Self Motivation Videos And Quotes

The government of these countries is the problem. People are trying their best to overcome the government, so they accept what other people offer them in donations.

1 Like

Having said that, even if most of a country is developed, there will still be pockets in a country that need help, government or not

2 Likes

I agree. It’s a challenge.

I tell you, though, it’s cool to see those kids smiling and having fun.

1 Like

I find it odd that we have charities that support U.S. military members and their families Because the U.S. Government doesn’t do enough to support military members and their families.

They should be well taken care of

87 top rated charities to support military members and their families

1 Like

Japan, one of the wealthiest countries, has impoverished areas.

Yeah, I agree. That’s a huge problem. People serve their country, then lack support as they exit said service. That alone discourages enlistment.

I don’t know how much the government does for veterans, but I don’t have to do any research to know it’s definitely not enough.

It’s a sad story.

2 Likes

A plan without action is just a dream.

1 Like

Blackstone Inc. is an American alternative investment management company based in New York City. Blackstone’s private equity business has been one of the largest investors in leveraged buyouts in the last three decades, while its real estate business has actively acquired commercial real estate.

Blackstone’s $80 Trillion Dollar Bet

1 Like

How Stephen Schwarzman Built Blackstone Group

In case you didn’t know, Stephen Schwarzman is one of the world’s wealthiest people, with a net worth of over $37 billion. He is the chair and CEO of The Blackstone Group, one of the world’s largest alternative asset management businesses.

Blackstone provides advice for mergers and acquisitions, private equity funds, and hedge funds. It is perhaps best-known for its real estate investment partnerships but it didn’t do all this from day one.

1 Like

Should the U.S. government be held accountable for any of this?

Arming and Funding Cartels

CBS Reports journeys into a cartel stronghold in Mexico to expose how the U.S. is helping fuel its own war on drugs. With special access to secret intelligence documents and government insiders, this investigation uncovers how American citizens have been aiding Mexican drug cartels by smuggling military-grade weapons across the U.S. border, providing the money and firepower for cartels to operate with impunity. Watch more CBS Reports documentaries that dive into the key issues driving the national and global conversation.

1 Like

A true warrior prays for peace but prepares for war

1 Like
1 Like

Dangerous, This guy is crazy

Climbing a Skyscraper Without Ropes

1 Like

Even doing that with safety equipment is impressive. And he’s free climbing. That’s wild.

1 Like

You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Daredevil’s Swingbar Collapses and Falls 4000ft Off Cliff

2 Likes

He survived

BASE jumper survives cliff edge stunt fail in Norway

A Norwegian daredevil had a lucky escape when a stunt he was filming for a television show went horribly wrong.

Surgeon Richard Henriksen’s penchant for performing gymnastics before BASE jumping from cliffs in western Norway made him the ideal candidate for Norwegian state broadcaster NRK’s television show “Normal Madness”.

2 Likes

Even before I noticed his parachute, I was laughing.

1 Like

Considering he had on a parachute, it’s better the bars broke and he went off the cliff prematurely, rather than the bars breaking and he lands face first on the ground behind him. He would’ve had terrible injuries.

1 Like

I remember when this story first broke, I never understood why someone will play with their lives like this

Famed Chinese rooftopper falls to his death from 62-storey building

1 Like

They have the same kind of mentality. They probably have different reasons for pursuing such danger, but they strive to be great. I think it would be hypocritical of us to praise them when they succeed, yet call them fools when they fail.

If that’s the case, we should call them fools when they start that path. But then that would say more about us than them, wouldn’t it?

It’s not much different than Ronnie Coleman or the competitive eater guy…I don’t remember his name…the one who doubled the Nathans hot dog record. Same for Goggins. When Goggins ran his first 1st 100-mile race he nearly died. He could have died. He had really bad rhabdymyolysis. No one would say it was a smart move for him to do that.

They know the risk, and take a chance on themselves. Sometimes, they fail. But at least that guy died pushing his limits. That’s more than what could be said for the rest of us who are often playing it safe.

Steve Irwin died doing what he loved. CT Fletcher risked dying during a bench press. His doctor warned him not to because his heart valves could burst.

It really is a different kind of mentality.

When they succeed, they’re great; when they fail, they’re fools. Strange, no?

1 Like

I see your point, but I never praise people who play games with their lives for no reason at all. Daredevil stunts.

1 Like