Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

Ahhh thanks @dastultz this answers my question (hopefully it answers glantos’ question too). That makes sense now as to why the signal wasn’t there when I thought it should be. Thank you for the clarification. :+1:

Rob

Looks like about 1.07600 is the previous high?

I think I’ll wait until price breaks that level before entering a Buy.

1 Like

Price still in ranging zone for now.

Now price has broken below support

hopefully Sell signal now has juice.

SL moved to break even.

i pip profit.

No more trading for me until price breaks previous high or low.

Price returned to ranging so London may not offer any good entries.

Back in.

Hate seeing that I should have trusted that original signal again.!

Hey Daryl @dastultz,

Great work and thanks for explaining everything and making it so clear!!! Really appreciate your work and @AmericanTrader for sharing his ideas with us newbies :slight_smile:

I have taken his advice to set alerts for the signals from Trading View and I am testing it today. Seems to be working great so far! I got 2 sell signals this morning and used one to get 15pips! Now I got a buy signal and went in!!!

Would be great to have the trades being automated as well, as it is difficult to get them done quickly at work. I tried to do it with an Expert Advisor but I couldnt get it right (I am not a programmer anyway)! So I am sticking with manual profits for the time being :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For the last 2 days, my MT4 filter seems to correspond with the white crossing both greens. Is the TV indicator showing similar results?

Hi Glantos @glantos

Do you have a screenshot of the alert page that you set up in TV? When I follow the instructions from @dastultz it asks me for values every time for the high and low bands. I think I am doing it wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nathan

Overly cautious AT moved SL to break even until after moderate USD news at top of the hour.

I don’t use this indicator at all, so I appreciate the feedback. I think it has to be specially designed to emit alerts upon cross over. I’ll look into it when I get a chance.

/Daryl

1 Like

Sorry I missed this yesterday, no the volume moving average is not shown visually, I don’t know how to do that. For now you should set the existing volume MA to the same.

/Daryl

Hi @rocktrucker ,

See below the image, as I have set it to send alerts when the Fast EMA (6) crosses up (above) the high (i.e. crosses out of the channel) and sends a signal to buy.

You should also make a similar alert with the Fast EMA (6) when it crosses below (down) the Lower (i.e. crosses out of the channel below) and sends a signal to sell (and of course, the alerts must be made for the Slow EMA (14) as well).

I hope it is clear :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @glantos,

Nice one with the screenshot. I will give it a go!

Thanks so much.

3 winning manual signals. 1 other required quick close, break even.

1 Like

SL moved to BE before leaving for work.