Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

Saw this too however just wondering if its well to discuss the lot sizes and how many positions can be opened for the pairs you use.

lets say one has $100 how many positions can one open and how much lot size per trade considering a 2% risk.

and also how many pairs can one trade with

@inno256
For me. I can trade max of 2 pairs simultaneously.
More than that would invite foolish mistakes. When I trade multiple positions on the same pair, its usually because I already had a large win and I’m using smaller individual trade sizes. I’ll enter a small trade at the signal, and another small trade if its followed by a small red candle (on a buy). Everyone does it differently though.

As for lot sizes. I’m with you. Until my account quadruples, I’ll stick with my 0.5Lot entries for the most part. Still hoping to get to 1Lot trades sometime this year.

1 Like

Made money on demo today with eurjpy. Even with 1.6 pip spread (yuck)

1 Like

@Neddyboy50
Nice.

That pair has been invaluable to me while waiting for Eur/Usd to provide a signal. Many days I’ve got my 50-100 pips for the day just from the 1M Eur/Jyp and Chf/Jpy and I’m done by 9am my time. It just seems that all the best pips come from those pairs right at that time when I need them (5-9am).

1 Like

what time is 5-9am in your time zone

@inno256 GMT - 5
Eastern USA

Edit - CORRECTION!

I placed a rare order based on 4H chart. Shorting Chf/Jpy. If it works, it’ll be 50-80 pips. So I placed 2 trades for equivalent of 100-160 pips.

Fingers crossed as always.

1 Like

Sitting on a EU buy from the most recent yellow cross…not too sure but this is looking like a retrace so fingers crossed here too.

@Sammy.fx
Hopefully that USD news in 2 hours makes it work well for you.

1 Like

4H settings?

@FedeRomero
Yes. I used the 4 hour chart to decide it looked like a good trade. It may not show profit for a few days. I’m sitting at -24 pips now.

Just got stopped!

@Sammy.fx

I saw that red candle. So sorry, Sammy.
Btw: on my chart it didn’t show a buy signal. Our charts must be a little different, or like me, you jumped in a bit early?

Anyway. Losses always hurt.

My green EMAs are set to 32 maybe that’s why…I took the trade as soon as the yellow made its cross

Yeah. On mine it came close but didn’t touch. I was real close.

Hope the next one more than makes up for it Sammy.

I’m only down 13 pips now on my Chf/Jpy.
Keep going!

It really looks different with the same settings, I also see the crossing.

@Vaczak
Hmmm. I just double checked my settings and I am at 32 exponential EMAs, 14 exponential Yellow, and 6 white.

All correct.

Maybe there needs to be a little adjustment to yours and Sammy’s settings to compensate.

@AmericanTrader could be. I just checked on MT5, it looks same as tradingview. Checked the setting 3 times, all correct :smiley:

Here is what I was looking at for my 4H Chf/Jpy short.