Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

14/1 Decided to let a trade stop out this morning. Too bad, because price immediately went back into what would have been good profit. Still, more opportunities to come today. Partially recovered already.

I will be in profit by noon, or sooner. Last significant news on USD is at 10:30est.

Took a trade on demo like 1 hr ago…currently in profit with my tp at the previous high…Thank you for the strategy man!!

1 Like

7:45 London time was the sweet spot this morning, but there is usually 3 to 4 great opportunities a day.

1 Like

Boom! Time to close out?

1 Like

Wedge pattern could be complete in a few hours. Possible good breakout after.

tp got hit!!!

1 Like

Congratulations to us!

Working on the script at the moment with only the EMA6 and EMA32. I am getting very high drawdowns in my back testing. Can you please let me know how do you calculate the lot size or if you use a fixed lot size for each transaction?

I do worry that it would take years to adequately code and test the strategy to make it similar to manual trading success. While I am still hopeful someone can do it, I I know it will be extremely difficult. Draw Downs should be minimal and success rate should be over 80%.

I generally use half lots. That’s enough to give me an extra 80 or $100 a day.

Yeah, I am getting no where near 80% win rate and the drawdown for a years worth of back testing is around 40%.

Nice. Rode the trend up again and just closed

1 Like

Thanks for giving it a shot. Maybe someone else on the thread or one of us will have an epiphany of something that will help.

Still wondering how you came up with this…this strategy is tempting me to use it live already but I’ll be patient and keep testing…thank you again for this Gem.

1 Like

Thanks for trying this out!

I have one question. I get your “2 recent candles” range for stop loss, but what do you mean by a “2-candle entry” on your last paragraph?

The New York session was nice. Good strategy so far.

1 Like

I looked at similar strategies that used a channel and claimed to have a very high win rate. But none of them seemed to be accurate enough to suit me. I’m sure I have not seen them all. But I started using a channel system that someone else developed and I stared at the chart for days and I noticed that the key entry points were better if I did it this way. No matter what day you look at the chart you will see that the accuracy is almost perfect. However, there are some times when all you get is half a candle of profit and the rest of the time you’re getting multiple candles and trends that last for hours if you have the time to stay in them. Everyday seems to have two to three trends during higher volume hours that always seem to add up to about 100 pips and sometimes 200 pips.

1 Like

Hi there!

I just read your post, it’s very interesting. I am new to trading, but it looks promising even for me :slight_smile: I made the charts as you described, and looked for only today, but I would have 2 positions with pofit. Tried to put sl on green line, and tp 1.5R.
Thanks for Your strategy and sharing it with the community! I will follow it for sure.

1 Like

I only target 10 pip profit.

1 Like

What I meant by “2 candles” for entry is that I look back 2 candles and take the lowest point (for a long) and set the stop loss there. I also use the ATR, so I use whichever is greater. I multiply the ATR by something. So for the equity curve I posted, I used 1.0 * ATR. For other strategies/pairs I’ll use 1 or 2 candle look back and up to 2.0 * ATR (no less than 1.0 ATR).

2 Likes

I think that’s a valid strategy.