|Jan 10, 06:00|3h 3min||USD|NFIB Business Optimism Index (Dec)|LOW|91.9|85|||
|Jan 10, 06:00|3h 3min||EUR|Household Saving Ratio (Q3)|LOW|19.9%|17.3%|||
|Jan 10, 08:55|5h 58min||USD|Redbook YoY (Jan/07)|LOW|10.2%||||
|Jan 10, 09:00|6h 3min||USD|Inflation Rate MoM (Dec)|LOW|0.69%|0.4%|||
|Jan 10, 09:00|6h 3min||USD|Inflation Rate YoY (Dec)|LOW|7.32%|7.2%|||
|Jan 10, 09:00|6h 3min||USD|Fed Chair Powell Speech|HIGH|

2 hours until high impact news

1 Like

High impact in 27 minutes is unemployment for Greece only.

Market Sentiment:

84% of traders looking to short EUR/USD today.

95% of traders lose money.

3 Likes

Interesting stuff

@Vaczak

Market wants all our money today. Could be a “win” to stay out. Every time I say that a trend occurs and I miss out.

But doesn’t it seem like the day after a flat market is almost guaranteed to have a good trend?

@AmericanTrader I agree with you. I made few pips on London opening, but since then just watching and waiting.

If it breaks that nearest resistance, 1.08 or better in sight.?

i was able to get in in time to move my SL to break even.

Two entries. Locked in 6 pips profit with 1, and 5 with the other.

Go baby, GO!

19 pips for 1st entry. 18 on the other. .

1 Like

Does this show in the indicator settings somewhere or on the chart?

Hey @AmericanTrader, how soon after the two greens are crossed do you enter? Do you wait for a set amount of candles to appear and the white stays above/below the upper green (for a long)?

@samewise I usually enter right away as long as the white EMA is not sideways.

1 Like

@samewise I just looked at the chart again. It looks choppy and awful for the time being.

30 Minute chart confirms bad day to trade

Hi American Trader, I am sorry but even though I have tried to program the strategy, in order for it to work automatically (I have not find a way yet to monitor it myself manually, though I have just downloaded TV in my mobile and have added the indicator of dastultz in the hope of making it easier), I am still puzzled as how it works :frowning:
Do I wait first for the white line to cross the 2 green lines (either coming from top or bottom), and then wait for the yellow line to cross the bottom green to buy or the upper green to sell? Is it that simple or am I missing something else?
Thank you for your help, my master and may the force of pips be with you :slight_smile:

@glantos

Here’s the basic strategy:

The Buy signal is yellow crossing over the lower green. or the white crossing over both greens.

The Sell signal is Yellow crossing below upper green or white crossing below both greens.

Closing your trades is more a personal choice.

You can personalize it by simply closing after one candle of profit. If you entered on the yellow crossing lower green, you can close when price hits the opposite green. You can choose to let it run until the white changes direction. Some choose to close after X number of pips in profit.

Beyond that, I’m sure many have added their own ideas about how to filter out poor signals, but these are not required to make money or have a good win rate. The indicator dastultz graciously made for Tradingview now has a built in filter to help with that.

1 Like

Hi @dastultz, I have been following the thread with much interest since the start and it seems to have great potential. I have been demoing the strategy a little too, but looking for a little clarification. I created my own indicator but then when more functionality was added, I swapped over used the one that you posted here on the forum. It seems to be pretty accurate but I noticed there were some instances where a buy/sell signal was not generated when I thought it perhaps it should. Take a look at my screenshot and the two yellow arrows where I /think/ there should be a signal but there isn’t one. Is this an issue with the indicator or am I missing something on the chart?

Thanks for your guidance.

I think I got the main idea correct now! But I watching at the indicator at Trading View and I was expecting a Sell Signal as the Yellow crossed below upper green a few minutes ago. Am I wrong?

@glantos
Sounds like a question for the person who programmed that indicator @dastultz .

I am guessing the filter he added may have removed those missing signals. That does not mean they are not signals, just that they are less likely to be good signals, on average. Yet, sometimes they are good anyway.

Thanks for the question, as I hope to see great profits for you every day. Please be sure to thank dastultz for programming the indicator for our use.

Hey @glantos , not sure if you have the latest version, I updated the description recently:

This indicator creates a channel from the EMA of the high and low. A signal is generated when a slow EMA crosses into the channel or a fast EMA crosses out of the channel.

“Maximum Fast Outside Length” requires the fast signal move from outside the channel across to the other outside of channel within this number of bars. I haven’t found this too helpful.

“Minimum Slow Outside Length” requires the slow signal to be outside the channel for this number of bars. This should filter some choppiness.

A volume moving average filter is also available.

So set “Maximum Fast Outside Length” to 1000, Minimum Slow Outside Length" to 1, and disable the volume, this should yield all signals. If you find this doesn’t work as expected, send me a specific time / pair and I’ll take a look.

/Daryl

3 Likes