Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

Yup, you’re right. Just removed it and reapplied it and I can see the new inputs there. Remind how the volume moving average factors in? Like where do you see that?

The indicator can plot stuff over the candles or in a different pane (e.g. RSI). I don’t know how to plot things over the volume area of the main pane, so the volume MA is not plotted. Best to use the same setting on the existing volume MA that is plotted.

/Daryl

@samewise thanks for the info about not changing settings. The settings I was using for other pairs was heavily based on one minute charts. Those, I think do require the modified settings. But I think you’re right that 5 minute and above could use the same settings as our original strategy. Glad you pointed that out.
Thanks as always.!

Today’s big move on 1M Eur/Jpy was at 2:45pm GMT - 0.
Easy money. No challenge to SL. No stress.

Perfect

1 Like

PSAR/EMA provide great signals for Eur/Usd

Perfect

Anybody watching EURUSD 5m right now? Crazy long candle right now.

Up early. 1:30am my time.

First 35 pips in 10 minutes between Eur/Jpy and Chf/Jpy on 1M.
So easy.

1 Like

Now THAT’s a London session!

Done trading for the day at 5am my time.

1 Like

EUR/USD 1.0870 is being tested as resistance?

1 Like

@Vaczak
Its only been tested once. So maybe.
But a big downward move looks possible too?

@AmericanTrader I would vote for a downward move.

1 Like

Hey @AmericanTrader and others,

I just saw this about when big moves in the markets traditionally happen, maybe we should keep any eye out today to see if it happens and test the theory out as it’s one the ‘key’ days today?

4 Likes

This is true in my experience. I like to focus from 8:30 ET to 10:30, and I’ve come to notice that if I take losses during those hours, they can usually (if careful) be made up in the afternoon. Mondays always test my patience, especially if there’s been more movement during the Asian session. Fridays I usually peace out by 10:30, but sometimes there’s a late move around 3pm.

2 Likes

@rocktrucker

I agree with the article.

My take on trading is that it seems to me if Forex were my job, I’d look to trade 3 hours of London Session and the 8:30 to 12:00noon Est. That gives me 2 chances, even on those Monday and Fridays. Today, I took my 105 pips at a peak time . Edit: 35 of my pips was before London Open. It was on the 1M charts so its cheating.

Still be on the golf course by 1pm.

2 Likes

Hey @AmericanTrader, what’s the name of the indicator you are using on MT4 that is measuring the number of times support and resistance has been tested? Maybe I can find something similiar on Tradingview?

I started a pot of coffee 15 minutes ago and decided to grab another 10 pips. Looks like there is a support zone coming up between 1.08060 and 107980.

@rocktrucker Investment Castle Supply and Demand

1 Like

If anyone cares, the other indicator that appears on this chart that shows a green or red box followed by a big blue box is the MT4 “Break Out with TP and SL fibonacci”

The idea is the red or green appears at session opens and determines a base range. If it determines the likelihood of the Blue area being a rising trend, its green. If it predicts down trend, its red. I have chosen not to clutter up my chart with displaying the fibonacci. This is also the indicator that shows the TP1, TP2, etc lines.

2 Likes

@rocktrucker
Author info for Investment Castle products:

Ahmed Alaaeldin Abdulrahman Ahmed Elherzawi

4.6 (52)

1 Like

Also if you like 1 minute scalps then you can also use this strategy which is really simple to follow and is pretty robust, it doesn’t give signals automatically but you can set it to give you alerts on Tradingview. I found this strategy on youtube, so go there and add this to end of com /watch?v=lNmVJJ2uw4c. You may want to add in an order block finder indicator to it that shows support and resistance levels especially on the 15 min - 30 min - 1 hour time frames, however this is a 1 minute scalp.

3 Likes