Self Motivation Videos And Quotes

Villagers living on cliffs - Most dangerous cliff way to the village - Chinese Cliff Village.

1 Like

These big funds remind me of The movie Wizard of Lies–the movie about Bernie Madoff.

The dreadful Ponzi scheme.

At the end credits of The Other Guys, they explain what a Ponzi scheme is.

1 Like

Just when you think humans couldn’t get any stranger…

Why does it matter how much gold they have if the US is off the gold standard?

1 Like

I have no clue but I found this report.

What will happen to the price of gold if inflation hits 2%?

1 Like

@SmallPaul @Mondeoman @tommor
During market recessions, do you think the government should bail out such large financial institutions?

Or do you think the government should let the chips fall where they may, stay out of it, and let the market cleanse itself?

1 Like

My preference is for government to stay out of business.

But two factors are relevant. Firstly, what if government negligence - policies and actions (or inactions and lack of regulatory oversight) - contributed to the problem?

And secondly, in practial terms, would a government be right to sit back and let a national economy plummet?

2 Likes

Sometimes government policies give these major financial institutions the green light to pump money into the economy at any cost, no one talks about that.

1 Like

The reason why the government gave the bailout to those major financial institutions, they knew it was government policies that gave them the OK.

1 Like

Why Blackrock wants to become Blackstone

What I think is irrelevant to the market. However it does influence my long term planning. Whether or not the government (in this case I think you mean the USA government) bails out the big banks and investment funds, I still think we are on a one way elevator to stealth tax by inflation. The most recent the actual figures, the more lies the government(s) tell. Look at shadowstats.org and worlddebtclock. It is not only the USA Government, it is all governments. Very few times in history did a government attempt to reduce its long term debt, and in practice, the best tool governments have to steal the wealth of their citizens is inflation. And the best response the citizens can hope for is to resist legislation that allows governments to track every decision each citizen makes every microsecond of the day. With that data, they control us. We are mere slaves. We can only hope for the best and plan for the worst. Look at Robert Kiyosaki’s book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, understand the difference between good debt and bad debt, play the Rat Race game, and get with the plan. You are only responsible for your own health and wellbeing (wealth). Don’t worry too much about anyone else.

2 Likes

Why are central banks on gold buying spree?

1 Like

Be careful when using this website due to a virus attack

1 Like

Even though I agree with Mondeoman that what we / I say is irrelevant to the market, I still find it interesting how the big financial corporations function.

BlackRock is the only ETF approved by the SEC

BlackRock’s Secret Plan to Take Over Crypto

BlackRock has a secret plan to take over crypto, and today I’m going to unveil it to you. It starts off innocently enough with a Bitcoin ETF. But it ends with them dominating the entire crypto industry, replacing incumbents like Coinbase and Binance. Oh and also they wouldn’t be able to pull it off without the behind the scenes support of their buddy Gary Gensler. I’m super worried about all this but I also have an investment strategy to take advantage of the changes to come.

1 Like

Can you elaborate more please? ¨At no cost¨, do you mean ¨as little tax as possible¨?

And how do these major financial institutions pump money into the economy? When they buy shares in other companies?

1 Like

Clinton’s Legacy: The Financial and Housing Meltdown

Clinton sowed the seeds of the Great Recession by helping to inflate the housing bubble.

1 Like

The Seeds of Crisis: What Really Caused the 2008 Financial Crash

The global financial crisis of 2008 was the worst economic disaster since the Great Depression. It caused upheaval in financial markets around the world, brought down major banks, and left millions of people without homes, jobs or savings. At its core, the crisis was caused by a toxic combination of deregulation, excessive risk-taking, lax lending standards, and the bursting of a massive housing bubble. But the seeds of the crash were sown over many years through flawed policy decisions and unchecked market excesses.

https://www.historytools.org/stories/the-seeds-of-crisis-what-really-caused-the-2008-financial-crash#google_vignette

1 Like

Legal Drug Dealers

Opioid Dealers Worth $13 Billion… Legally?

Unveiling the story of the Sackler family, the controversial billionaires behind a legal opioid empire. Discover how their pharmaceutical company, Purdue Pharma, contributed to the opioid crisis while amassing a $13 billion fortune. In this video, we delve into the family’s history, their influence on the opioid epidemic, and the legal battles they’ve faced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7ivdcpt4Do&list=TLPQMjAwNzIwMjQW5cXzCfwIlg

1 Like

Are we sure the American government wants to crack down on illegal activities, there are jobs and industries that depend on them

Including Illegal Activity in the U.S. National Economic Accounts (PDF)

The internationally agreed guidelines for national economic accounts, System of National Accounts 2008 (hereafter referred to as SNA 2008) (United Nations Statistics Division 2008), explicitly recommend that illegal market activity should be included in the measured economy.

This recommendation has not yet been implemented by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) because of challenges inherent in identifying suitable source data and differences in conceptual traditions.

This paper explores how tracking illegal activity in the U.S. national economic accounts might impact nominal Gross Domestic Product (GDP), real GDP, productivity, and other economic statistics.

Nominal GDP rises in 2017 by more than 1 percent when illegal activity is tracked in the U.S. National Income and Product Accounts (NIPAs).

By category, illegal drugs add $108 billion to measured nominal GDP in 2017, illegal prostitution adds $10 billion, illegal gambling adds $4 billion, and theft from businesses adds $109 billion. Real GDP and productivity growth also change.

Real illegal output grew faster than overall GDP during the 1970s and post–2008. As a result, tracking illegal activity ameliorates both the 1970s economic slowdown and the post–2008 economic slowdown considerably.

1 Like

Do you think these industries should be authorized and regulated by the government?

Imagine if prostitution was legal across the US. That tax revenue would be quite helpful. Same for drugs.

Legalizing marijuana is quite different from legalizing crack or bath salts. But how different could they be from the legal opioids that created a pandemic?

It’s a tricky subject, I know…

You know what? This list makes me wonder about Singapore. I’ve read about how great and safe that country is. They’re not perfect, but there are some pleasant aspects.

For example, I read a story about a guy who went to a free classical music concert in the park in Singapore. It’s a huge park, tons of people sitting on the grass. Everyone was quiet and simply enjoyed the show. The guy said that, strangely, there wasn’t a single police officer in sight.

That story impressed me.

Singapore isn’t known for prostitution, yet other Southeast Asian countries are. How in the world did Singapore accomplish that?

In the US, is it better to leave these illegal activities as they are, completely wipe them out, or make them legal/regulate them?

1 Like

This is very tricky, I’ll address your other concerns when I get a chance, but I wanted to comment on what you posted above right now.

Even if all illegal drugs are taken out of America, we will still have a problem because Big Pharma’s legal drugs are having the same effects as the illegal drugs.

The U.S. government knows opioids have devastated the country and ruined many lives, but has done nothing to curb the epidemic because of big pharma and their billions.

The U.S. government has sold its people to the highest bidder by doing nothing to curb the pain and suffering.

Drug users also play a part, but the major problem comes from accessibility

1 Like