Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

I am going to do a 30 day challenge, 20$ to 52k$ :smiley: wish me luck

4 Likes

Goodluck keep us posted daily on progress

Incoming breakout

2 Likes

Today, I’m going to look at adding a simple MACD cross for exits and re-entries. Just throwing that idea out. Good luck today. Be careful.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I am from South Africa.

Came across this feed on a Babypips FB post, and started following. It soon became very interresting to me as an addition to my somewhat working strategy, lets say 30/70, but the rewards make up for the SL hit trades.

I have been backtesting AT’s method since Monday, but have not taken a trade as yet, only want to see how it affects my “strategy” so to say.

If it works I will share my entry method for specific amout of SL pips. Exit, I am still working on that one aswell…

Great to see that the feed became so alive in just a few days…let’s keep it going…maybe set up our own discord group later on…lol.

All the best for today…

1 Like

Welcome I’m also from south Africa been using it for the past two days started with R300 account now currently on R1200 it does work pretty well.

Sorry guys thats our currency I had to explain it to my fellow south african.

2 Likes

My Forex Funds, FTMO or another company? would you use this strategy?

It’s not about any company, just a simple bigger risk taking thing. And yes, with this strategy. The aim is to make 21-22 pip profit every day. If a sl is hitted one day, then it is a step back to previous day. There is a video on youtube by TMA (The Moving Average) How to grow a small forex account.

Please let us know if you de take the FTMO challenge

Repainting can be a feature or a bug. If you have other confluences in place, maybe a mid-bar signal is all you need for confirmation. You might also want a mid-bar signal to tell you to “prepare” an entry, but then you wait for the candle to close to place the trade. Even if you wait for the close of the candle, price can turn against you, right?

1 Like

It looks to me that longer term charts favor Buys. But we do have high impact news on USD in 2 hours.

1 Like

Do you stay out completely or close out trades leading up to news?

Market is very choppy. Stopped out twice

2 Likes

Not sure this strategy would work through these prop firms because spreads tend to be much higher than the average broker.

Yup! And then the news just hit. Huge red candle!

Sorry for the delay I am working today again. If I see low impact news I do not close out. If I see medium or high impact news I only enter a trade if I think I have time to place a stop loss at break even or better. Always!

1 Like

Sell triggered. Lets see

I do not recommend re-entering yet

In my experience, when high impact news hits there will almost always be one giant candle that tries to take everybody stops out. Hopefully your stops were well placed and the damage wasn’t too bad. After the news breaks it takes probably an hour for the market to decide which direction is going to be trending. So personally, I hold off on any immediate signal.

1 Like

Here is a snapshot of the notifications I received from myFXbook.com

1 Like