out if its possible to share or create a telegram channel or group that would be easy for chart analysis updates for any session you aim at trading then we newbie can try to figure out possible entries & exit points.
i find the thread a little bulk if there are many comments to read through… otherwise i love this system already.

or if you have a setup structure in trading view to follow you could possibly share the chart link for anyone to view it on view mode one

Thanks @AmericanTrader

Lastly if you commenting and calling out a person in the thread at least use the @ symbol n the username will appear thus making it easy to locate them :wink: