School isnt neccesary

Its a shame you guys don’t spend more time on threads that are actually worthwhile lol. Could have created the holy grail by now with all your combined input. :smiley:

Neither have I. According to what I’ve read, you go both long and short at the same time (a hedge). I think the assumption here is that the market moves sideways in the (very) long-term, so at some point both your long and short will win. This is assuming you don’t get margin called before you win, so I guess the strategy only works with no leverage. It’s simplicity is alluring. No thought is required. It’s evil!

A Grid is to buy (or sell) usually at 10 pips steps without SL and TP of 10 pips… using very small positions

The idea is to take advantage of the fractal nature of the market and its volatility… there are 4 types of Grids (not going to talk about here) according to market conditions.

Grid Trading

Banker, Banker, Banker,

Got o give ya one,

WOOF,

Yeah, school isnt necessary, ALTHOUGHHH, if your a real trader, I would say, YES, Yes it is necessary.

I trade my soul for infinite margin, yeah!!!

Well, whatever works for your accountant…but just curious, isn’t an accountant supposed to be of the “run away from risky markets” sort? Just askin’ since this is the first accountant I am coming across who loves to trade…guess it takes all sorts to make the trading world, LOL

I’m an accountant in one of the big 4 firms and my job really conflicts with my personality as I am a risk taker, but surrounded by a bunch of people who are talking about IFRS, journal entries, financial statements. But my first career, I was a trained engineer who used to work in Japan and IBM in Toronto.

I am just trying accounting and see what’s the big FUSS about getting a Chartered Accounting designation.

ok, so you posted on another thread and created your own. nice popcorn time :smiley:

whoever said finishing school guarantees success?
whoever taught you that ludicrously flawed logic?

Yeah, the same.

Who guarantees you a jobfter graduate from college?

Yeah, there are no job security these days.
I know a lot of kids who had to take another course, often in a totally different field, after college just to get a job.
forex is like 10-100 times harder than that :smiley:

Babypips is the best school for dummies and I have no doubt about it. Here lessons are given with easy examples and with funny pictures, makes it very interesting to beginners and they easily get attracted to forex trading.

I think the school of course necessary but the most important thing is - practice. Without practice your school means nothing.

If sharpshooters were like traders, by now, they all would probably lost a member, maybe a finger and one eye. “If all pliots and doctors combined were like traders 95% of population would be dead by now.”

You are correct banker. It makes very little per trade and it’s not super profitable, but it’s constantly profitable nonetheless. If you can cover enough of the market, you will still be making money even if you have a few trades in for years. As far as interest if we lose any it’s a few pennies, but the account balance interest offsets it ad it’s almost always positive overall.

I would rather taker forex and make money with the grands then pay them to a teacher and hope to get a job when I get out. Self taught can be very rewarding. I only call my friend my accountant because he is going to be. I’m a week or less away from signing to a label. I am going to pour the money I make off music into the market to preserve capital and make it work for me rather than a bank and get little return. So technically he is no accountant, but as a artist, he will be to me.

I have a word for it: BS

No bs my dude. I’m calling it up in favor of the interest differential. So even If my positions are down the interest equates to nothing in comparison to what I make per day.

Thank you for that link, I nearly cried with laughter! That was probably the best YouTube video I have ever seen! Lol

Forum was quite boring yesterday, I thought you were finally banned.