Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

Filter performance
Updated

Itā€™s the same name

Playing it safe while at low volume. SL moved to break even + 3 pips profit.

Also under ā€œFrequent Postersā€ is ā€œPopular Linksā€ which lists the indicator.

3 Likes

@dastultz
Good.
I bookmarked it on my end.

Both signals worked out nicely.
20 pips before work is ok.

Good morning. Hope you caught those pips

1 Like

40 pips secured

3 Likes

Nice. 20 here also

2 Likes

Targeting the 1.07400

1 Like

@jdtradesfx I got the alert when I was stepping into my car so I snagged another 10 pips.

1 Like

What alerts do you have set? Weā€™ve been riding above since 6:40 NY

@jdtradesfx itā€™s another one of my off strategy signals. Itā€™s a secondary PSAR time frame.

PSAR performance today. I believe it is both a signal and a filter. It sounds like some people prefer it and some people prefer not to use it. The beauty of trading, different indicators can accommodate our individual preferences.

Iā€™ll try to reincorporate it, but honestly, Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m looking for it to tell me

@jdtradesfx I just want to be sure you know itā€™s an optional enhancement. I use it because itā€™s the only thing I have that will send me the buy and sell signals while Iā€™m out driving around all day. So if I get the signal that says direction has changed, then I can look on my phone and see if thereā€™s also the EMA signal. Then I can leave my chart open on my phone and let it ride for a while until I see another signal. I am not on trading view so I have not been able to take advantage of the indicator that dastoltz has made

1 Like

You can see the entry signals are very similar to the EMA and if someone was using the PSAR it prevented an early close on the current buy trend. It would also have provided a very similar exit point to the 6 ema turn.

1 Like

Thank you @AmericanTrader

Can anyone on TV check me on the settings youā€™re using?

1 Like

@jdtradesfx
I think that looks fine.
If it looks useful on your chart at those settings, we have established that its a tool for trending markets. So we are generally looking at the beginning of the London and New York sessions. They tend to provide the greatest trends of the day.

But its the same with the EMAs.

We are looking to catch at least 1 good trend per day and the market usually provides it.

1 Like

@AmericanTrader

ā€œI am not on trading view so I have not been able to take advantage of the indicator that dastoltz has made.ā€

Why not install TV on your phone aswell? It is free, you just need to register. Then you can run all the indis on your app and also add alerts for the different indis to notify you. Then when the time comes, revert to MT to place your trade.

I use TV to analyze and cTrader to place trades. When starting off it feels confusing, but you quickly get used to it, and by now I can analyze one side and follow trades on the other side simultaneously (on PC though)

1 Like